Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:17 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
This is the exact opposite of what we need. All it will do is feed the fire and get people riled up and want to go to war again, that way we can waste even more money on a battle we obviously don't know how to win.

Also, I won't argue that Islam is a religion of hate. But I've also read the Bible. Islam is not alone in being a religion of hatred and violence and I really grow tired of people acting like it is. Conservatives speak about Islam being shielded by PC. Fine. Christianity is open to abuse then to. Basically all religions that originate from the Middle East come from the same hateful, bigoted, homophobic, sexist, and authoritarian ideas. They are religions of hate and I support being against political correctness. Stop religions from influencing people. This means Islamic extremism and conservative Christians. They're all poison and so incredibly unintelligent.
The New Testament is not a religion of hatred and violence. Quite the opposite.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:18 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Anti-Muslim hate crimes are up 143%?

I'll bet they are still lower than anti-Semitic hate crimes.
And then dumb bigots go beat up or kill Sikhs because they think they're Muslim, because they actually believe Muslims all wear turbans. Or there was the time someone beat up a Greek Orthodox priest because they thought they were Muslim. Many Americans are too stupid and dangerous to get riled up.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
To say that I dislike what some Muslims do, would be an understatement.
That being said, I don't want to see anti Islam signs on busses. We don't need to incite religious wars here inside the US. The arguments need to be conducted elsewhere, not on trains or buses.
Besides, what would these signs achive? Nothing, but unnecessary tensions. I also don't want reminders of Hitler.
Bottom line: conflicts involving ethnic groups and religions should not be posted on busses.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:28 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Well that is just sad that someone felt the need to pay and put their bigotry on display for all to see.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:31 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
It'd be better if it was just anti-religion, period, if you're gonna go that way.

"It's about time" alright, for people to realize that for all the good religion (of any culture) can and has done on the micro scale, in the big picture it is nothing but a plague and something it's time for us to grow up and out of.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:43 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
It just states what most believe, but have been muffled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
These should be on every bus in the country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
A few billboards would be nice, too.....
Not really, only bigots belief this garbage. Are you mad because Muslims get all the same rights as Christians?

Old 09-21-2014, 11:47 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Not really, only bigots belief this garbage. Are you mad because Muslims get all the same rights as Christians?
No. But they want MORE rights than Christians have.

Want a driver's license here? Lose the veil or forget about it.

Want to attend public school? Forget about specially prepared meat in the cafeteria--bring your own.

Want to work in a US supermarket as a cashier? Then don't refuse to handle the bacon, ham and other pork products that cashiers have to ring up.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:57 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
The New Testament is not a religion of hatred and violence. Quite the opposite.
New or old Testament, it's the same that led protestants and catholics to bloody wars for centuries in Ireland.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:10 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
No. But they want MORE rights than Christians have.

Want a driver's license here? Lose the veil or forget about it.

Want to attend public school? Forget about specially prepared meat in the cafeteria--bring your own.

Want to work in a US supermarket as a cashier? Then don't refuse to handle the bacon, ham and other pork products that cashiers have to ring up.
No they don't. Since when is equal rights the same as more rights? I guess only in the mind of a conservative.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
No they don't. Since when is equal rights the same as more rights? I guess only in the mind of a conservative.
They do get equal rights.

Why should they be allowed to have their DL picture taken with their veil? That's over and above equal rights.

Why do they deserve meat in school cafeterias prepared according to Muslim law? That's over.

Why should they be exempted from doing their job as a cashier? Over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies