Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Isn't it the time to rethink that conservative "liberals are anti-business" claim as it is
Yes. Liberal socio-economic policies work as evidenced by the richest us states 19 63.33%
No. Only conservative policies work and Alabama and Mississippi are an exception 9 30.00%
I don't know. Need to find out more about the issue. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:44 PM

32,817 posts, read 19,355,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Says random_thought, who completely avoided the point, on purpose..
that's all he does is avoid, deflect lie, and throw strawmen

he's been outed in every thread h

Old 09-16-2014, 02:53 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,076,838 times
Quote:
Is that why something like 1/3rd the nations welfare recipiants live in California?

Again, what is YOUR standard for failure of a state?
To be fair, California ranks really low in percentage of people on food stamps. And unlike red states, there's no concerted push to get people off state-funded welfare programs and onto federally funded disability programs.

Last edited by SyraBrian; 09-16-2014 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: tO

Old 09-16-2014, 02:55 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,966,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
***holes like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas or Louisiana or worse? LOL

And yet the liberal states are successful and pay for the conservative failures like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Florida and others... Interesting theory. LOL

We know very well who are the leeches on the neck of American people...

Top contributors to federal budget:

State Dollars (millions)
_________Revenue____Spending___Net
California___334,425___227,605___106,820
New York___231,880___135,858___96,022
Illinois_____137,068___60,945____76,123

Federal taxation and spending by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
States aren't people, the most "conservative" state still has millions of liberal voters and the same goes for the liberal mecca of CA which has millions of conservative voters. I have a really hard time believing anyone is this stupid.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Here is my Ohio home..

Cost me $132K.. In most of California or NY it would be millions of dollars..

You completely ignore the cost of living in places, and then pretend you are discussing reality, but truth is, you arent. I've got 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 9 garages, and 4 acres. I couldnt begin to touch a house like this in your "preferred" liberal areas..

Your definition is those people who live in high cost Democratic areas are rich because its expensive to live there.. your definition is histerical.. my master bedroom is larger than many of those folks whole apartment.

I also have a home in PA, one in IL and another one in FL, and my income is far lower than someone who lives in NYC and is stuck renting cause they cant afford to live there.

In fact I havent paid federal income taxes in 13 YEARS.. But you call me poor.. cause I dont live in a "democratic" area nor pay taxes.. hahahaha
Ironically, a lot of your fellow conservatives would prefer that you not vote because you have no "skin in the game".

Old 09-16-2014, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,839,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Ironically, a lot of your fellow conservatives would prefer that you not vote because you have no "skin in the game".
No, conservatives dont like people voting other people tax increases that dont pay into the system.

I'm all for widening the tax base, and yes this would include myself as well.

EVERYONE should pay taxes. Its liberals who disagree with this ideology, not conservatives

Old 09-16-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No, conservatives dont like people voting other people tax increases that dont pay into the system.

I'm all for widening the tax base, and yes this would include myself as well.

EVERYONE should pay taxes. Its liberals who disagree with this ideology, not conservatives
Then don't deduct so much and pay some taxes.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:07 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,795 times
Quote:
Is that why something like 1/3rd the nations welfare recipiants live in California?
Califronia is by far the most populous US state, isn't it? Thats explains the number.

Quote:
Again, what is YOUR standard for failure of a state?
High percentage of residents below poverty line and low levels of educational attainment.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 823,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
States aren't people, the most "conservative" state still has millions of liberal voters and the same goes for the liberal mecca of CA which has millions of conservative voters. I have a really hard time believing anyone is this stupid.
Me. too. C'mon. The most affluent US states are liberal while the most impoverished are conservative yet conservatives want to give economic advice to everybody...

Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
Then don't deduct so much and pay some taxes.
No.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Califronia is by far the most populous US state, isn't it? Thats explains the number.
Actually no it doesnt, because they PERCENTAGE of the residents is higher, not just the numbers.

California is one of 11 states that actually has more people on welfare than they do that work

Quote:
High percentage of residents below poverty line and low levels of educational attainment.
Wouldnt more people on welfare than working equate to poverty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies