Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 04:06 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"there is very little discussion about the Black persons who intervened to try and stop the attack"
True, and at their own risk! Similar to the mostly black people who stepped up to the out of control thugs in Ferguson during the protest/riot. Hopefully the other two kids that were being attacked had someone step in too.

You know, those in the media could bring these positive cases up too, but they don't. Instead they seem to overemphasis the bad and fan the flames.
Not even so much the media, as it is people. Alot of people won't discuss the Black people who were trying to stop the violence from taking place. Few people are interested in that. The main interest is in hood rats.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:16 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Not even so much the media, as it is people. Alot of people won't discuss the Black people who were trying to stop the violence from taking place. Few people are interested in that. The main interest is in hood rats.
"Not even so much the media"
I think it is driven by the 'No news is good news' standard. I watch a lot of CNN and the trend seems to goad the public into thinking thinking in terms of separating people on race, politics, religion or what ever enflames the viewers the most.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Not even so much the media"
I think it is driven by the 'No news is good news' standard. I watch a lot of CNN and the trend seems to goad the public into thinking thinking in terms of separating people on race, politics, religion or what ever enflames the viewers the most.
Driven by the media. But even when more is known, and it is known that there were Blacks trying to stop it, we hear very little about it. While the media is driving some of this, part of it has to do with how some people think already.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:26 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Driven by the media. But even when more is known, and it is known that there were Blacks trying to stop it, we hear very little about it. While the media is driving some of this, part of it has to do with how some people think already.
Absolutely. If you think that way in the first place and the media reinforces its only going to grow. It's actually a form of brain washing. The Nazis perfected it in their propaganda films. Repeat something often enough to the point that it becomes a self fullfilling prophecy.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
I grew up in New Orleans around a lot of blacks and rode a bus for 2 years when I was the only white guy on the bus. Mariner is right that the large majority of blacks are not violent but there's enough that are that I decided not to raise my kids in that environment. I personally was never beaten though I was threatened many times...I'm a big athletic guy so not an easy take down but I also was careful where and when I went to certain places.

I'm for everyone being happy and successful in life and have no animus against anyone because of their color and there are many blacks I like and respect especially at work and fought black gusy a couple times on the basketball court but never fought more than one...but after where I grew up and seeing this video of Memphis and really just reading statistics, I have chosen not to live around a large number of blacks. It's the most rational of decisions including for many blacks that don't want to live in fear.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:43 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
It's mostly the poorest male segment of the ghetto residing Black population who do such things. Most Black people don't condone such behavior and certainly aren't involved. We had a similar event here in Louisville a few months back. Several people were injured thankfully not killed. It turned out to be related to gangs (act like a fool to get membership). It has occurred in a lot of cities and will probably continue.

I think the media (besides Fox News) should cover such stories because honest dialogue is the only way to solve our problems.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
It seems that it is not the crime but the accusation that offends very much like the mideast
Committing crime is no big deal but being called a criminal is an unpardonable offense

Old 09-14-2014, 06:33 AM

215 posts, read 182,308 times
There will never be peace in this country until alien people/cultures separate.

There need be no more evidence than the video at hand that this is the clear solution.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:23 PM

In my opinion, many people aren't interested in any solutions. Some are just talking about this because they have hate and resentment towards Blacks, and are looking for a justification for it. If that is the main reason for talking about this, then this is just a waste of time. "Keeping Blacks in the spotlight" isn't stopping those with a "ghetto mentality" from committing crimes. The guilty do not care what attention they get. The very fact that someone filmed this and joked about it shows this was all about "I want attention".

I'm aware of the statistics say. It has been mentioned over and over. My concern is what I get from it, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies