Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A woman says she saw Mexican soldiers shoot and kill her 15-year-old daughter after a confrontation with a suspected drug gang even though the teenager was lying wounded on the ground. Twenty others also were shot and killed in rural southern Mexico after they surrendered and were disarmed, the mother told The Associated Press.

"A soldier stood the kid up and killed him," said the witness, who said she had gone to the warehouse the night before to try to retrieve her daughter from the gang she had apparently joined."
Witness: 21 gang members killed by Mexican Army after they had surrendered | Fox News Latino

Choices have consequences! Joining that gang doesn't seem like such a good idea now, huh? Maybe someone else will learn from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2014, 11:11 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,872 times
After they have been disarmed, shooting them is too extreme. If in an exchange of gunfire, I can understand. These people should not have been shot. Bad move on the Mexican Police's part.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:18 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
After they have been disarmed, shooting them is too extreme. If in an exchange of gunfire, I can understand. These people should not have been shot. Bad move on the Mexican Police's part.
Like the Mexican Police are going to end up in prison...

Old 09-20-2014, 03:15 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
It all depends. They might look at it as a war with a take no prisoners agenda. That's happened before in the US.

How many cops have been killed by these criminals? I have no sympathy for them.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:29 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
American drug users support the cartels. I don't support the cartels but let's be real. We are the reason for the humanitarian crisis on the border. I say legalize drugs, send addicts to rehab rather than prison, and tax the heck out of the stuff. Time to take away funding from the illegal element

Old 09-20-2014, 03:54 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
American drug users support the cartels. I don't support the cartels but let's be real. We are the reason for the humanitarian crisis on the border. I say legalize drugs, send addicts to rehab rather than prison, and tax the heck out of the stuff. Time to take away funding from the illegal element
Stupid drug users are the reason for the drug cartels. They fuel the demand. You're correct there.

But we as a country are NOT responsible for the South American/Central American/Other unstable, poverty-ridden hellholes that the illiterate poor are fleeing.

Come to America--and the US sucker taxpayers will take care of you--free everything. You can be another of the parasites swarming here.

B. Hussein Obama is getting his wish. EFF him and his entire administration.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 09-20-2014 at 04:06 PM..

Old 09-20-2014, 04:04 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
The Mexican police are just as much thugs as the gang members if they are doing stuff like that.

What is the point of having laws then???

Old 09-20-2014, 04:11 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Nah, that's just Mexico, you have to respect their culture.

You can;t judge another culture by your standards....otherwise you would be called anthropomorphic!

When we annex Mexico we can send the social justice police section of the DOJ down there to encourage higher standards. Maybe some 'Hands up Don't shoot' T-shirts may be left over for re-distribution.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Word is it that MOST drugs from Mexico are going to Europe, NOT the US in 2014.

Too; what IS it about LatAm? Ain't a country down there that has its act together tho there's a LOT of rich people living in Mexico and so on.

In other words: we DON'T owe LatAm a thing except the return of their illegal aliens in the US. Let the rich people feed their poor cousins. Sheesh!

Old 09-20-2014, 05:17 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
The drug cartels have little to do with the so-called humanitarian crisis on the border. The reason most of them are fleeing their countries is because they heard our government won't deport them and in fact feed, clothe them and give them anything else they want along with the promise of amnesty all at the taxpayer expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies