Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
*Let me set the scene. Two warehouses 150 feet long with 6 units each, separated by an area for parking with room to enter and exit. I have two units in the middle in one of the warehouses, unit 3 and 4. My neighbor in unit 2 had someone key the paint on one of his pickups and was claiming $ 5,000.00 in damage to the paint. He called the police and claimed I did it. He said he did not see me do it but heard me do it around 09:30 am.

I have a four camera video surveillance system that covers the entire area and it runs 24/7 and saves footage for 30 days. Which I installed myself two years ago at a cost of $350.00. From the moment I step out the door I have another neighbor from the other warehouse with me the entire time I'm outside, until I enter back into my unit. He had to leave to take care of some business and was leaving as the police pulled in.

At this time I have no clue why the police was there or what the problem is. I going to do some work on the well water pump that supply's water to the units and the entry is blocked by the cop and the neighbor in conversation. I approach to gain entry and the neighbor comes at me aggressively threatening me verbally with his hand out as if to put his index finger in my chest. The cop steps in between us and I turn and walk away with the statement, "I don't know what the hell your talking about". The cop says "I will need to talk to you in a bit wait for me down there",indicating my unit. While I'm waiting I remove my ID from my wallet and put it in my shirt pocket.

The cop comes down to talk with me. The first thing I do before anything is said Is hand him my ID. I ask him what the problem is and he tells me. I told him I had nothing to do with it and explained in detail what I had done that day and that I had someone with me that could back my story but he wasn't here right now. He notices the cameras and ask if they are working and belong to me and I answer yes. Now I have to make a decision.

Do I cooperate and show him the video ? I have to invite him into my unit to do that. Knowing once he's in he can do what ever he wants. I know when they search they break things and have little or no respect for property and I have some very expensive equipment but no guns,drugs or dogs to shoot.

Before I post what I did and why with the results tell me.

What would you do ?
He has a job to do and did it. your duty as a citizen to co-operate in that job if you want order in society. That is what laws are about. Sounds like typical neighbor problems which in this case you can clear up perhaps.he is as always governed by law3s and of course should be suspicious if you don't that is part of his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
I read all the comments so far and did learn some things. Some of you folks made good points to consider. Thanks everyone!
OK , let me say I don't claim I did the best thing possible or would do it like this again.

I was very much paying attention to this cop's behavior. He just heard, for about 20 minuets, what a criminal I must be. He didn't approach me aggressively, no hand on his gun, no handcuffs, search or any of that nonsense. It was clear to me I was being detained. He respected me and it was clear he wanted to know what happened and get to the bottom of it if he could.
When he ask if he could view the video I said "yes but that means you have to come into my shop and I don't like anyone in my shop. He said all i'm interested in is looking at the video and in my experience if you didn't do anything wrong the video will show that and by agreeing to show it, means your likely innocent. So I unlocked the door and let him in.

While we were trying to get the right segment of video to play my neighbor, who also was my witness, knocked and came in and told the cop the same story I did and said he was with me the whole time and I didn't do it. The cop still wanted to watch the video and we did from the time everyone arrived in the morning till he arrived to investigate. He wanted to do that so he could put it in his report. He was a decent guy about 40 y/o with the right attitude. The A**hole who accused me was informed and it appears to be over. I'm glad I made the small investment for the surveillance equip.
Bull **** from the cop to convince you to do exactly what you didnt really want to do..

"if you have nothing to hide"....

bull crap..

Old 09-18-2014, 07:01 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
It showed no one vandalized it that day and he arrive at the warehouse with the damage already done.

I can't prove it but what I think is he did some paint job for someone, they paid him and he messed it up, they keyed his paint and he decided to see if he could get me to pay for it by making a false claim.
So did he get charged with making a false police report?

Old 09-18-2014, 07:03 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
LOL...I was just thinking about the "No-knock" thread...Maybe you should make an anonymous tip that he has drugs and guns in his house. Just kidding.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
I'm amazed that police want to investigate this. Where I live, cops are loathe to investigate auto theft, much less vandalism. In a case like this here, the onus would be on the vehicle owner to take the accused to small claims court and make his case. Police would not even wish to get involved.

Perhaps the police in OP's area are much more assiduous about investigating petty crime. Or perhaps this particular cop wants to use this accusation as an excuse for a fishing expedition. Proceed w/ caution.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
So did he get charged with making a false police report?
NO and there is my dilemma. This is the second time he has tried to harm me. Will it be the last ? I really don't know. I have never done anything to this guy. I don't talk to him or bother him in any way and never have. I'm not concerned that he would attack me physically. Coming at me physically in the presence of the cop was just a show. He would never try that otherwise. I would crush him like a pop can. So that doesn't worry me. It seems he wants access to my wallet by any means possible.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
*Let me set the scene. Two warehouses 150 feet long with 6 units each, separated by an area for parking with room to enter and exit. I have two units in the middle in one of the warehouses, unit 3 and 4. My neighbor in unit 2 had someone key the paint on one of his pickups and was claiming $ 5,000.00 in damage to the paint. He called the police and claimed I did it. He said he did not see me do it but heard me do it around 09:30 am.

I have a four camera video surveillance system that covers the entire area and it runs 24/7 and saves footage for 30 days. Which I installed myself two years ago at a cost of $350.00. From the moment I step out the door I have another neighbor from the other warehouse with me the entire time I'm outside, until I enter back into my unit. He had to leave to take care of some business and was leaving as the police pulled in.

At this time I have no clue why the police was there or what the problem is. I going to do some work on the well water pump that supply's water to the units and the entry is blocked by the cop and the neighbor in conversation. I approach to gain entry and the neighbor comes at me aggressively threatening me verbally with his hand out as if to put his index finger in my chest. The cop steps in between us and I turn and walk away with the statement, "I don't know what the hell your talking about". The cop says "I will need to talk to you in a bit wait for me down there",indicating my unit. While I'm waiting I remove my ID from my wallet and put it in my shirt pocket.

The cop comes down to talk with me. The first thing I do before anything is said Is hand him my ID. I ask him what the problem is and he tells me. I told him I had nothing to do with it and explained in detail what I had done that day and that I had someone with me that could back my story but he wasn't here right now. He notices the cameras and ask if they are working and belong to me and I answer yes. Now I have to make a decision.

Do I cooperate and show him the video ? I have to invite him into my unit to do that. Knowing once he's in he can do what ever he wants. I know when they search they break things and have little or no respect for property and I have some very expensive equipment but no guns,drugs or dogs to shoot.

Before I post what I did and why with the results tell me.

What would you do ?
i think he is in your corner show him the video.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:21 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
NO and there is my dilemma. This is the second time he has tried to harm me. Will it be the last ? I really don't know. I have never done anything to this guy. I don't talk to him or bother him in any way and never have. I'm not concerned that he would attack me physically. Coming at me physically in the presence of the cop was just a show. He would never try that otherwise. I would crush him like a pop can. So that doesn't worry me. It seems he wants access to my wallet by any means possible.
Call the police and say that you think he has drugs and guns in his house. Then they might send in the paramilitary gestapo into his house in the middle of the night...

Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Or maybe he just has mental issues or personal problems and lashes out at everyone and anyone.. just stay clear

Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Yeah, I'm just going to continue to ignore him. I'm not going to let him or anyone like him change me into something that I'm not. I keep my mind clear and heart clean and if I ever have to reach down inside myself I'll be able to come up with enough strength to carry on and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies