Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd say he's been about average. His main accomplishment has been merely occupying the seat in the Oval Office, which a neocon crazy could be doing instead.
Translation:
"I'd say he's been about average" = I know he sucks

"His main accomplishment has been merely occupying the seat in the Oval Office" = I know he sucks, but saying he's just a seat warmer somehow sounds better
(I wish he was just an empty chair as he has been THE most divisive President in history)

"a neocon crazy could be doing instead" = ALL conservatives are neocons(?) This statement is a product of the progressive regressive philosophy being foisted on the traditional liberal base... and you, like many, have swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

I'm not even sure how to process such a wildly careless blanket statement.

Obama was elected with the hope he would unite the country; yet he has been nothing short of a divider. He's playing golf/vacationing/bowing to foreign entities/making hugely bad deals/injecting himself into local issues and intentionally promoting racial tensions, and his policies are helping (if not directly to blame) set the world on fire.

This is what you get when you vote for an ideologue under the premise of "hope and change" without defining clearly WHAT the "hope and change" actually meant to him. He has certainly made huge changes once getting past the fallacy of "hope."

My answer to the topic:

To the progressive left, he hasn't been extreme enough.
To the extreme right, he has been the worst president in history.
To the moderates in both parties, he has failed them miserably.
To the minorities, he has made their situation worse because of his arrogance.
To himself, he has done exactly what he intended to do to a country he most probably despises. He has "changed" it for the worst, while implying "change" for the better.

I consider him a very successful con man.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-27-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 11:20 AM

659 posts, read 312,476 times
One good wild careless blanket statement well deserves a few more in return, as beautifully provided here...

"I'm not even sure how to process such a wildly careless blanket statement. Obama was elected with the hope he would unite the country; yet he has been nothing short of a divider. He's playing golf/vacationing/bowing to foreign entities/making hugely bad deals/injecting himself into local issues and intentionally promoting racial tensions, and his policies are helping (if not directly to blame) set the world on fire. This is what you get when you vote for an ideologue under the premise of "hope and change" without defining clearly WHAT the "hope and change" actually meant to him. He has certainly made huge changes once getting past the fallacy of "hope." "

Do two, three, four wrongs make a right?

Makes for more ridiculous from where I am sitting...

Old 08-27-2015, 11:23 AM

"intentionally promoting racial tensions"

Any good examples, please? ANY examples of what Obama has said or done to justify this sort of notion?

Quote verbatim -- please! No need for more of the wild rhetoric from where the Sun don't shine!

Old 08-27-2015, 11:28 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Its nice to see the RWNJ fighting the wrong battle again.

Pres. Obama has been a success. History will show that he was an agent of positive change.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:36 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
One good wild careless blanket statement well deserves a few more in return, as beautifully provided here...

"I'm not even sure how to process such a wildly careless blanket statement. Obama was elected with the hope he would unite the country; yet he has been nothing short of a divider. He's playing golf/vacationing/bowing to foreign entities/making hugely bad deals/injecting himself into local issues and intentionally promoting racial tensions, and his policies are helping (if not directly to blame) set the world on fire. This is what you get when you vote for an ideologue under the premise of "hope and change" without defining clearly WHAT the "hope and change" actually meant to him. He has certainly made huge changes once getting past the fallacy of "hope." "

Do two, three, four wrongs make a right?

Makes for more ridiculous from where I am sitting...
All you did was make a statement. You failed to point out where and why I'm wrong. My statements were not carelessly attacking millions of people.

Quote:
"intentionally promoting racial tensions"

Any good examples, please? ANY examples of what Obama has said or done to justify this sort of notion?

Quote verbatim -- please! No need for more of the wild rhetoric from where the Sun don't shine!

Again, you require responses to be free of rhetoric, while in the same breath you espouse nothing but rhetoric.

I think you forgot to turn on your critical thinking skills application.

Oops! There's your problem.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:05 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Success is not being assassinated?

I am not sure I should, but I have tried to make sense of these last comments, and I can't even really tell what the argument is...

Yes, Obama didn't get assassinated, of course that is a good thing, but a "resounding success?"

howest2008 yes because Caucasian that can't understand what I'm talking about hated POTUS with a re hot passion.

Also, yes, our economy has turned around for the better since the days it was tanking as GW handed things over to Obama.

howest2008...Caucasian that can't understand me and hate POTUS tend to think that the economy is worst under the current POTUS.

Of course, war is still going on, but needless to say we are suffering fewer American casualties than before we got out of Iraq.

howest2008...this war against terrorist is going to be ongoing until the end of time.....

Osama bin Laden is dead too, also good...

howest2008....I bet that you are grinding your teeth that it happened on Obama Watch...

Then there is all this about "secret" wars, as if the use of drones is any secret.

howest2008... The CIA and other governmental agencies , have always been involved in secret wars

People "dying in the streets?" More and more Kool Aid...

howest2008.... I'm that African American that hates Kool - Aid and Unlimited Sugar....

All this about white people is truly baffling.

howest2008... Yeah , you don't say especially when AA that don't agree with you are broad brushed and painted as being ANTI-THE WHOLE WHITE RACE.....lol

All this about greed even more so, and then the comment at the end about liberal talking points?

Anyone able to make sense of any of this? Or again, should anyone try?
I hope that you understood just a little bit more than before , you don't have to thank me it was my pleasure to give you a helping hand.......lol

Old 08-27-2015, 12:30 PM

The helping hand.

steven_h,

I am relatively new here, and maybe you are too, but with all due respect you make absolutely no sense to me, and your accusations are clearly unfounded. You will have to do much better, or all you really need do is review this thread beyond just your immediate comments, and you will see I have posted many facts while at the same time asking for less rhetoric. Of course many the more conservative here, go on with their silly one-liners to the contrary, but clearly this too is just their way.

Should anyone need prove whether rhetoric is factual or not? I've got that kind of time? I really don't think so, since even the "facts" that are presented here every great once in awhile take a fair amount of explaining to make better sense of them!

If YOU want to propose something as fact by way of rhetoric, it is YOU that needs to prove it is true, not me or anyone else! All I really care to do is point out that the rhetoric is for the most part nothing but rhetoric UNLESS PROVEN TRUE by those who spew it!

I have listened to Obama speak many times, and I have followed what he has done or not done more than I think most Americans do on average. I cannot think of ONE thing he has said or done that is "divisive" as so many conservatives are intent on suggesting. If I am wrong, how about just ONE example?

Just the suggestion that Obama is actually TRYING to instill racial tension smacks of some sort of racism, since it is almost as if to suggest discussing these problems is "trouble making" and/or somehow "divisive." That is absolute nonsense!

Obama doesn't even need to say anything to serve as perhaps the best representative for race relations, just by being black and holding the highest office in the land! Sure beats yet another white guy preaching race relations that can all too easily be accused of just lip service. Obama, on the other hand, is a fantastic example of the progress we have made, and he speaks quite well about the progress that still needs to be made.

Anyone who labels those efforts as "divisive" has got to be a little small headed in at least a few ways, no matter how cute a comment they can post to the contrary here.

Only fools are fooled by such ongoing foolishness...

Old 08-27-2015, 12:46 PM

rhet·o·ric

"the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques."

"language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content."

Ooh! Seems I may have to stop accusing people of using rhetoric, because they may think I am referring to the first definition above. Oh HELL no! The problem are those who engage in this as described by the second definition. Of course you most certainly know who you are!

Old 08-27-2015, 01:35 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
InformedConsent?

Again with the wider income and/or wealth gap in America?
Yes. If Obama is SO great, why did his policies only widen the gap?

Perhaps you haven't seen this:

http://geke.us/GSVenn.001.jpg

What's it going to take for you to wake up, smell the coffee, and realize that you too have been duped by Obama and the Dems?

The following admission by a Democrat voter is priceless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_5 View Post
The Democratic electoral coalition is very much "U-shaped" income curve - one end has the very poor, another end has wealthy professionals
That right there should tell you exactly how much the Democratic Party's platform and policies hurt the middle class.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:53 PM

"What's it going to take for you to wake up"

Sure is going to take more than just repeating ourselves! Is it that you have so little to discuss or is it a short memory or is it some sort of immediate auto-dismissal of any counter argument? I'm beginning to think all three!

Which are these policies that we want to blame on Obama for widening the gap? Specifics please?

How reasonable is it to point at the gap between the rich and poor in this country, especially while still recovering from one of the worst economic downturns we've ever known?

Again, the point is NOT that the gap remains or that it is growing wider! Capice? That problem has been pointed at since well before Obama and is likely to continue well after, NOT because of Obama, but because of a tax code and entrenched special interests that are NOT about to let any significant change happen under their watch. No man, no POTUS, not even Obama can change that widening gap on his/her own.

But enough about Obama already!

We've got the future POTUS to more seriously consider now, and Bernie Sanders also picking up the helm to address the widening gap. Donald Trump at the other extreme representing the 1% who benefit no matter who is in office.

"Wake up" you say! Hard to do when there are people putting us to sleep with endless repetition of nonsense that pins anything negative on Obama regardless how ridiculous the rational. Again, yes the gap has widened! Again, no need to keep repeating that fact! Again, yes, that is still a problem that needs to be better addressed.

Remember, I pointed out that this is NOT even a problem that should be addressed in the minds of many. Remember we went over all this? Remember any of that at all?

Remember the pleading for mercy???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies