Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM

1,553 posts, read 925,116 times

Advertisements

Wow, the delusions are strong on this page...................

Old 09-19-2014, 07:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
What is it about Christians that the must proselytize their faith and propagate their religious beliefs? Are they so insecure - so uncertain of their creed - as to need to convert others to validate themselves? Surely, they must be of little faith that cannot rest assured while there are those that do not share their beliefs.
They are simply doing His bidding and trying to bring others to Salvation. You are always free to reject their message or accept it even if you do not accept it from those that first bring it to you one can always find others that will be happy to help. Not everyone gets the calling to go out and try and bring others to Him. Some of us He uses in different ways, such as when there one particular person needs and wants help and does not know where to look, it has happened to me several times when I had zero thought of even discussing religion. It simply means He has different tasks for each of us and if we are His we will know what He wants us to do, be it to lead someone to Him or to stand up and defend the weak from the evils of this world. For me each person has their own free will to make their own choices in Life, no one else can pick what paths anyone else chooses to travel, but one can show others that there is another path to travel if they would like another and to me better option.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
That would be Your POV, life has a funny way of changing those point of view as we go through life.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:52 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,723 times
The problem with the Christian religion is that it’s too much talk and too little action. It makes me wonder who are the true Christians? There are many that profess fervent religious beliefs, but few that practice them. How many have lived in imitation of the life of Christ? How many have followed his example? - Father Damien, Mother Teresa perhaps? There are many pretenders, but only a few saints to be found among all the pious frauds. The characteristic trait of Christ is selflessness, the rarest of all virtues. A true Christian does not proselytize, but performs good works; and does so anonymously, without fanfare or expectation of reward. I doubt that you find such persons in church counting their blessings. Indeed, one should be suspicious of those "Holier than Thou."

The writer George Bernard Shaw was once asked what he thought of Christianity. He paused to consider for a moment, and then, with a sly smile, answered: "I don't know; it might work if anyone ever tried it."

Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well said.
Born and Raised a Catholic and went through the motions until my late teens and I became an Agnostic.
My epiphany come sitting on a bunker up on the DMZ in Korea. I was looking up at the clear cold night sky and looking out at the universe and it hit me, there simply had to be a Creator and I was looking at his works. The feeling that enveloped me at that moment has never left me and it has been many decades past, the feeling was one of welcome and acceptance and over whelming Love. I was not formally saved until I returned to the US in Colorado Springs, but the true awakening came from simply opening my heart and letting Him in. Today I have a very personal relationship with Him and speak to Him every day and I know he walks beside me, even when I fail in doing His will. I feel for those that have never had the same experience or a personal relationship with Him, and can only hope that they do one day, life truly changes and it is always for the better. One can tell easily who has a personal relationship with him and those that claim to be Christians but have zero idea what that means or even who He really is. Going to church will not save you, claiming to be a Christian will not save you, His Blood and Your acceptance of Him as your Lord are what will save you. I have run into more than one Christian, and they were to a degree, but did not have an actual personal relationship with Him and did not really know how to do so. My only advice to them is simple advice, open your heart, realize He is with you at all times and know that He does listen to your voice and that He will speak to you through your heart, remember to talk to him when you have hard times and need help and remember him when you have good times and thank Him for the wonderful world and life He has given you. There have been more than one time I or my wife have come to the end of our rope and simply sat back and said Lord we have done all we can, we leave the rest in your hands, He has Never failed us, now that is True security in life and in what lays beyond our short days here.
Peace Brother,
Now back to our arguments.
I repped you, but wanted to again let you know that was a great story. I enjoyed reading it, and thanks for sharing.

Quote:

Some of us find those who have a lack of faith, especially the militant atheist types to be equally delusional. But hey, to each their own.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:54 AM

1,553 posts, read 925,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Some of us find those who have a lack of faith, especially the militant atheist types to be equally delusional.

Well, you would be wrong.

Claiming to have 'personal relationships' with alleged gods scores WAY higher on the delusion meter than not believing in alleged gods, in my view

I'm an agnostic, by the way, who leans atheist...

Old 09-19-2014, 09:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:

Claiming to have 'personal relationships' with alleged gods scores WAY higher on the delusion meter than not believing in alleged gods, in my view

That is your opinion. It doesn't mean it is a fact.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:28 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Some of us find those who have a lack of faith, especially the militant atheist types to be equally delusional. But hey, to each their own.
Why? They simply believe in one fewer deity than you do.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:

In other words, you are more than a little confused

Old 09-19-2014, 04:31 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,539 times
Quote:
I repped you, but wanted to again let you know that was a great story. I enjoyed reading it, and thanks for sharing.

Theres no such thing as a militant atheist. No one has ever been murdered by an atheist for being religious. No one has ever been forced to convert to atheism at knife point. Theres been no atheist inquusition, no atheist crusades. If we are militant in your eyes for being outspoken against the nonsensical hold your mythology has had on our society, then that is your problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies