Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
He went for a walk (a/k/a AWOL) in enemy territory, leaving a note explaining why, then joined the enemy. He converted to Islam during his captivity and declared himself a “mujahid,” or warrior for Islam, according to secret military documents obtained by Fox News.

The Pentagon never classified Bergdahl a POW during his five years in captivity.

Hmmm.
Joined the enemy......lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Snowden delivered confidential information to foreign powers, and Berghdal was taken POW. Why is it hard to comprehend the difference?
You have no idea what Bergdahl might have told his captors.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:20 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
You will discount any source that claims he was a deserter. You will discount those that served with him who claim he was a deserter. This link gives a lot of insight as to who Bergdahl is/was. I suggest you read it. He has a lot in common with you. Thought he was smarter and superior to everyone else.

Page 3 of Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Rolling Stone

He was sympathizer. He was ashamed to be an American. He hated America for what it was doing. He gravitated to the Afghans and separated himself from his unit. He asked his superior officer what would happen if he walked off the post with certain equipment. How come he wasn't never mentioned as a POW in the media? 6 soldiers died on a mission trying to rescue him.

I'm sure Afghan and Iraq was an eye-opener for many soldiers, but they didn't desert.

Seeing as how he was ashamed to be an American and hated America, I bet he was thrilled to know that 5 terrorists were swapped for him.

Now, how about you "prove" he didn't desert.
You're asking me to prove a negative? Really? Really? Really?

BTW..I'm ashamed of what we're doing there and I have a hell of a lot of sympathy for the Afghan people...and you should too.

So what? Has a court of law convicted him of desertion?

No. So you don't know what you're talking about.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Nothing has really happened with the case, but as I can see I was right about the responses the righties were going to post. Just curious now that you have had your whine what are you going to do when they actually do come to a conclusion? Oh wait, I forget I am talking about whiners that do so not matter what happens, it is all they have.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:52 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
I knew the O-bots would come out to defend their Messiah without even bothering to read the NYP article. Sadly, it was evident the minute that Obama appeared in the Rose Garden with his parents that little Bowe would never be held accountable regardless of the cause of his "disappearance".

Seriously, someone enlighten me ... how can Bergdahl have been a prisoner if he was never labeled as such? My grandfather was a USAAF aircrewman during WWII and was shot down over Czechoslovakia and captured by the Germans in March 1945. His status was *start the drumroll* Prisoner of War. why? Because it was obvious he was captured. The Germans told the Red Cross. The Taliban however told the world that Bergdahl helped them build bombs, and furthermore he left behind notes that he hated the Army, hated the US, etc. He even asked his squad leader what would happen if he deserted!

Everybody gets scared in combat zones, everyone misses their friends/family back home, every second guesses their choices. However, very few will willingly walk off base into the night and meet up with the enemy.

Bergdahl is either a traitor or a moron. Both categories would require punishment.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:53 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We all know that you automatically will defend Obama on anything & everything blindly.
every time.

calls everyone who disagrees a 'hater' and/or claims that they're angry.

and then links a stupid picture.

followed by a ""

pretty much describes 99% of his posts.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:43 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have no idea what Bergdahl might have told his captors.
Neither do you, but then again what can a corporal tell them?

So, you don't see a difference between someone with clearance to classified information, and deliberately delivers it to foreign powers and an army corporal who is taken POW?

Old 09-22-2014, 01:46 PM

57,262 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You fail to acknowledge who the top person in charge in the military is and the fact that the way this was handled is embarrassing for him. He has every incentive to whitewash any investigation.
If he was going to worry about being embarrassed he wouldn't have done this in the first place, his first concern as it should be was getting him back. It may turn out that he was a deserter but I would rather hear that from a military tribunal rather than a news interview, nothing else matters. No one knows all the facts, at this point it's complicated. There's a good chance that he will get off with a dishonorable discharge if convicted, nothing else.

I just find a good deal of irony in that those critical of his return would more than likely be criticizing the US taking no action at all.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking The president doesn't need my "defense"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're not fooling anyone, dude. Doing it indirectly by re-naming any bit of criticism of his administration's actions as "obamaphobia", "irrational", from "haters", "bush-lovers", etc... is your way of defending him. Perhaps you've just been doing it so long, you can no longer recognize this fact.

I don't call valid criticism any of those things. But I do refer to the nutball hater stuff with those terms.

If the shoe fits...

Well, you know the rest.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:10 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Unhappy I'm shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
every time.

calls everyone who disagrees a 'hater' and/or claims that they're angry.

and then links a stupid picture.

followed by a ""

pretty much describes 99% of his posts.
That you find my sparkling wit so disagreeable.

Carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies