Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Its free speech..nothing I can do about it now can I? Not a surprise someone like you picks the DUMBEST example possible.
Hey, at least I am not too chicken**** to quote the person I am trying to address.

Actually, even in the US, you can stop people from saying that. You seem to be consistent for freedom of all speech, while bring ignorant of slander laws...as well as being outraged that other countries do not adopt your standard of free speech and not allowed to govern themselves. Your focus of outrage is putting someone in prison that wishes another holocaust.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:14 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,357,112 times
Quote:
Regina man gets jail for racist messages - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Wow..Guess if I gotta leave I will just haul butt to Russia through Alaska! Canada has gone the way of Europe...free speech? NO!
Might I just remind y'all of this little tid-bit ..... in Texas no less:

Texas Teen Facing Eight Years After Violent League of Legends Threat - Forbes

Old 09-11-2014, 02:15 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,723,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So you believe that the gal that went around trying to find someone to kill her husband and then paid an undercover cop 10k to do it, including giving him a time and unlocking the back door.....shouldn't be charged with solicitation of murder?
What does someone concocting a conspiracy to commit murder and taking ACTION to make it happen have to do with some idiot spouting stupid beliefs? Anyway, I already conceded, you are free to be afraid of free speech. I think that there are much more harmful, evil, and destructive forces than free speech, like that the State can initiate force against the individual.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:16 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,863,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
*Example* How about someone starts spreading reports you like the diddle little kiddies and should die?*Example*

Should this person be allowed to do so? It's their free speech. What's the harm?
There would be little to nothing law enforcement could do about that.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 PM

77,702 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Okay, I PERSONALLY don't need the Godvernment initiating force on my behalf against other's speech. I am not afraid of speech. You are free to fear whatever you'd like.
Can't carry on a rational discussion so you just loudly state your personal beliefs and then essentially call me a chicken?

BWAH HA HAH HAHA HAHHA.....thanks for the flash back to junior high.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:24 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,324,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There would be little to nothing law enforcement could do about that.
They could be sued for slander if it's false.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:25 PM

430 posts, read 377,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Hey, at least I am not too chicken**** to quote the person I am trying to address.

Actually, even in the US, you can stop people from saying that. You seem to be consistent for freedom of all speech, while bring ignorant of slander laws...as well as being outraged that other countries do not adopt your standard of free speech and not allowed to govern themselves. Your focus of outrage is putting someone in prison that wishes another holocaust.
I replied right below you. Figured I didn't need to do so. Slander laws are fine but that's a VERY FINE line...I would like to see what the person in the report actually said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Might I just remind y'all of this little tid-bit ..... in Texas no less:

Texas Teen Facing Eight Years After Violent League of Legends Threat - Forbes
What an idiot....He should be punished but not 8 years.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:25 PM

77,702 posts, read 59,844,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
What does someone concocting a conspiracy to commit murder and taking ACTION to make it happen have to do with some idiot spouting stupid beliefs? Anyway, I already conceded, you are free to be afraid of free speech. I think that there are much more harmful, evil, and destructive forces than free speech, like that the State can initiate force against the individual.
No action had been taken yet. That was your whole point. She was just talking about killing her husband. Why are you so fearful of her free speech.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,357,112 times
Quote:
Regina man gets jail for racist messages - Saskatchewan - CBC News

Wow..Guess if I gotta leave I will just haul butt to Russia through Alaska! Canada has gone the way of Europe...free speech? NO!
Want another one before you leave for Russia?

Cross Burning as Hate Speech Under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution | Huhn | Amsterdam Law Forum

We don't do it often but burning a cross hasn't been criminalized up here yet.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:28 PM

9,030 posts, read 10,414,317 times
Quote:
What makes you think there's free speech in Russia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies