Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 06:55 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We all know that you automatically will defend Obama on anything & everything blindly.

To have a point, just quote my post in this thread where I've defended Obama.

I poke fun at the haters all the time. That's not the same thing, is it...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
When war ends, prisoners are released.

Maybe Berghahi flipped and deserted his unit in enemy territory with no rational hope of ever making his way, home. Or maybe he was CIA.

The fab 5 had not been charged and were going to be released. There was no reason ( other than politics) to not trade.
I'm O.K. with the trade outside of the fact that it was illegal.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:14 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think we want to rely on Fox News for the decision or facts, I am going to go with the military justice system.
You fail to acknowledge who the top person in charge in the military is and the fact that the way this was handled is embarrassing for him. He has every incentive to whitewash any investigation.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The thing I find odd is that Snowden exposes illegal action and lies by the government and he is supposedly a traitor. Bergdahl does something illegal and goes to the enemy and he is O.K.

I can't quite comprehend that.
Snowden delivered confidential information to foreign powers, and Berghdal was taken POW. Why is it hard to comprehend the difference?

Old 09-22-2014, 07:18 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Snowden delivered confidential information to foreign powers, and Berghdal was taken POW. Why is it hard to comprehend the difference?
He went for a walk (a/k/a AWOL) in enemy territory, leaving a note explaining why, then joined the enemy. He converted to Islam during his captivity and declared himself a “mujahid,†or warrior for Islam, according to secret military documents obtained by Fox News.

The Pentagon never classified Bergdahl a POW during his five years in captivity.

Hmmm.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The thing I find odd is that Snowden exposes illegal action and lies by the government and he is supposedly a traitor. Bergdahl does something illegal and goes to the enemy and he is O.K.

I can't quite comprehend that.
Obama is president. That's why.

Even his administration has no clue about what's going on or what to do on a daily basis.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:36 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
What is wrong with you?

If you were there when he deserted or you know more than those that were there, then spit it out. Otherwise, move along because you apparently aren't capable of making a remotely intelligent comment.
Prove that he was a deserter.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We did trade 5 high level terrorists for 1 deserter that got himself captured.
We got the short end of the stick with that deal.

Prove that the 5 were terrorists besides some trumped up nonsense made up by our government. Why should i believe THEM?

No, we didn't get the short stick...we got an American soldier back.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:35 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You will discount any source that claims he was a deserter. You will discount those that served with him who claim he was a deserter. This link gives a lot of insight as to who Bergdahl is/was. I suggest you read it. He has a lot in common with you. Thought he was smarter and superior to everyone else.

Page 3 of Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Rolling Stone

He was sympathizer. He was ashamed to be an American. He hated America for what it was doing. He gravitated to the Afghans and separated himself from his unit. He asked his superior officer what would happen if he walked off the post with certain equipment. How come he wasn't never mentioned as a POW in the media? 6 soldiers died on a mission trying to rescue him.

I'm sure Afghan and Iraq was an eye-opener for many soldiers, but they didn't desert.

Seeing as how he was ashamed to be an American and hated America, I bet he was thrilled to know that 5 terrorists were swapped for him.

Now, how about you "prove" he didn't desert.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
To have a point, just quote my post in this thread where I've defended Obama.

I poke fun at the haters all the time. That's not the same thing, is it...

You're not fooling anyone, dude. Doing it indirectly by re-naming any bit of criticism of his administration's actions as "obamaphobia", "irrational", from "haters", "bush-lovers", etc... is your way of defending him. Perhaps you've just been doing it so long, you can no longer recognize this fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies