Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2014, 02:38 PM

45,368 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think local police and state police are militarized. I find the amount of resources being utilized to capture one man to be overkill.

People were unable to return to their homes for nearly two days when the state police decided to shut down the entire area to find this man.

I hadn't heard of the 4 year old.

I don't like seeing local and state cops looking like they are in a war when they are looking for a suspect.

How long will this go on? How long will they continue at this pace if Frein isn't found for days or months? Schools have been closed, football games cancelled, people unable to return to their homes. I never saw this level of action even when there was an active serial killer running around.

All of this is because it is a cop. If this were a civilian I'd bet dollars to donuts the response wouldn't have been like this.
You know we/you/I don't know what they found on the guy's computer or what his parents told the police. It may be that he mentioned or wrote about taking hostages or shooting up a school or game to make a grand statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 06:11 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
LE should put as much effort into other murders as they have into this one.
I think it's justified because someone like this is capable of anything. If this guy did any serious planning before the shooting this could end up being a long drawn out situation with other people dying before it's over.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You know we/you/I don't know what they found on the guy's computer or what his parents told the police. It may be that he mentioned or wrote about taking hostages or shooting up a school or game to make a grand statement.

Perhaps I am overly suspicious. But we've seen cases like this before and this level of caution was not instituted. JMO

Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I think it's justified because someone like this is capable of anything. If this guy did any serious planning before the shooting this could end up being a long drawn out situation with other people dying before it's over.
Anyone who murders someone in cold blood is capable of anything.

It could be a drawn out process but other crimes have resulted in drawn out resolutions and we've not seen this type of response before.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,891,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

You bring up a good point. How would that effect the accurateness of a projectile ?
Depends on the gun. It's accurate as need be in close quarters. If a handgun it is now a belly gun.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
One dead, searching for shooter

Have they found him yet?

Old 09-21-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Depends on the gun. It's accurate as need be in close quarters. If a handgun it is now a belly gun.

It is not going to change the trajectory all that much.

If it is a chromed barrel, it will do very little to it.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Anyone who murders someone in cold blood is capable of anything.

It could be a drawn out process but other crimes have resulted in drawn out resolutions and we've not seen this type of response before.

Pretty sure, it is not the people of the community, that he finds as the enemy.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Hopefully the killer will be quickly found, identified, surrounded, panic and get gunned down and riddled with bullets by law enforcement. The likelihood that this nut will be taken alive or seriously undamaged is slim to none.
Why of course! Because we all know that the badged gangsters have no problem with murdering people themselves! The real cowards here are the law enforcement cowards!

Heroic Assassin Strikes Back Against Cowardly Police, Tyranny, Oppression, Torture and Murder | Police State

Old 09-22-2014, 08:11 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
They( LE) do seem to be acting odd over this. I said before they probably walked right past the guys dead body( suicide). I can remember a recent case where a person went missing and an area was searched and the body turned up there weeks later.
Maybe they found him and he's on ice in a morgue and they're using this as a chance to run a drill and to practice search and seizure. They'll then say they had him hold up and THEN he killed himself. That would be risky, because if they were caught they'd have to resign in disgrace, face possible jail time and lose all pensions not to mention be sued for the costs of the search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies