Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:17 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Kmart Not a Christmas Commercial - YouTube

First of all, it pokes fun at the PC, anti- 'Merry Christmas' minions of the left. Don't try to deny it lefties--you know who you are.
EMPLOYEES OF KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON, WARNED NOT TO SAY

Second of all she has an afro, the most beautiful hair-style for beautiful black females. Straitening potions, eat your heart out. I think it was Marshall McCluhan who noted that advertising is the antennae of society. It an indicator of what coming next.

Last edited by wutitiz; 09-18-2014 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 09:25 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,121,139 times
Outstanding! Just for that I'll go to K-Mart tomorrow and buy something.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

First of all, it pokes fun at the PC, anti- 'Merry Christmas' minions of the left. Don't try to deny it lefties--you know who you are.

Second of all she has an afro, the most beautiful hair-style for beautiful black females. Straitening potions, eat your heart out. I think it was Marshall McCluhan who noted that advertising is the antennae of society. It an indicator of what coming next.
It seems to me that it's making fun how stores start advertising for Christmas earlier and earlier every year more than it is poking fun at the anti-Christmas crowd. It's a great strategy. It lets them advertise for Christmas earlier than their competition precisely by making fun of that competition for advertising early for Christmas. It is a pretty humorous ad though.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:41 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times
What? This commercial pokes fun at commercialization of Christmas which became nothing more than an occasion for retailers to make an extra buck. Every year retailers start Christmas sale advertising earlier and earlier and this commercial tries to be cute about it.

But, it's OK, to you it could be an anti-PC commercial by a big corporation which doesn't give a rat's ass about anything other than its profits. Don't forget to email all of your conservative friends so they have something to get anfry about, too

Merry Christmas!

Quote:

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-18-2014 at 10:42 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 10:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It seems to me that it's making fun how stores start advertising for Christmas earlier and earlier every year more than it is poking fun at the anti-Christmas crowd. It's a great strategy. It lets them advertise for Christmas earlier than their competition precisely by making fun of that competition for advertising early for Christmas. It is a pretty humorous ad though.
That's how I read it too.

This is by far the earliest christmas commercial I've ever seen. Summer isn't even officially over!

Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
What? This commercial pokes fun at commercialization of Christmas which became nothing more than an occasion for retailers to make an extra buck. Every year retailers start Christmas sale advertising earlier and earlier and this commercial tries to be cute about it.

But, it's OK, to you it could be an anti-PC commercial by a big corporation which doesn't give a rat's ass about anything other than its profits. Be my guest! lol
Watch it again. The ad embraces the commercialization of Christmas. That's another debate, but this ad is firmly on the side of commercialization. The ad takes issue with the PX extirpation of Christ from Christmas. It's a pretty bold ploy by Kmart. Some will like it, some will be offended.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:15 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Watch it again. The ad embraces the commercialization of Christmas. That's another debate, but this ad is firmly on the side of commercialization. The ad takes issue with the PX extirpation of Christ from Chrsitmas. It's a pretty bold ply by Kmart. Some will like it, some will be offended.

What offended me was your perception of what a black hair style should be on women...the Afro. I'm so glad women don't listen to men on their appearance.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:21 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post

But, it's OK, to you it could be an anti-PC commercial by a big corporation which doesn't give a rat's ass about anything other than its profits. Be my guest! lol

Kmart was pretty clever being the first one to start Christmas advertising this year.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

What offended me was your perception of what a black hair style should be on women...the Afro. I'm so glad women don't listen to men on their appearance.
So you're offended because I find a hair-style to be beautiful? Okay.....

Old 09-18-2014, 10:23 PM

118 posts, read 115,843 times
KMart is still in business? Every single one that was near me closed up shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies