Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 10:00 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,539,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
This takes control-freakism to a new level. "The news isn't covering what I want it to. Waaa...give me a hankie..."
I can understand it, if there's a major story to cover. The attacks of Sept 11th, 2001, for example, fundamentally changed both domestic and foreign policy of a major world power drastically, as well as killing thousands, and rearranging the skyline of our largest city, recorded on film. I don't expect 24-hour news to just shrug that off in the US - it's actually important, and fairly recent, even if it's not technically *new*. I can also understand it, if they're getting the story hugely wrong, as occurred during the Ferguson protests.

The attacks in Benghazi killed 4 Americans, including one ambassador, and that *is* sad, but nowhere as big as the 9/11 attacks*. But the footage is basically one dude in front of a fire pointing to his right with an assault rifle in his left hand. And any solemnity that it would have had was ruined when the entire right wing exploded in a series of investigations based on Alex Jones-style conspiracy theories, all of which were repeatedly disproven. At this point, the idiotic claims have far outshadowed the reality of what happened, so why bother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 10:26 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,809,417 times
Can't we just put all that behind us, and just move forward?

(Said with the most vile of sarcasm)

Old 09-11-2014, 10:29 PM

13,279 posts, read 7,809,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Can't we just put all that behind us, and just move forward?

(Said with the most vile of sarcasm)
Can't you just "shake it off"?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,440,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And none of those other attacks aren't important to you? Why don't you care about Americans being killed?
I just told the guy I responded to not to play stupid and then you reply to me and play stupid. Good job there, urbanlife.

Nobody buys the crap you two are trying to shovel by completely ignoring the scandal part of Benghazi and trying to compare it to attacks that have completely and totally different contexts.

Sorry. His deflection failed, and you attempting to use the exact same deflection again also fails. Give it up. It's weak and transparent and it doesn't work.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:36 PM

26,829 posts, read 15,053,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
No, it wasn't. In fact, it was never a scandal at all, and it was not a major attack or more importantly have any exciting footage to show.

Also, there's this *other* attack that occurred on September 11th...

You mean they don't have "the video that was responsible for the protest that turned into the spontaneous attack"?

I know that was the cause because the President told me so and his Secretary of State affirmed it.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 PM

31,847 posts, read 14,831,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It has nothing to do with obama. I'm sorry but this should all be about the twin towers, the pentagon and those amazingly brave people on that plane who basically committed suicide to protect all of us. They are heros. Someone is always trying to attack our embassies abroad but this is our land that they attacked. Almost 3000 people were killed and here you are complaining that there was very few news about the benghazi attack.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,556,773 times
Nobody cares about Benghazi except the terrorists and hard up republicans here.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,464,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Thanks for the Up-date -- I don't watch much TV, too busy reading.
So ..... they just Cherry Pick which 9/11 Attacks and Deaths are "News Worthy" and Ambassador Stevens, Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith and former US Navy Seals Glen Doherty & Tyrone Woods - just didn't make the MSNBC "cut" as being important.

WhoDaThunkit .... what a Classy bunch
It's being replayed on MSNBC at 11 PM ET.

I wonder which of the following most people associate with 9/11:

A multi- pronged terrorist attack on US soil, killing 3000 people vs an attack on a US " diplomatic mission" in a place most people could not locate on a map, that served unknown purposes , that killed 4 people.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:50 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,539,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You mean they don't have "the video that was responsible for the protest that turned into the spontaneous attack"?

I know that was the cause because the President told me so and his Secretary of State affirmed it.
As did the CIA, as we've long since learned - except for the part where anyone claimed a video was "responsible" for any protest or attack, which never happened.

You should read up on these things.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:53 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,003,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I just told the guy I responded to not to play stupid and then you reply to me and play stupid. Good job there, urbanlife.

Nobody buys the crap you two are trying to shovel by completely ignoring the scandal part of Benghazi and trying to compare it to attacks that have completely and totally different contexts.

Sorry. His deflection failed, and you attempting to use the exact same deflection again also fails. Give it up. It's weak and transparent and it doesn't work.
Ah, so you care more about Benghazi than 9/11 and every other Embassy attack. Way to be a right winger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies