Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2014, 10:46 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What seems perfectly clear to me and easy to understand is some war-game playing yahoo that murders someone in cold blood while hiding in the bushes like the chickens**t he is deserves a noose around his neck, that's the way I interpret the law.

It escapes me where your comment makes any effort towards interpretation of any law or the Constitution. If we take exception to the tactics and method employed by a sniper then we have a different discussion.

On that I put forth the argument that it's not reasonable to make disparaging remarks about the, skill set, quality, character, method, or actions of a sniper. When the military and LE are the ones that seek out, train, equip, and become the biggest supporters, of snipers, at a great deal of expense. Among the militarization of local and state LE is the free equipment they take possession of themselves to preform under the classification of sniper. Those in LE so trained may begin to question their own character and become unraveled mentally in the process when they see themselves as cowards.

The State police would be better advised, when referring to him as a coward, not to use examples of his actions that they overwhelming support and train for. It confuses the issue and makes one question their support for cowards when they use the same effective method.

Murder is a cowardly act. That is a statement that could be supported by argument.

Hanging as a method of punishment could also be argued and has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 06:17 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LE should put as much effort into other murders as they have into this one.
I agree, but they won't. They value their lives much more than the life of a mere citizen. Hell, they think of their dogs as more worthy than a mere American citizen, but they have no problems killing your dog, even if it's no threat.

Cops are quick to call this guy a coward, but when a dozen of them beat down some unarmed old lady they can't see the cowardice in that. When they bust in someone's home at 3 o'clock in the morning and murder people, they can't see the cowardice in that.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:10 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
I agree, but they won't. They value their lives much more than the life of a mere citizen. Hell, they think of their dogs as more worthy than a mere American citizen, but they have no problems killing your dog, even if it's no threat.

Cops are quick to call this guy a coward, but when a dozen of them beat down some unarmed old lady they can't see the cowardice in that. When they bust in someone's home at 3 o'clock in the morning and murder people, they can't see the cowardice in that.
Well said.

The amount of resources being spent on this case - by the media and LE - is eye opening.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Per CNN they believe they have had an exchange of gunfire so, it probably won't be too long now.

They haven't caught him yet?

Old 09-20-2014, 09:17 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Hopefully the killer will be quickly found, identified, surrounded, panic and get gunned down and riddled with bullets by law enforcement. The likelihood that this nut will be taken alive or seriously undamaged is slim to none.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:01 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
I still think he killed himself and they walked right past the body. Or maybe they know where it is and want to put on a show. I don't blame them for being pissed off but I draw the line on having them enter into houses and ordering people out unless they are absolutely sure he was seen in the immediate area.
Maybe somebody will catch him and turn him over like with the Boston bomber.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 AM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I still think he killed himself and they walked right past the body. Or maybe they know where it is and want to put on a show. I don't blame them for being pissed off but I draw the line on having them enter into houses and ordering people out unless they are absolutely sure he was seen in the immediate area.
Maybe somebody will catch him and turn him over like with the Boston bomber.
They're ordering people out and into shelters to lessen the chance of his taking hostages and turning a really bad situation into something cataclysmic.

The problem is that they don't know where he is. You know that area, he could be anywhere and traveling trails or logging roads where no one would see him.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:21 PM

https://twitter.com/ATFHQ

Look at the first photo on the feed. Do you remember the last time this happened for a civilian murder? More importantly, I think this looks more like a war photo rather than one of state police looking for a suspect.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:27 PM

45,319 posts, read 60,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
https://twitter.com/ATFHQ

Look at the first photo on the feed. Do you remember the last time this happened for a civilian murder? More importantly, I think this looks more like a war photo rather than one of state police looking for a suspect.
That guy out in CA a couple years ago. Of course he killed a cop's daughter.

A few months ago down here when a 4 year old was collateral damage in a drive by. They still haven't caught the guy, he's probably hiding in DC somewhere.

I'm trying to figure out the outrage here. If they weren't looking for him after shooting a civilian from ambush you'd hear some of the same complaining. I also have the feeling there would be complaints about it if there was a search going on after a civilian shooting.

A note about the body armor-that's smart, he's already killed one and wounded one, I wouldn't want to go after him wearing the duty uniform and neither would you.

Old 09-21-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
That guy out in CA a couple years ago. Of course he killed a cop's daughter.

A few months ago down here when a 4 year old was collateral damage in a drive by. They still haven't caught the guy, he's probably hiding in DC somewhere.

I'm trying to figure out the outrage here. If they weren't looking for him after shooting a civilian from ambush you'd hear some of the same complaining. I also have the feeling there would be complaints about it if there was a search going on after a civilian shooting.

A note about the body armor-that's smart, he's already killed one and wounded one, I wouldn't want to go after him wearing the duty uniform and neither would you.

I think local police and state police are militarized. I find the amount of resources being utilized to capture one man to be overkill.

People were unable to return to their homes for nearly two days when the state police decided to shut down the entire area to find this man.

I hadn't heard of the 4 year old.

I don't like seeing local and state cops looking like they are in a war when they are looking for a suspect.

How long will this go on? How long will they continue at this pace if Frein isn't found for days or months? Schools have been closed, football games cancelled, people unable to return to their homes. I never saw this level of action even when there was an active serial killer running around.

All of this is because it is a cop. If this were a civilian I'd bet dollars to donuts the response wouldn't have been like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies