Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:57 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
But they're OLD divisions for a reason.
Apparently anything goes. You can never get more than two people to agree on more than 1 or 2 topics anyway including Geneticist or Anthropologist. Look at Bill John Baker, he's 31/32 European and he's still enough Cherokee to be the Principle Chief of the tribe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 03:58 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
How is Islam a "White man's religion"? It started in Saudi Arabia, which is a brown, West Asian country!

For that matter, Christianity also began in the same part of the world, even if Europeans really adopted and took control of it.
None of the three monotheist religion are 'white man's religion' according the American race definition.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:57 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Perhaps if majority means 15-30%. But the real definition is above 50%. You provided no evidence that Africa is majority muslim.
No need to be condescending. Just add the numbers from the countries I mentioned, and add the numbers from majority christian nations, and it is easy to see that Africa is already majority muslim. But I know you wish real hard it wasn't.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Actually since forever.
No, NOT since forever.

Since foreigners showed up, bringing white man's religion, racist subjugation, and border drawing that made a basketcase of the continent.

Before that, they were going about their lives no different than people in the rest of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
None of the three monotheist religion are 'white man's religion' according the American race definition.
They all are. Every one of them.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
No, they're not. Brown people started all three faiths, and they weren't started in Europe, i.e., the White man's continent.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
No, they're not. Brown people started all three faiths, and they weren't started in Europe, i.e., the White man's continent.
Well I know this much...

Christianity as practiced by African Americans is white man's religion.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:12 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
That is the misunderstanding. White is not same as European. There lots of white people outside Europe. And even within Europe some natives, for instance here in Portugal, are about as dark as if not darker than most Arabs. If it weren't for their traditional clothing and ridiculous beards, Arabs such as Saudis might as well be southern Europeans.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:17 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,208,375 times
@desertdetroiter, yes I agree with your most recent post on this matter.

Neuling, again, this is not true. Most Americans do not see people from West, Central, or South Asia (nor people from North and East Africa)--all of whom are Caucasoid--as "White", regardless of what the census says. In fact, our census is considering adding a MENA option to the race question, just as many other countries already have. As someone who's part Middle Eastern and has grown up knowing a few Middle Easterners, I can tell you that most Saudis and other people from that region don't look like Greeks, Italians, Spanish, etc. Skin tone, sure, sometimes it's the same. But there's more to "looking White" than just your skin. The features of many people from that part of the world are very different from southern Europeans. And most Middle Easterners I know either consider themselves to be Asian (just as Indians, Pakistanis, Tajiks, or Afghans would be considered Asian--Asian doesn't always mean you have to be from the Far East) or their own race. People in North Africa and West Asia are very mixed--they are descended from the natives of those regions, sub-Saharan Africans that they either traded with or had as slaves, Asians they interacted with (be it from trading with places like India or China, or being conquered by Mongols and Turkic tribes), and later, Europeans via colonialism.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well I know this much...

Christianity as practiced by African Americans is white man's religion.
Christianity as practiced by native Hawaiians is white man's religion.

Christianity as practiced by native Americans is white man's religion.

Religion has been used as a cover for land grabs since forever.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Christianity as practiced by native Hawaiians is white man's religion.

Christianity as practiced by native Americans is white man's religion.

Religion has been used as a cover for land grabs since forever.
Yep. Religion is a huge part of irredentist policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies