Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 07:31 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they did. However, the re-criminalization was challenged in the courts some 15 years later, and now they are in a situation where they find it difficult to get rid of it. As a result, marijuana use in Alaska is highest in the nation. Not surprisingly, marijuana use in Colorado is third highest in the nation, and I expect it to rise when the numbers come in in a few years.

So, Alaska is a warning example in two ways:

1. Once you pass such law, it is legally very difficult to undo it
2. Drug use skyrocketed as a result of decriminalization

weed has become the most used safest drug in the world even with strict laws against it.. prohibition creates more users..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
weed has become the most used safest drug in the world even with strict laws against it.. prohibition creates more users..
You cannot legislate away any part of the "free market". Law can transfer demand into the black market though.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
and this is coming from someone who was initially pro legalization, but was unaware of what was going on in washington.

my mom was there a few weeks ago(sister getting married) and she told me they advertise it constantly on television.

she said my cousins would sit inside the bathroom all day and smoke pot, and that even at the wedding there was an area for them to smoke.

she even took a hit herself(i think the first time in her life) and didn't like it, made her feel sick.

i think in the end this is going to come back and bite us.
Be careful there: many people are gonna accuse you of being a racist right winger here.

Tho after reading about the much larger numbers of DUI's in Colorado where pot's legal under that state's laws, I'm afraid you're 100 percent right.

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
one can still grow 6 plants..
Exactly. Possession is still legal in Alaska.

Quote:
Keep dancing the deflection dance.

where's the proof???

weed the safest natural DRUG has been gaining popularity world wide even with strict laws against it..

ohh and by the way could you tell me why the prohibition of alcohol did not work?? still waiting for answer..

Old 09-16-2014, 07:37 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:

I agree. That's why the FDR initiated war on drugs in the 1930s is so insidious. Those 80 year old laws have ruined hundreds of thousands of lives and they were driven by racism.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Haha, because you can't legislate what people want, they will still want it whether or not it is a crime. All you can do with silly laws against human desire is make it illegal to be human...

Old 09-16-2014, 07:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Yes, they did. However, the re-criminalization was challenged in the courts some 15 years later, and now they are in a situation where they find it difficult to get rid of it. As a result, marijuana use in Alaska is highest in the nation. Not surprisingly, marijuana use in Colorado is third highest in the nation, and I expect it to rise when the numbers come in in a few years.

2. Drug use skyrocketed as a result of decriminalization

The fact that prohibition of cannabis is unConstitutional in the first place, should make it a no-brainer and easy to repeal. Where is the ammendment in the Constitution for prohibition? Oh wait! There isn't one!

Old 09-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Be careful there: many people are gonna accuse you of being a racist right winger here.

Tho after reading about the much larger numbers of DUI's in Colorado where pot's legal under that state's laws, I'm afraid you're 100 percent right.

if alcohol residue stayed in ones system for 6 weeks half the country would be charged with dui..

thc stays in ones system for up to 6 weeks , so if I smoke a bone today and get pulled over in two weeks that same bone will show up in my system. doesn't mean that the person is high..

the big factor is did car fatalities, accidents go up?? most studies suggest that they have gone down in places with medical marijuana laws..

Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The fact that prohibition of cannabis is unConstitutional in the first place, should make it a no-brainer and easy to repeal. Where is the ammendment in the Constitution for prohibition? Oh wait! There isn't one!
Where is the amendment for speeding, or DUI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies