Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,387,903 times

Advertisements

Please state what you would do if you were the president of the USA so we can compare our answers to our presidents strategy this evening.

Thank you.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,936,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Please state what you would do if you were the president of the USA so we can compare our answers to our presidents strategy this evening.

Thank you.
The question is: Do you intend that we can travel backwards in time and correct the heinous mistakes of the recent past, or do you wish us to simply speculate on what we'd want to do at this point?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,387,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The question is: Do you intend that we can travel backwards in time and correct the heinous mistakes of the recent past, or do you wish us to simply speculate on what we'd want to do at this point?
I'm no expert but i'm pretty sure time travel is impossible so yes speculate on what we'd want to do at this point.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:14 PM

22,230 posts, read 17,782,849 times
Quote:

Thank you.
I would say he should follow the established techniques being used against Al Qaeda. That is working fairly well and involves a wide coalition of other Nations, including Muslim Nations, working in common aim. Is is perfect? Will it be done in time for meet the next TV news deadline? No. So there will be a bit of criticism, but that will be just the Hot Air group venting in efforts to gather up some political sheep.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:26 PM

11,900 posts, read 6,476,849 times
My strategy would be FIRST to protect the American people here by securing our border with Mexico by sending the military there, and create thousands of new border patrol jobs, build impenetrable fences where applicable as Israel has done with great success. And send the illegals back where they came from -- stop the magnets that lure them here. They already suspect there are two ISIS cells in Mexico.

I would demand that we start SERIOUSLY profiling for terrorists in this country. Monitor all mosques and madrasa type muslim schools. If they aren't teaching radical Islam then they have nothing to worry about by being monitored -- it's not Buddhists or Christians that are terrorizing the world.

Don't allow anymore muslim immigrants into the country.

Punish the countries that are funding ISIS such as Qatar.

Demand that the countries who are most affected by this step up and pay us to bomb the sh*t out of ISIS.

No American boots on the ground - let the ME countries step up and lose THEIR soldiers fighting ISIS -- Americans are fed up with losing our brave men and women to countries and cultures that hate us.

Stop placating, apologizing, and minimizing the hatefulness and intolerance in much of muslim culture toward women, gays, or other religions.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,122,208 times
Quote:

Thank you.
Kill all terrorists with all means at my disposal.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:31 PM

20,222 posts, read 19,780,728 times
Secure the borders and be very selective about who we allow in, use every profiling means available and establish strong intelligence bonds with Europe and Israel.

After that, destroy every ISIS member we find. Domestic and, if convenient, overseas.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:40 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
My strategy would be FIRST to protect the American people here by securing our border with Mexico by sending the military there, and create thousands of new border patrol jobs, build impenetrable fences where applicable as Israel has done with great success. And send the illegals back where they came from -- stop the magnets that lure them here. They already suspect there are two ISIS cells in Mexico.

I would demand that we start SERIOUSLY profiling for terrorists in this country. Monitor all mosques and madrasa type muslim schools. If they aren't teaching radical Islam then they have nothing to worry about by being monitored -- it's not Buddhists or Christians that are terrorizing the world.
these are two good first steps. and one way to get more border patrol agents on the border PDQ, is to authorize the national guard to make arrests. that way the states can put a lot of agents on the border in a couple of days, and lock down the border to a few choke points.

as to what to do in the middle east, i would send in black ops units, like black water and others, to aid the locals, along with intelligence assets from the CIA and other alphabet agencies, and let them operate like they were intended when they were created. these assets then would be ghosts, or rogue agents that have been disavowed by the government if they are caught or killed.

we can then support the locals with air strikes as needed so that the military isnt in the country, and we minimize US boots on the ground to people that have signed up to do just these types of missions.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:44 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,962,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Secure the borders and be very selective about who we allow in, use every profiling means available and establish strong intelligence bonds with Europe and Israel.

After that, destroy every ISIS member we find. Domestic and, if convenient, overseas.

Well now, this would make entirely too much sense, is clearly capable of being done and should be done.

It is one thing that we are guaranteed not to do.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:48 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,536,995 times
Beheading all of them is a good start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies