Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,858,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Three office buildings is trivial compared to what the United States does to other countries on a regular basis. Try to have a little perspective. It's not like you were invaded under false pretenses and had invaders drag you from your homes and send you to prisons to be tortured or anything.
You should be silent, go outside and play hockey. Leave the thinking and talking to the adults.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
No one believes the official story.

Those who say they do, are lying.

Did you miss the looney toon bus this morning?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:52 AM

13,279 posts, read 7,812,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Did you miss the looney toon bus this morning?
Ooh, a little defensive, are we?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:04 PM

68,281 posts, read 54,060,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The terrorists, the people who follow the Muslim religion and hate America, are Islamic. Why are you and your liberal, politically correct, comrades including our clueless president continuing to parse words?
1) One thing anyone who knows me has never accused me of being is politically correct so Thanks for demonstrating your willingness to comment on things you know absolutely NOTHING about.

2) Why are you apparently incapable of understanding the difference between those who practice a religion and extremists who practice terrorism in the name of the religion a religion they've perverted beyond recognition? Are you really silly enough to believe that if all 1.6 billion Muslims in the world were hell bent on destroying America that there wouldn't be far more terrorism than there is?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,862,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) One thing anyone who knows me has never accused me of being is politically correct so Thanks for demonstrating your willingness to comment on things you know absolutely NOTHING about.

2) Why are you apparently incapable of understanding the difference between those who practice a religion and extremists who practice terrorism in the name of the religion a religion they've perverted beyond recognition? Are you really silly enough to believe that if all 1.6 billion Muslims in the world were hell bent on destroying America that there wouldn't be far more terrorism than there is?
Correct, but they reserve the right to utter complete nonsense whenever the mood strikes.

There is now way to explain the unexplainable, sometimes people just are what they are. Off they believe we at war with Islam, they just figure the Muslim tactic to attack us in small groups to assure that they cannot win. Hey, I don't make up their logic but they have proven many times that that is exactly what they think. Strange isn't it.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:19 PM

155 posts, read 346,838 times
We actually have a local op-ed piece on a community website, posted by the editor, who seems to think Obama is a war monger due to his speech on 9/10/14. It's 9/11, we're in a struggle with ISIL and this person instead of posting a memorial to the dead of 9/11 and support for our efforts to reign in terrorism posts this:
Obama’s Poisonous ISIS Moment and
The Snare of Remote-Controlled War

FlaglerLive | September 10, 2014

Obama's Poisonous ISIS Moment and The Snare of Remote-Controlled War | Pierre Tristam | FlaglerLive

Old 09-11-2014, 12:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomman View Post
On the anniversary of that horrific attack, whatever your beliefs about it are, let us reflect on the 13 years in between, and how America blew all of the sympathy it once had, with its policy of endless wars, dismantling civil liberties, increasing fear and mistrust throughout the world, and creating dollars and handing them to criminal banksters.

Heckuva job! But just keep your heads down and punching those alarm clocks, everything is sure to turn out alright in the end, just like we were reassured as children.

Any fool who believes that the USA brought 9/11 on itself.

Or,

Believes it was an inside job.

Or,

Thinks there were explosives that destroyed the towers.

Or,

That we "blew the sympathy" we once had because of endless wars, forgets one simple glaring fact.

We don't need ANYONE'S EFFING SYMPATHY.

Foreigners who were Middle Eastern MUSLIMS took advantage of our educational and governmental system to acquire student visas, to attend OUR flight schools, learned how to fly (only to fly and guide) jets into the World Trade Center. Their visas never should have been granted.

As the result, we have been involved with keeping that Schitt out of our country so we're not attacked again.

I couldn't give less than a flying fudge what you or anybody else thinks of the USA.

If you're so effing high and mighty and have all the answers 13 years later. Why don't you share that wisdom with someone who actually can do something to change our situation.

And because I think you forgot what actually happened on September 11th, it was more than the towers, it was the pentagon and involved a crash site in a field in Pennsylvania, why don't you listen to a news report that aired what happened live on that date.

Handel 9-11 Coverage 6a (Audio)

Old 09-11-2014, 12:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,273,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
You should be silent, go outside and play hockey. Leave the thinking and talking to the adults.
I should? Why? You sad?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:38 PM

34,850 posts, read 30,936,012 times
Default Have folks forgotten about 9/11?

I know it's been thirteen years and the <20 somethings don't even remember it, but I'm totally disturbed by the lack of flags at half mast, lack of a mention on the local radio news, no one even talking about it at the office, etc. It seems that we have forgotten all the lives lost and that the war against Islamic terror is still ongoing.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,367,290 times
Not I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies