Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:55 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,085,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I ain't scared. I have family in both NYC and DC. They aren't scared, either.

Other folks want to get their knickers in a knot? Hey, it's a free country.

All who wish to panic can do so at their convenience.

who the heck is panicing? There is nothing that can be done, its a statement, it's fact, they are here now, and will always be here....as long as our government remains asleep at the wheel....

Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,459,926 times
Why would someone fly into say Mexico City then travel to the US border to enter the US illegally with the intent of terrorism?

Why would this be a preferred method of entry instead of flying in on a commercial carrier and obtaining lawful entry , with passport and visa? Heck, why not take a leisurely transatlantic repositioning cruise and disembark in Miami or FLL?

Should the US cease accepting all international flights in case a terrorist is on board? Or maybe just prevent those who look like a terrorist from entering the US. What does a terrorist look like?

Old 09-16-2014, 03:04 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,346,473 times
Turkey is becoming a problem. Time to kick them out of NATO and carve a Kurdish state out of their eastern area

Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 PM

30,136 posts, read 23,526,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Oh for heaven's sake...you posters give credibility to what HS tells us sheeple?
Just like their with-holding information about the "children" coming across the border in droves?

I'd be more inclined to believe what Shawn Moran of the BP says. Or the ranchers down in bordering counties (several friends of mine, btw). Or take a look at the BP stats of "OTMs", including those from Pakistan, Syria, and Afghanistan. Or, how about the muslim artifacts littering the pathways across the Rio Grande (including the Koran, prayer rugs, and the like). Terrorists are already here.

Or, what about the threat level and announcements made by Great Britain? Or, how about the 19-year-old kid who was shot in NJ by a muslim extremist, in retribution for the US bombing ISIS?

Or, (gasp!) just use logic...let's see. Our dear mr. "o" has announced he will (uh, "now!") eradicate Isis...don't you think that ISIS, faced with such a declaration, would want to begin to strike back at us? On our homeland???

Actually, I don't believe anything of what is reported by this admin anymore, or its branches, or departments...you can find "articles" and opinion pieces on both sides. Big deal.

I'll just go by logic and try to source out neutral "news" and fact - and the bottom line here, is, that any way you look at this, we ARE in danger.

Also, take a look at the charters and goals of each faction of the various Islamic groups out there. When you distill everything down, their ultimate goal is a world-wide Caliphate, based on sharia law. By virtue of that alone, we ARE at risk!

The very first thing the admin. should have done, was to close the borders. Years ago. End of story.

Dandiday
Years ago we were discussing why the border needs to be fenced/closed/whatever you want to call it. One of the arguments was that terrorists could easily use that border to cross in to this country.

What did we get? "You're racist!" The idiots who circle the wagons are so focused on race, they can't see any other possible reason why people might want something done. It's all because we "hate Mexicans".

Morons.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:33 PM

30,136 posts, read 23,526,778 times
Here, since the circle the wagon clowns want to pretend, maybe if they heard it from someone who actually works for the DHS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6UIG2N2_C4

Listen carefully.

Old 09-16-2014, 04:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,380,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
who the heck is panicing?
Oh, I dunno...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
do you honestly believe another attack isn't going to happen, it's like hey, Open the borders, come on in, bring in your criminals, your diseases, your terrorists. My girlfriends son was on Homeland Security after 911 and walked out so thoroughly disgusted....you people have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee
There is nothing that can be done, its a statement, it's fact, they are here now, and will always be here....as long as our government remains asleep at the wheel....
It was asleep 13 years ago, even after a pointed warning. Today, not so much.

But feel free to be nervous.

Me? I'm not the nervous type.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:26 PM

15,443 posts, read 10,365,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Yet the Obama cults will circle the wagon for the dear leader right up to the end!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/16/us...xico.html?_r=0
There is no known threat, they are just there on a little vacay. Drinking a little Tequila and relaxing by the pool.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh, I dunno...

It was asleep 13 years ago, even after a pointed warning. Today, not so much.

But feel free to be nervous.

Me? I'm not the nervous type.

as I said before, I'm not nervous either, but it is sad to have a black cloud over America like this....especially after all the beheadings..awful, but true.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Why would someone fly into say Mexico City then travel to the US border to enter the US illegally with the intent of terrorism?

Why would this be a preferred method of entry instead of flying in on a commercial carrier and obtaining lawful entry , with passport and visa? Heck, why not take a leisurely transatlantic repositioning cruise and disembark in Miami or FLL?

Should the US cease accepting all international flights in case a terrorist is on board? Or maybe just prevent those who look like a terrorist from entering the US. What does a terrorist look like?
because they can come in in droves without having visas or being documented....and they are used to deserts and hardships....sand storms etc.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:11 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,891,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Why would this be a preferred method of entry instead of flying in on a commercial carrier and obtaining lawful entry , with passport and visa?
Ever heard of a "No Fly List"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies