Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 03:45 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I admire him too. So-called Christians who do not stand up for Israel and are anti-Semitic are not Christians at all. They are frauds. Do they not realize that Christ was a Jew, and the apostles were Jews? It was the Jews who took the gospel to the Gentiles.
They are God's chosen people and that will never change. Gentiles are adopted into God's family, every much a beloved son or daughter as natural born, but grafted onto the true tree.

Again from God's Word: "He who blesses Israel will be blessed, and he who curses Israel will be cursed".

Our former Presidents understood this and took it seriously.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
About as much as you're doing.

They didn't say they hated Jews.

There's a difference between the words "Jews" and "Israel."

They never said that they hated Jews.

They just don't support Israel. Is that a crime?

Or about as tolerant as American Christians.
In America, we Christians expect our government, our military, to fight an enemy such as ISIS. It is not our personal responsibility. As a Christian, I would wish that our President would do more to fight this threat to World peace and security (which is also a threat to our security). But we cannot form our own armies to fight ISIS. So, your comment above is nonsensical, it is sophomoric, and frankly, stupid.

Israelis are Jewish, are they not? So, why is hatred of Israel not equal to hatred of Jews?

If they do not hate the Jews, but will not stand up for Israel, isn't that problematic?

Old 09-12-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
They are God's chosen people and that will never change. Gentiles are adopted into God's family, every much a beloved son or daughter as natural born, but grafted onto the true tree.

Again from God's Word: "He who blesses Israel will be blessed, and he who curses Israel will be cursed".

Our former Presidents understood this and took it seriously.
Exactly right! I was going to look up the exact scripture, but you have stated it just right.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
LOL Some of you liberals.....I dont even know what to say with the nonsense you type here some times. Completely lacking of common sense and actual thinking.

That tells you all you need to know about that crowd of "Christians". But please continue your stupidity and lacking of comprehension liberals. And I am with Cruz. You don't stand with Israel or the Jews, then you're on your own.
Here, here!

Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I stand with the United States of America, you obviously stand elsewhere maybe you should move there so you can do so properly. Clue: to put our Nation above others does not equate to being against another, that is the propaganda spit out by some extremists and most Christians know you and your ilk have no idea what the Bible verse actually means.
Which Bible verse are you referring to? I didn't notice one mentioned in the post you responded to.

As a Christian, I am a "Jew by adoption." I will stand with Israel and the Jews. But I am also an American, and stand with America. America, however should not abandon the Jews (as Obama seems to have done).

You have claimed to be Christian. Do you know what that means? Do you understand why we are "Jews by adoption?" Perhaps you need to read your Bible. I think you (and your ilk) are the ones who are clueless.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Christians are anti-Israel scum???
Anyone who is anti-Semitic is "scum." If they booed Ted Cruz for admonishing them to stand up for Israel, I question if their professed faith is genuine. If they hate God's people, they also must hate Christ. What they do to the Jews, they do to Christ.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
People who call themselves Christians but will boo someone who stands up for Israel and the Jews are indeed scum, and in fact, far from Christian-like. I can call myself a Monk, but if I also approve of murder and what not....well, Im not much of a Monk am I?
Exactly right. This is a difficult concept for people who don't understand Christianity.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
So americans are suppose to kiss the asses of ISRAEL?
Would you explain what you mean by that? Why would standing with Israel equate to "kissing ass?"

Would you make the claim that our allies, standing with us, are "kissing our ass?"

What a stupid statement.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Yep... because Fox News and Bill Maher tells us we should.

I watched Bill Maher bash a guy because he said "America first"
I figured it was just a matter of time before some Lefty Liberal dolt inserted Fox News into the topic.

What, exactly, does Fox News have to do with this?

Old 09-12-2014, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Most likely they have never read the Bible and depend on their ministers for what the Bible says. Ministers there and here often have their own political agendas that are not any part of God's teachings.
Very true. And when that happens, the Lefties will equate all Christians with the aberrant behavior, teachings, or activities of those splinter groups. They love the opportunity to point their fingers and say, "See? See?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies