Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:11 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Maybe they should. The leaders on the Hill do.

"Monday through Friday, prayer is said every morning in the U. S. Senate and in the U. S. House of Representatives. Each House invites and pays a Christian minister to pray each day for a week that they are in session. Ministers apply for this privilege and they come from every sector of the country. This has been so since the 1st Congress in 1789 some 225 years ago and will continue as long as we are a Christian nation."

Prayer in Congress invoked every morning | Liberty Under Fire

...hears liberals heads exploding.
You do know that many liberals are religious So no their heads are not exploding.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
LOL!!! The first smile i had today was reading the title of this thread. Thank you!
Read your money. You'll laugh out loud.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
"keeping faith on the field"? I'm don't know what that means and either does the person who wrote it. This is the problem with prayer warriors, they really don't know where or why the prayers should be said, they only know they want to annoy all the people who don't want to hear it.

You are only as successful as the number of people you pisssss off

Old 09-20-2014, 11:30 PM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
"keeping faith on the field"? I'm don't know what that means and either does the person who wrote it. This is the problem with prayer warriors, they really don't know where or why the prayers should be said, they only know they want to annoy all the people who don't want to hear it.

You are only as successful as the number of people you pisssss off
In this specific town and high school, who complained about the before game prayers?

Old 09-20-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
In this specific town and high school, who complained about the before game prayers?
I know the article was nearly impossible to read since the blogger has very poor writing skills at it the whole thing looks like it was cobbled together by squirrels, but buried in there is a comment that the school has received complaints.

Quote:
She read comments, from a school administrator (probably getting Christian death threats as we speak) who said that the school has received complaints about this practice. She asked the girls what their reaction was. The chyron stated, as Fox Fact: "Keeping Faith on the Field, Cheerleaders lead prayer in pre-game prayer." Alley Myers said that she "felt emotional" because the community "needs God in it." Hasselbeck: "Sure." She urged the girls to talk about their moment of protest. More Fox validation in the chyron: "Faith Unites, opposing team and crowd join school prayer." Canada said that the cheerleaders started a public recitation of the Lord's Prayer and the crowd joined in. Hasselbeck just gushed over how the crowd's participation could be considered "a victory." In concluding, Hasselbeck gave the girls the Fox metaphorical high-five: "Way to Fight for Freedom, there, we wish you well."

Old 09-20-2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I know the article was nearly impossible to read since the blogger has very poor writing skills at it the whole thing looks like it was cobbled together by squirrels, but buried in there is a comment that the school has received complaints.
I'm not sure that's entirely accurate ... every report I have read/seen has said the complaint was from the ACLU.

ETA: Here's a link w/ story/video: Tennessee cheerleaders defy ban on school prayer, lead fans in pre-game Lord’s Prayer

Old 09-20-2014, 11:58 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,825,728 times
Here's what I think...against prayer in public? Don't do it. Nobody is hurting you by doing it themselves.

(This is the same liberal argument for gay marriage and abortion-"against gay marriage? Don't have one.")

Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You do know that many liberals are religious So no their heads are not exploding.
You wouldn't know it by the liberal posters on this forum...and I still hear liberal heads going BOOM!

Old 09-21-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I'm not sure that's entirely accurate ... every report I have read/seen has said the complaint was from the ACLU.

ETA: Here's a link w/ story/video: Tennessee cheerleaders defy ban on school prayer, lead fans in pre-game Lord’s Prayer
There is no circumstance I would believe that any public school anywhere in the US could recite The Lords Prayer over the PA without some complaints. The ACLU isn't sitting in ever school waiting for prayers so they can complain, they hear about it from community members ands students who are.

And if you think every person at that game, including the opposing team and everyone in the stands, was happy about that then I have a bridge to sell you.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:09 AM

Quote:
There is no circumstance I would believe that any public school anywhere in the US could recite The Lords Prayer over the PA without some complaints. The ACLU isn't sitting in ever school waiting for prayers so they can complain, they hear about it from community members ands students who are.
Per the video that I linked, last fall, the ACLU sent letters to every school district in Tennessee reminding them that school led prayer before sporting events are prohibited.

How kind of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies