Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:50 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The Fed is composed of the same bloodlines of shylock and money-changers that have been stealing at will from the people for ages. They can expand/contract the silly fiat magic green toilet paper at will to steal as much as they want. It is simply an scheme for indirect theft, through "legitimate" counterfeiting. Even if we chose to use fiat currency, it should at least be Constitutional, in that it was under the control of Congress. (Even though "our" government would be just as bad a den of thieves.) I'd rather the State be stealing from the populace rather than Rothschilds and Morgans...
Worth a listen IMO if you have the time:

Victoria Grant - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
It's funny, I've met two quite literally schizophrenic people in my life. Both would rant on about the federal reserve. I've met, quite literally, hundreds of economists in my life. None of whom think we should be getting rid of central banks.

Who's advice should we follow? The uneducated tin foil hat wearing crazy people or the well educated people who know a lot about macroeconomics.

Tough choice.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Remember when Greenspan said there was no housing bubble and publicly encouraged people to get subprime loans? Remember when Bernanke said the subprime loan crisis was 'contained'?

These people aren't stupid, they're crooks.

The 1 perent are stripping America like a thanksgiving turkey, with the protection of Obama, Congress and the Fed.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:07 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
It's funny, I've met two quite literally schizophrenic people in my life. Both would rant on about the federal reserve. I've met, quite literally, hundreds of economists in my life. None of whom think we should be getting rid of central banks.
LOL cool story bro!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:13 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,599,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
3. there is a good solid list of guys that stand well ahead of Andy Jackson on the list of bad presidents even if walleyed progs dont like him... which is weird because he was the great early populist....

of course if you are a native American then you probably rather dislike the guy
Yeah, other than destroying the economy and committing genocide he wasn't bad.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:15 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes. –Andrew Jackson

Was Ron Paul, our nations last chance to kill the monster, that is at the root of all evil?
Will there be another?
Why hate the rich, though? There are always going to be folks who are smarter, work harder, save more, and take greater risks.

And when they get a little ahead, it's natural for them to use their resources to influence the government in ways that are favorable to them. The poor and the middle class do the same thing.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,736,861 times
Yes, that whole wanting to keep inflation and in check and balance out the ebbs and flows of the economy only benefits the rich, right?

Again, who to believe. The crazy tin foil hat wearers who barely got through high school or the economists. Tough call.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 AM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Why hate the rich, though? There are always going to be folks who are smarter, work harder, save more, and take greater risks.

And when they get a little ahead, it's natural for them to use their resources to influence the government in ways that are favorable to them. The poor and the middle class do the same thing.
But the middle class is failing themselves. They have been too divided and/or confused to get their share the last few decades.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:34 AM

86 posts, read 95,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I came across a few quotes that tell exactly why the Federal Reserve is very bad.
I think they accurately describe the economic situation we face today.
Andrew Jackson; the only president to abolish the Central Bank and the only president who got rid of the national debt.

The bold effort the present (central) bank had made to control the government … are but premonitions of the fate that await the American people should they be deluded into a perpetuation of this institution or the establishment of another like it. –Andrew Jackson

I am one of those who do not believe that a national debt is a national blessing, but rather a curse to a republic; inasmuch as it is calculated to raise around the administration a moneyed aristocracy dangerous to the liberties of the country. –Andrew Jackson

Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. –Andrew Jackson

It is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their selfish purposes. –Andrew Jackson

Was Ron Paul, our nations last chance to kill the monster, that is at the root of all evil?
Will there be another?

Yeah, **** the Fed!

Old 09-22-2014, 04:53 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,494,717 times
Andrew Jackson is dead - and we, the living, are not getting rid of the FED. Get use to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies