Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 08:54 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
There's a lot more but you can do your own research. It sounds like you are very young and have not been keeping up. I commend you, though, for your focus on only that part of my post which you read first. Very single minded.

There was more, but clearly you can't address that so you ignored it. You don't even notice that Obama separates the country's citizens into classes: He separated middle class families from Republicans. That's downright misleading. There are a LOT of middle class families among Republicans. So, if the left (and blacks) mostly view Republicans as rich and white, what is the message Obama sends? Is it not one of division?
You have an interesting manner of insult that strikes me as the mark of someone who thinks much of himself, but I don't think I'm the one lacking the research or more importantly the sound reason that keeps me from the silly conclusions you are inclined to draw from such a quote. We are both old enough, I am sure, to know better, but I suspect you must be new to following politics if you think what Obama has said in these regards is anything new or different (other than that the man is black).

You surely are amusing as well to suggest that Obama "separates the country's citizens into classes."

Hell, conservatives have been accusing Progressives for that as long as I can remember, and I'm over 10 years old! (Going for another laugh there).

More than anything, it seems to me that comments like yours and people like you are the "divisive" ones, more so the older you get...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 08:59 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I was so hoping for the clear cut examples that might substantiate or at least clarify these observations, ideally the verbatim words spoken by Obama being referred to here, but sadly again, nothing but bluster...
The examples are not only completely obvious for anyone who keeps up with current events, but been discussed many, many times here. It's a complete waste of time to repeat over and over and over to those who are in denial because they think the guy can do no wrong, and always think they're the smartest guy in the room.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:03 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Default Googling for what we want...

I have made this comment before, and I will make it again...

Clearly anyone can Google away for what information justifies their political leaning. How immature are we to think that continuing to lob these facts left and right makes any difference when clearly you just read these many comments throughout these many threads and no minds are changed in the least. Reference my "Cement Theory" thread as to my best explanation why.

Despite all the time and effort, you have those like me who think Obama has been one of our best Presidents ever through one of America's most difficult periods, and I have read and posted all the links with information that well justifies my opinion about that -- in spades. At the same time, I have read all the many comments and links with information that argue Obama is the worst POTUS ever, managing to make us worse off than ever before in just 8 years.

I have also asked this question before, and I will ask it again. Why DO we bother?

Old 03-05-2016, 09:53 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
He was something new to try. People fell for that. Bought votes with the promise of free phones and other promises. Failure!

Old 03-05-2016, 10:15 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Failure. You shoulda put a poll in this thing BTW. Taxes have never been higher, faith in our government has never been lower and our nation hasn't been this bitterly divided in living memory.

I will give credit to Barry for not having a bunch of personal-life scandals. Insofar as we're aware, he didn't cheat on Michelle while in office. That's something at least.

Old 03-05-2016, 01:45 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Years and years from now, if jeopardy is still on. A topic will come up, what president is known as the free chit president. All will buzz in on this one.

Last edited by RcHydro; 03-05-2016 at 01:57 PM..

Old 03-05-2016, 03:53 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times

You've posted lots of evidence as to how severe the Dubya recession has been. And they're all from right wing opinion pieces.

Worst economy in three generations.

2016 economy > 2008 economy

Old 03-05-2016, 04:26 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Another pile-on list without any context or citations.

He has successfully spent more tax dollars and increased our debt more than any president before him. -- Every president spends more than the previous one. Population increases and there is inflation. How did Obama increase the debt, exactly, and how are you worse off because of it? (See the previous post, 1506)
He has successfully destabilized 2 additional countries. - Which ones? This President inherited a foreign policy mess.
He has successfully forced people to buy health insurance driving everyone else's premiums up. -- First, if you want to have insurance cover preexisting conditions, you need a mandate to keep people from only buying insurance when they get sick. Second, premiums have been rising above the inflation rate for 45 years and since the ACA have been rising slower than inflation.
He has successfully established the my way or the highway style of leadership for future presidents. --Really? So how do you explain this? Boehner: I got
He successfully retired the space shuttle without a replacement and now we get rides from the Russians when we want to send a person into space. -- 1) I don't think presidents personally make such decisions; 2) Faced with Congress slashing NASA's budget, what was your alternative? 3) in any case, the decision to retire the space shuttles was made in 2003.
He is the only sitting President to have not one but 2 families members here illegally. Both criminals and they got to stay. -- I have no idea what you mean and I also think that's a stretch when evaluating presidential success.

Just like the previous poster who though that typing a laundry list was equivalent to intellectual debate, these are just talking points acquired from talk radio.
These people are not interested in cold hard data, that's why they watch Faux News.

http://dailytwocents.com/wp-content/...es-300x300.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-07-2016 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 03-05-2016, 05:12 PM

580 posts, read 449,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
What I like about the Obama administration is all the racial healing... doh!
Awww. You're angry that the first black president couldn't fix something that the 40+ white presidents before him didn't even give lip service to? Poor thing...

Old 03-05-2016, 05:23 PM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Obama has been a failure for free speech. He and his minions have stopped freedom of expression cold. Speak a word the progressives disagree with and lose your job, your safety. Liberal college professors who don't conform quick enough included.

I always wanted to visit China, but I never thought I would live in a US Cultural Revolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies