Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 08:55 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,670,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
My guess is not many climate change liberals at these country music concerts...

heinz field trash - Google Search
A concert is not a political event.

If you are marching to draw attention to being good stewards of the planet, don't you think concerns for a clean planet would be your primary concern and focus? It's the mindset of these lib'tards. They think that since they marched, they've proved what a good person they are, and proved they "care." Now whoever cleans up trash better pick up their garbage for them, cause they are eco-warriors and too busy saving the planet to worry about their own trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 09:01 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,370,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
A concert is not a political event.

If you are marching to draw attention to being good stewards of the planet, don't you think concerns for a clean planet would be your primary concern and focus? It's the mindset of these lib'tards. They think that since they marched, they've proved what a good person they are, and proved they "care." Now whoever cleans up trash better pick up their garbage for them, cause they are eco-warriors and too busy saving the planet to worry about their own trash.
Exactly, it's the mindset of the whole movement. It makes them feel good and strokes their ego but when it comes to actually making even a simple effort, it's too much to be bothered with.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,331,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
There are other threads on those.
Maybe so. But I am just pointing out the real hypocrisy (not to mention useless idiocy) is all the nanny-boo-boo, kindergarten-level posts (from BOTH "sides") calling out one "team" for the exact kinds of things the other "team" does.

Quote:
As to the rest, you must be new here.
Nah, I got two years on you as a member here. But about 2,000 fewer posts, however...

Old 09-22-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Maybe so. But I am just pointing out the real hypocrisy (not to mention useless idiocy) is all the nanny-boo-boo, kindergarten-level posts (from BOTH "sides") calling out one "team" for the exact kinds of things the other "team" does.
Once again:
A Tale of Two Rallies on the Mall: Clean Conservatives vs. Filthy Libs (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Now I'm not a fan of the Tea party but you do have to hand to them for caring enough to pick up after themselves after a rally and often leaving it better than how they found it, in contrast to liberal events where the place is utterly trashed.

I just get real tired of this "do as I say, not as I do" mentality and lecturing other people about how they should live their lives when they refuse to follow their own example.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:56 AM

25,837 posts, read 16,508,482 times
What are they protesting exactly? Humanity?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:06 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,722,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
If you are marching to draw attention to being good stewards of the planet, don't you think concerns for a clean planet would be your primary concern and focus?
Yes, but they are NOT marching to draw attention to being good stewards of the planet. They are marching to draw attention to man made CO2. That has nothing to do with pollution and these marchers don't care about being good stewards of the planet.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What are they protesting exactly? Humanity?
The evils of capitalism and carbon pollution as they bus themselves in by the hundreds or fly in on jets while they snap pictures of each other with their iPhones and toss their used styrofoam and plastic food container garbage on the ground.

You can't make it up!

Old 09-22-2014, 11:07 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,331,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I just get real tired of this "do as I say, not as I do" mentality and lecturing other people about how they should live their lives when they refuse to follow their own example.
Same here. It is tiresome and incredibly hypocritical.

All I am pointing out is that this kind of hypocrisy is ubiquitous in politics, regardless of party affiliation or ideology. "Liberals" (as you call them out in your thread title) are no more capable of, nor do they engage in, more hypocrisy than "conservatives." Same thing holds had you used "Democrat" and "Republican."

Indeed, to point out the hypocrisy of one group, implying the other group is somehow less guilty of hypocrisy is, in itself, both blind and completely hypocritical.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:49 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,221,273 times
I am a liberal and I volunteer myself for garbage clean ups and I do not litter. I also believe in climate change, though it's debatable how much of that climate change is due to man.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:29 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,517,973 times
Wow, aren't you enlightened...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies