Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I said:

"Libs love to bash on Christianity...are you telling me that libs are bashing on all Christians?

Do you really not know the difference?

Here's a shining example: "

I used your post to illustrate that when someone bashes on Christianity, it wasn't ALL Christians they were bashing on. Again, I read "fundamental Christians". There IS a difference between someone being a Christian, and someone being a fundamental Christian. One is more "militant" about things than the other. The point was, by you labeling as such, it showed that you understood there was a difference. That's how I interpreted it. If you say that all Christians are fundamentals then I would disagree with you.
Ok got it. Sorry! I don't know why I was confused!

Old 09-23-2014, 11:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
500+ years in a period of only 2000 years isn't much head start? That's some interesting math manuvering you've got going on there, dear.

As to the rest, don't worry yourself too much over these boogeymen you speak of. Or do, if it entertains you.
Meh, they all stem from the same place so no I don't think its much of a headstart. I think the history of each religion and the adherents contribute more to the lag than any inherent virtue one religion has over another.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,870,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes, you actually do care since you took the time to post that the pharmacist works for a private business so he can make that choice.....just like a muslim working for a private business, the supermarket. Now, would you care to explain the hypocrisy in your "reasoning"?
No.

If a business owner wants to give muslims a pass, more power to him/her.

I will just have to choose my cashiers carefully if I have a choice. Lines are quite slow and long enough in many places that I really don't want to have to wait even longer while the muslim goes and gets someone else to ring up the "unclean" products.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
No.

I will just have to choose my cashiers carefully if I have a choice. Lines are quite slow and long enough in many places that I really don't want to have to wait even longer while the muslim goes and gets someone else to ring up the "unclean" products.
No, I'm not talking about the business owner giving a pass, I'm talking about YOU. Now, why do you give a pass to a pharmacist who doesn't want to dispense Plan B & not give a pass to the muslim who doesn't want to ring up a pork product? Explain the hypocrisy please.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
Quote:
No.

There's plenty of Muslim store clerks who don't care about handling pork products--and you probably wouldn't even know they were necessarily Muslim.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
There's plenty of Muslim store clerks who don't care about handling pork products--and you probably wouldn't even know they were necessarily Muslim.
Then there is absolutely no problem.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
No, I'm not talking about the business owner giving a pass, I'm talking about YOU. Now, why do you give a pass to a pharmacist who doesn't want to dispense Plan B & not give a pass to the muslim who doesn't want to ring up a pork product? Explain the hypocrisy please.
If you think it's hypocrisy, that's OK with me. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,552,925 times
Quote:
If you think it's hypocrisy, that's OK with me. Doesn't bother me in the least.
I don't think it's hypocritical, it is. It's a fact. And you stating that you can identify a muslim in the grocery store is hilarious. Hypocrites are always good for amusement.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I don't think it's hypocritical, it is. It's a fact. And you stating that you can identify a muslim in the grocery store is hilarious. Hypocrites are always good for amusement.
Whatever. Glad you are amused.

I may or may not be able to identify a muslim. If I happened to know a cashier is muslim from previous experience--and won't ring up pork products--I just won't get in that line.

If he/she will just ring everything up, no problem.

If a pharmacist won't supply something, I will go find another pharmacist that will. I've never run into that.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:50 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
So how many people in reality have been in a grocery store where a clerk has refused to ring up pork products because of religious beliefs?(Could be Muslim or Jewish.) In reality, not something you read about... Raise your hands if this has ever happened to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies