Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:29 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,515,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, I got that from your citation. My point was, it doesn't sound any different than the Bible.

keep rollng your eyes - all day if you like.

NO ONE FOLLOWS the barbaric biblical laws.

conversely, MANY Islamic countries follow barbaric laws from the koran.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:29 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
when was the last time a Christian gov't stoned anyone?

the point here being, Christians, and Jews for that matter don't follow barbaric excerpts from the bible - (ie: smiting your neighbor on the Sabbath). No one gets killed for converting from Christianity or Judaism. No one is HUNG for non violent crimes, like being gay.

me thinks you protest too much.

Don't you have some Israeli's to bash
HANGED. I'm sorry, but people are HANGED, pictures are HUNG. Not meaning to be the grammar police, but that really bothers me.

And what Christian governments are you talking about? Are there any Christian theocracies in the world today?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Barbaric laws they largely got from the Old Testament. They are a few centuries behind us, give them time, they'll realize how barbaric those Biblical laws are in time.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:31 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:
when was the last time a Christian gov't stoned anyone?

the point here being, Christians, and Jews for that matter don't follow barbaric excerpts from the bible - (ie: smiting your neighbor on the Sabbath). No one gets killed for converting from Christianity or Judaism. No one is HUNG for non violent crimes, like being gay.

me thinks you protest too much.

Don't you have some Israeli's to bash
It only means they aren't good Christians. By the way, Christians prefer BBQ.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:33 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,522,222 times
Quote:

Barbaric only in your eyes. To them, they are just laws.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

And what Christian governments are you talking about? Are there any Christian theocracies in the world today?
exactly

as per my above point, no one follows barbaric biblical law. because we have evolved. muslims however still live by laws from the Koran - lopping off hands of thieves, hanging gays, blasphemy will get you killed, a woman adulterer will get stoned to death. Yes - in 2014, all of these things are happening. Saudi Arabia (our friend ) HANGED 19 people in the last month for non violent crimes.

how much of your time today and how many posts on this thread alone have you spent defending these savages?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Barbaric laws they largely got from the Old Testament. They are a few centuries behind us, give them time, they'll realize how barbaric those Biblical laws are in time.
how much time would you like to give them?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
exactly

as per my above point, no one follows barbaric biblical law. because we have evolved. muslims however still live by laws from the Koran - lopping off hands of thieves, hanging gays, blasphemy will get you killed, a woman adulterer will get stoned to death. Yes - in 2014, all of these things are happening. Saudi Arabia (our friend ) HANGED 19 people in the last month for non violent crimes.

how much of your time today and how many posts on this thread alone have you spent defending these savages?
None. I haven't defended any savages. Muslims aren't savages. Most of the Muslims I know are very nice people. They go to work. They shop in the malls. They send their kids to school. For the most part, you wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:46 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,466,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I realize that every religion has it's whack jobs and radicals, but obviously, islam has a much higher percentage that are much more likely to carry out the terrorist acts than any other religion. They don't care if someone is guilty, a child, a woman, a non-combatant, etc. All they care about is are they muslim or not and what country are they from.
And now you have muslims in the US killing American citizens simply for being and American? WTF!
And muslims wonder why there's backlash.

My problem is, I'm having a hard time understanding the peaceful muslims because I'm starting to group them all together. Muslim=bad
I too have a problem with the "peaceful" muslims. Where is the outrage at the violence if this is such a peaceful religion? Unfortunately, the violence is actually in the koran. While I don't doubt there are muslims who practice the religion peacefully, that's not what the religion teaches. That makes even the peaceful ones scary because if they ever decide to start practicing what's in the koran , we're in trouble. Never mind, we're in trouble anyway. I have no doubt this is a religion whose followers want to take over the world by force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.