Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,517,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
The conservatives want another war, plain and simple. Their government contractor friends can't make money without one. Fox Propaganda/News wouldn't be screaming for another war unless they were ordered to.
We do?? Gee, I didn't get the memo.

Or is this just another obagger wet dream?

Old 09-20-2014, 02:15 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Funny. I still think ISIS should be obliterated but not through US war intervention. I say the US should reach out to countries threatened by ISIS and aid them with intelligence.

‘Get a Grip’: Maher Rips War Hawks for Breathless Hyping of ISIS Threats | Mediaite
LMAO @ "aid them with intelligence."

Our Intel apparatus is one of the worst in the world. Anyone using our Intel is gonna be in major trouble.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:20 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am NOT surprised that you get your serious news opinions from a comedian!
You do too.

Especially if you watch Fox.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:21 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,287,751 times
We gotta kill em there. If not they are gonna come here and we are all gonna die!

Lindsey Graham is such a wuss.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,454,965 times
A couple thoughts

1. ISIS is a group that is committing genocide against minorities like Assyrian Christians and Yazidis. Actions like burying 500 women and children alive. As such I support actions to degrade their capabilities and to limit their control. However I'm not sure who we want to fill their power void - other than a free Kurdish state in Iraq, but what about non Kurdish areas? We're hoping there's a more moderate Syrian rebel group I guess

2. ISIS poses no greater threat than any other Radical Islamic / White Paranoid Anti government dude / Other type of paranoid nut. Somewhere a few innocent Americans will die in some small scale terror attack. It's the small price we pay for being the world's super power, and one with a very strong hand. I'm for surveillance to detain threatening persons but we won't get all of them. Strange how the 10,000 traffic don't cause mass fear but 3 people killed by a Muslim causes gun sales to double and people to dead bolt lock their doors

3. The (White) American public has always been easily seduced by fear mongering. First it was the scurry Red Men, then the scurry Big Black Man, then the scurry Hispanyola trying to gain territory for Mexico, now it's the scurry Muslim - even the ones on no fly lists who are an ocean away.

4. If we really want world peace we need to recognize how insane many of our foreign policy decisions are. We are doing everything wrong to make terrorism less of a threat. Constant dropping of bombs to insure oil supply, sanctions that prevent civilian airplanes from being safe and medical supplies from arriving and our allowing Israel to periodically bomb the hell out of Palestine are the main reasons the Muslims hate us. Our actions have caused MILLIONS of Middle Eastern civilians to prematurely die. Before WW2 the Muslim world liked the USA and terrorism wasn't in our vocabulary.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:38 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,949,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why do people pay attention to anything Bill Maher says? He's a 'comedian' (using the term loosely), not a politician.

And politicians never lie? hahaha good one.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,833,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Why did anyone pay attention to Ronald Reagan? He was an actor.
Touché!

Old 09-23-2014, 06:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,833,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Who became a two-term governor and two-term president. What's your point? Maher is a moron and Reagan was a great man and great president.

Wait, let me guess, you're an obagger?
Bill Clinton served as Governor of Arkansas for a total of 12 years and was also a two-term president. Can we assume that you think Bill Clinton a great man and a great president, as well, Ed?

Bill Maher, like him or hate him, is a very intelligent man. And he's certainly not the only "comedian" to make his political views known. The right has at least one or two on its side.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,633,829 times
I hate Maher but he is spot on. Everyone references the video as the reason we should fight ISIS. It shouldn't be this easy

Old 09-23-2014, 07:16 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,963,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Funny. I still think ISIS should be obliterated but not through US war intervention. I say the US should reach out to countries threatened by ISIS and aid them with intelligence.

We have planes, helicopters, guns, tanks, ships, bombs, drones, missiles, soldiers, and more, but there's absolutely NONE of that anywhere in this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.