Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 05:01 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Race is simply genetics. Many Hispanics are a combination of white and indo, black, etc. These mixed race people are called mestizos or mulattos.

As for people hating their own race. I know of some that may or may not hate their own race but they are definitely "xenophilias". They have an attraction for or prefer someone or a certain group of foreigners whether it be because of race or culture to the point of seemingly turning their backs on their own race/culture irrationally.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:55 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Family: Hominidae
Tribe: Hominini
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens

That's it. Everything else is fiction.
Exactly so, and well stated.

AAA Statement on "Race"

Race is a construct, a fabrication, and a fiction, according to physical anthropology. Yet certain posters on CD tell me that I cannot weigh in on certain topics because I don't have the requisite skin tone. And certain politcos express concern that certain other polticos have not voted in accordance with their skin tone.
Clyburn: Tim Scott Doesn't Vote His Color | The Daily Caller

Old 09-20-2014, 05:58 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Considering so much is politically motivated based on "race", I'd say Hurricane Kid has a point. If you're tired of it all, why don't you take the time to read what he wrote, and hey, do something about it. We shouldn't have any paperwork that has us fill out what "race" we are. Not on job applications, not on school applications...as he is pointing out, IT DOESN'T FRICKEN MATTER because it's just a matter of pigmentation, or lack of an eyelid or not, etc. That's the entire damn point of his post.
Yep. It literally is pigmentation and facial features to me.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 PM

196 posts, read 183,977 times
[quote=TheHurricaneKid;36573984]The way I see it, a persons race can either be white, asian, or black. The hispanic race does not exist, however there is a hispanic (olive-skinned, and nothing to do with Latin, Spanish or Native American) version of every race.

That said, there are caucasian whites, hispanic (greek/italians/mexicans, some native americans, etc.) whites, and black whites (the dark skinned people without the round nose). If you are going to tell me that it's possible for caucasian white to be hispanic, I will tell you that THAT's BULL****. I don't give a damn about that person's "Spanish" ancestry, if you are PALE you are white, unless you are the albino mutant version of that race.

Then there are asians (You know, they look like how if the other two races stretched their eyes, even though all they really are is just people without an eyelid). There are also white asians (found in china, korea, and parts of japan), hispanic asians (polynesians, tanned japanese, indonesians, vietnamese, most native americans, etc.), and the rare BLACK asians that look like they have black skin, but still lack an eyelid. No, Tiger Woods is not a BLACK asian, he is a hybrid who has the token "big nose" that black people have.

Lastly, there are blacks, which are divided into two groups: Africans and Aboriginals. Despite genetic analysis that shows they are very distinct from each other, they are both BLACK to me.

Lastly, there are hybrids, which have features that are commonly found in different races. In my opinion, it's possible to be a hybrid or mixed race despite having the last 20 generations being all white, asian, or black.

...That said, just because a person uses a racial slur, does not mean they are racist, it means they just want to insult the other person and take advantage of their insecurity. A true racist truly hates the ENTIRE race.

...Also, it's possible to be racist against your own race, as indicated by people who hate their own race.

You are correct, there are only three distinct racial groups. Back in the day, race was defined as negroid, mongoloid, and caucasoid(pardon the spelling, please). Since every possible variation of each wished to not be grouped together wjth the supposed inferior group, the result has been the creation of races based on the whims of people of all skin colors and facial features. The real description should be "ethnicity" and not "race".
There is a thread in the Science and Technology forum on C-D titled "It is 2014 and why are we still not". Even though it is about tech advances and science, a good response would be "past the dogma of racial profiling in all its outdated and outlandish forms".

Old 09-20-2014, 09:12 PM

196 posts, read 183,977 times
My apologies to Hurricane Kid;I did not intend to make it appear as if I was editing your post.I guess I did not scroll far enough down to start my response. Forgive me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies