Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2016, 09:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The recession was a result of Clinton-era mortgage lending policies.

Two links for you...

https://www.huduser.gov/publications/pdf/gse.pdf

And...

Published by Fannie Mae Foundation in 2000:
http://fcic-static.law.stanford.edu/cdn_media/fcic-docs/2000-00-00%20Fannie%20Mae%20Foundation%20Making%20New%20Ma rkets.pdf

No FICO score = subprime

Prime has a specific FICO score cutoff. Anything below that is subprime.

You are aware that the Federal Reserve has had to create $2 trillion out of thin air to bail out Fannie and Freddie, no? So, yeah, not only did that stealth QE devalue everyone's savings (by diluting the value of a dollar), but taxpayers are paying interest on the $2 trillion created out of thin air, as well.

Oh, and by the way... the above admission by Fannie Mae is why Mozilo never went to jail. Countrywide was just doing what the federal government wanted.

Sure, sure, sure...

And Dubya got Bin Laden, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 09:22 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sure, sure, sure...
It's your choice to ignore reality.

By the way... how many bankers and Wall Streeters did Eric Holder or Obama's DOJ prosecute? Think very carefully about why Obama the Dems protected them.

Old 03-02-2016, 09:41 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama's presidency is so successful HRC, the heiress to the throne, is setting record numbers in her state wins. It is clear the people want 4 more years of obama. Obama's efforts speak for themselves, Hillary just has to show up pick up the roses.

Just kidding.
You might be kidding, but there is more truth to what you write than maybe you know. Truth that explains why Hillary mentions Obama on a regular basis. There are enough people who know that Obama and his agenda have been better for the country than anything the GOP has been able to serve up instead, and/or who wants to go backwards? Or in the direction of Trump?

People are fed up with the status quo, as usual. (So am I). People give Congress lower approval ratings than ever before, because the status quo doesn't really change much from one administration to the next. "Hope and change" inevitably translates to little more than incremental steps in this direction or that, and maybe that's not altogether a bad thing.

But Trump? Even his own party knows better...

SEN. MARCO RUBIO (R-FL), Republican Presidential Candidate: Today, the front-runner, at least according to national polls in the Republican primary is someone who is preying on your anger, is someone who is preying on fear. And there has never been, in the history of mankind, a great movement that has been based on fear and on anger. Donald Trump will be an embarrassment to America, will be an embarrassment to anyone who supported him.

Old 03-02-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I applaud the attempts of the hardcore Dubyites to deflect from his horrible record in office.

Very amusing.

Quote:
By the way... how many bankers and Wall Streeters did Eric Holder or Obama's DOJ prosecute? Think very carefully about why Obama the Dems protected them.

Oh, you mean they "protected" them from all the vicious attempts by the corporate owned GOP to look into their books?

Old 03-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Default You are not alone, but where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
What planet have you been living on for the last seven plus years? The only means by which you could possibly declare obama a success is that he went into this thing with hopes of destroying America, and he has done a remarkable job of doing just that, so I guess he has been successful.
You and your ilk have been brainwashed into believing he has done good.
obama hates America, he hates cops, he hates whites, he hates everything that is good about America, he is an evil man, so I can only assume by your adoration of him, you share his beliefs...
I've read this sort of rhetoric many times in these threads, and I am always amazed by what seems a true hatred for Obama, as if he was truly a traitor rather than a twice-elected fairly popular POTUS all considered, such that Hillary continues to make reference to him all the time...

I don't know anyone who thinks or feels as expressed in the above comment, whether they be liberal or conservatives among my family or friends, where I live or work, so I wonder where ARE these people who think this way? Who are they? What sort of people are part of their circle, or are they loners? I mean, I know we have very conservative pockets in America, just like we have liberal areas, but just what is the demographic of people who talk, think and believe like Grumpy seems to talk, think and believe? Baffling...

Old 03-02-2016, 12:10 PM

^^^^^
This forum seems to bring them out of the woodwork.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:

There are LOTS of reasons people did not end up in jail that maybe should have as Bernie Sanders keeps going on about, and people will answer this question according to their political leaning and/or lack of political understanding, but we're all pretty well agreed there is really no excuse for what too many Wall Street types got away with as they damn near brought down the country.

Blame Obama if you like of course, but also of course, he's damned for what he does do (ACA), and damned for what he doesn't. Consider what push-back he got from the establishment for over-hauling our health care system, I can only imagine how taking on Wall Street would have gone at the same time.

Proving criminal wrong doing at the highest levels of business/finance is a VERY difficult thing to do BTW, and/or if it were easier, we'd have the jails filled with executives from a good many industries besides financial services!

Old 03-02-2016, 12:42 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Honestly he should have focused on the Economy. Of course the Gov't does not create jobs it does nudge the way in terms of favoring investment here/there, eliminate obstacles, overturning unfair trade agreements,etc.

The QE which has occurred is perhaps the best indicator of what they have done. Next is eliminating lack of turmoil or lack of confidence among investors.

I think more could have been done. Of course, does require cooperation of Congress which means negotiation and compromise and that appeared to have occurred very rarely.

As I wrote earlier, we will know in a few years.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-02-2016 at 01:10 PM..

Old 03-02-2016, 01:04 PM

31 posts, read 21,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sure, sure, sure...
You can deny the truth all you want.

But, your denial(s) do not change the truth.

Old 03-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic1 View Post
You can deny the truth all you want.

But, your denial(s) do not change the truth.

So, Bush didn't crash the economy or screw up two idiotic middle east wars, according to you.

You're a funny boy!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies