Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Obama condemned violent extremism, and so did some muslims, therefore Obama is muslim. Gee, how can anyone argue with that ironclad logic?

As per Republican logic 101 here on city data, if you don't think every single Muslim is evil, you are Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 05:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
I suppose he could he could buy a title like Rev. or Pastor to put before his name and then as long as he isn't feeding the lions Christians there would be a measure of tranquility.

If he kissed the Pope's butt that would make some happy.

Will anyone who hates him, hate him less, for having done whatever Christian act they feel satisfying ? I won't !!! Nor will I like him more.

Anyone who has to prove they are Christian is one of little faith.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
I don't care anything at all about Obama's Religion or lack of.

I do have some concerns that he appears to take orders from CAIR according to this interview.
CAIR has been somewhat problematic for years, but they swing a lot of weight in some circles.

A lot of people have been wondering about Obama's "ISIL is not Islamic" sentence in his address.

Now we know why he said it. CAIR plainly says they gave his an order about what he could say.
That is a problem.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:11 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
As per Republican logic 101 here on city data, if you don't think every single Muslim is evil, you are Muslim.
Nice try... well not really. No one said that.

I am saying Obama is disingenuous.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:15 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
While I don't care what religion he is, I do care if he claims to be one thing while actually being another. I do know that in Islam, unlike Christianity, lying is considered appropriate and is actually promoted if it furthers the Muslim religion.

I also know, for sure, that Obama is a fantastic speaker and a master liar.

There's no question that Obama is a master liar.

And the sperm donor that fathered thie pestilence known as Barack Obama was quite the liar himself. In fact, it seems that the entire Obama family tree has been bitten by the lying bug, what with his crazy illegal alien relatives living here via a lie as well as his brother Abo "Dabo Doo" Obama being banned from the UK about lying about a sexual assault.

I think Barack Obama's DNA is so irretrievably damaged that even he doesn't know what -- or who -- he is anymore.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:17 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama said this in his speech this week.

Now let's make two things clear: ISIL is not "Islamic." No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of ISIL's victims have been Muslim.

Apparently he is taking orders from CAIR - OR - his thinking parallels their thinking.

CAIR Wants Obama to Distinguish Islamic State From Islam

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) wants President Obama in his speech on ISIS Wednesday night to reject the jihadists’ “misappro-priation of Islamic terms and concepts,” and to recognize that the terrorist group was created by “the lack of freedom and justice in the region.”

History...

Just curious... Obama is supposed to be a Christian. When is the last time he did anything distinctly Christian? Not just talking Christmas and Easter...

Can we just claim he is one of their faith? Call it fact and deal with it appropriately. I guarantee more of his actions would make absolute sense.
Seems to me just talking Christmas and Easter is very typical for many Christians.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:30 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

I do have some concerns that he appears to take orders from CAIR according to this interview.
CAIR has been somewhat problematic for years, but they swing a lot of weight in some circles.

A lot of people have been wondering about Obama's "ISIL is not Islamic" sentence in his address.

Now we know why he said it. CAIR plainly says they gave his an order about what he could say.
That is a problem.
And that is the real issue !!!! I agree.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:19 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,555,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Obama condemned violent extremism, and so did some muslims, therefore Obama is muslim. Gee, how can anyone argue with that ironclad logic?
Pretty hilscarious isn't it? These people vote too.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

That is a problem.
Tapping my nose!!! That is how Obama uses subtleties to appear as something he is not. He is a weak and feckless leader.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:27 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nice try... well not really. No one said that.

I am saying Obama is disingenuous.
It is what you basically implied. Obama made a point to separate Muslims in General to the extremists in ISIS (which is something even the biggest warhawks such as McCain have done FWIW) and you called him a Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies