Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:43 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times

Advertisements

Global warming and global cooling have always been caused by the sun. In all prior cycles there were no factories power plants, automobiles or hair spray. The earth warmed and cooled. The very definition of the scientific method is that there is repeatability. There will always be record cold days and record warm days at various locations around the world. They are snapshots of individual days over a century or more since records have been kept.

Global records show that we are entering a period of cooling. Heating costs will go up, but are we entering another ice age like the one that ended about 12,000 years ago? Time will tell, but cutting back on our energy usage to 1990 levels will simply bring great suffering on the world's population unnecessarily. We know what the warmers want. They tell us. We just need to listen:

Global Sustainability requires: "the deliberate quest of poverty . . . reduced resource consumption . . . and set levels of mortality control."
Professor Maurice King

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our
responsibility to bring that about?"
Maurice Strong, Head of the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro

“Economic growth is not the cure, it is the disease.”
Maurice Strong

“The collective needs of non-human species must take precedence over the needs and desires of humans."
Dr. Reed F. Noss, The Wildlands Project

“Cannibalism is a radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation."
Lyall Watson, The Financial Times, 15 July 1995

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels."
Prince Phillip, World Wildlife Fund

The generally accepted definition of wildland is no people and no roads. However, there is a little known proviso that "researchers" may use the area and even erect structures, provided their they satisfy the following criteria:
(1) voted for Al Gore or Barry Soetero;
(2) drive a Volvo;
(3) know that global warming is real and human induced;
(4) harbor a deep hostility to capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It has been proven by every legitimate scientific organization on the planet. Denialists have yet to prove them wrong besides quoting people like Christopher Mockton (who doubts the Earth is round and lies about being a Lord), Steve McIntyre (who thinks it is wrong when he could justify .01 C change in the data), or Anthony Watts (lied, failed at knowing the difference between radians and degrees of temp).

All you are doing is sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending if you can't hear it then it hasn't been proven. Then pointing to people who agree, that are the bottom of the barrel of humanity itself, that you are right. The rest of us live in reality.
No ECW, it has not been proven. See there is this little thing called science that has this little thing called the scientific method and in that little thing there are some tiny little things called laws... and the last time i checked, science does not call it the Law of Global Warming.

shoot, you guys cant even settle on a name for it.

and as I have stated here repeatedly YOUR SIDE said, hurricanes were worse....not are gonna get worse, might get worse, could get worse, but ARE WORSE.

yet the actual verifiable Physics (read SCIENCE) says the exact opposite.

The same with Tornadoes and global Hydrology.

So we know your side is lying to us about these things. That IS SCIENCE. just because you can connect to some George Soros blog spot that says insipid things that mean nothing related to actual science done by actual real accredited scientists.... does not mean you made any point at all. good grief.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:52 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Global warming and global cooling have always been caused by the sun. In all prior cycles there were no factories power plants, automobiles or hair spray. The earth warmed and cooled. The very definition of the scientific method is that there is repeatability. There will always be record cold days and record warm days at various locations around the world. They are snapshots of individual days over a century or more since records have been kept.

Global records show that we are entering a period of cooling. Heating costs will go up, but are we entering another ice age like the one that ended about 12,000 years ago? Time will tell, but cutting back on our energy usage to 1990 levels will simply bring great suffering on the world's population unnecessarily. We know what the warmers want. They tell us. We just need to listen:

Global Sustainability requires: "the deliberate quest of poverty . . . reduced resource consumption . . . and set levels of mortality control."
Professor Maurice King

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our
responsibility to bring that about?"
Maurice Strong, Head of the 1992 Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro

“Economic growth is not the cure, it is the disease.”
Maurice Strong

“The collective needs of non-human species must take precedence over the needs and desires of humans."
Dr. Reed F. Noss, The Wildlands Project

“Cannibalism is a radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation."
Lyall Watson, The Financial Times, 15 July 1995

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels."
Prince Phillip, World Wildlife Fund

The generally accepted definition of wildland is no people and no roads. However, there is a little known proviso that "researchers" may use the area and even erect structures, provided their they satisfy the following criteria:
(1) voted for Al Gore or Barry Soetero;
(2) drive a Volvo;
(3) know that global warming is real and human induced;
(4) harbor a deep hostility to capitalism.
Wow, a post that is a bunch of unsourced quote mines, then stupid stereotypes at the end in order to demonize the people who don't agree. This has got to be among the most pathetic things I have ever seen. Thank you for showing again the lack of intellectually honesty and capacity in people that don't believe in global warming.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No ECW, it has not been proven. See there is this little thing called science that has this little thing called the scientific method and in that little thing there are some tiny little things called laws... and the last time i checked, science does not call it the Law of Global Warming.
There is no law of germs causing disease. There is germ theory. Does this mean you deny that germs cause disease?

There is no law of gravity. There is the theory of gravity. Does this mean you deny gravity?

There is no law of plate tectonics. There is the theory of plate tectonics. Does this mean you deny plate tectonics?

Old 09-17-2014, 10:16 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
There is no law of germs causing disease. There is germ theory. Does this mean you deny that germs cause disease?

There is no law of gravity. There is the theory of gravity. Does this mean you deny gravity?

There is no law of plate tectonics. There is the theory of plate tectonics. Does this mean you deny plate tectonics?
So if the theory of global warming is now considered as certain and as bulletproof as our understanding of germ theory, gravity and plate tectonics, how come none of the 97% consensus or these amazing computer models predicted the slowdown we are now experiencing?

“the observed global-mean surface temperature has shown a much smaller increasing linear trend over the past 15 years than over the past 30 to 60 years.”
Fifth Assessment Report - Climate Change 2013

The last time I checked, over the past fifteen years, when I drop something from a large height it still falls just as fast. Meanwhile, your camp has been promising an ice free arctic and runaway warming by now, none of which has happened but we are supposed to accept that your alarmism is on a par with the theory of gravity and if we hold even the slightest skepticism, we are pejoratively called "deniers" and "flat earthers".

Old 09-17-2014, 10:21 AM

17,774 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
just like the funding from the government does to environmental scientists who are not impartial to the issue to begin with.

If you are leading researcher at a national/state climate change institution fully funded by left leaning government, will you be stupid enough to say climate change doesn't exist and therefore this research center should close?
Yes, all the scientists are corrupt. You just said so.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:27 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
Quote:
It has been proven by every legitimate scientific organization on the planet. Denialists have yet to prove them wrong besides quoting people like Christopher Mockton (who doubts the Earth is round and lies about being a Lord), Steve McIntyre (who thinks it is wrong when he could justify .01 C change in the data), or Anthony Watts (lied, failed at knowing the difference between radians and degrees of temp).

All you are doing is sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending if you can't hear it then it hasn't been proven. Then pointing to people who agree, that are the bottom of the barrel of humanity itself, that you are right. The rest of us live in reality.

I just found this Emails show 'collusion' between EPA, environmental lobby: watchdog - Washington Times

and I would strongly suggest you do some research on the "Rand corporation," they more then likely socially engineered this climate change lie, this isn't about saving the planet, it's about certain people getting richer!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
So if the theory of global warming is now considered as certain and as bulletproof as our understanding of germ theory, gravity and plate tectonics, how come none of the 97% consensus or these amazing computer models predicted the slowdown we are now experiencing?

“the observed global-mean surface temperature has shown a much smaller increasing linear trend over the past 15 years than over the past 30 to 60 years.”
Fifth Assessment Report - Climate Change 2013
Only exists as a quote mine on Judith Curry's website: IPCC’s pause ‘logic’ | Climate Etc.

As stated before I am not interested in a debunked liar, which I stated on the first damn page. Do you hope to regurgitate the same thing over and over till everyone just goes away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
I just found this Emails show 'collusion' between EPA, environmental lobby: watchdog - Washington Times

and I would strongly suggest you do some research on the "Rand corporation," they more then likely socially engineered this climate change lie, this isn't about saving the planet, it's about certain people getting richer!
Great more conspiracy nonsense

Old 09-17-2014, 10:45 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Private jets, Long Limos, multiple mansions, .........the very people who tell us of the earth is burning up don't live like they believe their own garbage!! They all have carbon footprints bigger than Texas....

Old 09-17-2014, 10:46 AM

1,245 posts, read 923,017 times
Quote:
Only exists as a quote mine on Judith Curry's website: IPCC’s pause ‘logic’ | Climate Etc.

As stated before I am not interested in a debunked liar, which I stated on the first damn page. Do you hope to regurgitate the same thing over and over till everyone just goes away?

Great more conspiracy nonsense
Yet climate change, and global warming are just exactly that! You really think regurgitating the fear mongering parts of the UN report is going to make believers? I can link people that obama appointed to the UN from his election campaign in 2008! Those people have zero credibility as well, if you want to help the crooks that created the green hoax, get a massive transfer of wealth, then have at it, just don't expect others to conform to their main stream ideals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies