Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We'll answer that question when you and the left tell us how extended back ground check will eliminate criminal getting guns....

Will the photo ID law include extensive background checks on all the voters? Does placing a vote equate to firing a weapon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 11:04 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Clearly you do not have an understanding of our Judicial system. Prosecution is done by the 'state', which can also mean the local jurisdiction. Milwaukee in this case. The county is run and owned by the dems, per the article I linked. A civil suit could be brought, but prosecution is by the government.

It is these kinds of mistakes, not understanding that cause folks to give any credence to your posts.

Otherwise, you are just spouting the party line, with no genuine understanding of the issues. That is what is sad for our Democratic Republic. Something else to bone up on; the difference between Democracy and a Democratic Republic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Cannot Republicans prosecute voter fraud? So this is a nonexistent issue.

How many people would stand in a voting line twice or more on a single day to place one more lousy vote. This is nothing more than another desperate attempt by Walker to disenfranchise enough voters so that he might have a chance at winning.

Voter ID laws disenfranchise millions of voters to prevent a problem that does not exist. Isn't that like burning down the house to kill the ants? Sad day for democracy.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
I am curious....how does having a voter ID eliminate voter fraud?
I guess that it might catch felons from sneaking in lines maybe, or people who want to vote multiple times, or perhaps even catch those voting outside of their own districts...but I never contended that it would eliminate fraud...

I was just curious as to why requiring ID was somehow wrong? You need ID to do all sorts of things in our police state, what is the big deal if it is required to vote?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:05 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
A poll worker? How would an ID have stopped her if she would have been the one checking IDs?
You stated it never happens...it does...

Old 09-23-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Will the photo ID law include extensive background checks on all the voters?
Don't know?

Quote:
Does placing a vote equate to firing a weapon?
If you cannot see the similarity....

Old 09-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Clearly you do not have an understanding of our Judicial system. Prosecution is done by the 'state', which can also mean the local jurisdiction. Milwaukee in this case. The county is run and owned by the dems, per the article I linked. A civil suit could be brought, but prosecution is by the government.

It is these kinds of mistakes, not understanding that cause folks to give any credence to your posts.

Otherwise, you are just spouting the party line, with no genuine understanding of the issues. That is what is sad for our Democratic Republic. Something else to bone up on; the difference between Democracy and a Democratic Republic.
There is no evidence of voter fraud, period! If there was why didn't the republicans insist on an Independent Special Prosecutor having no partisan affiliation to address voter fraud?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I guess that it might catch felons from sneaking in lines maybe, or people who want to vote multiple times, or perhaps even catch those voting outside of their own districts...but I never contended that it would eliminate fraud...

I was just curious as to why requiring ID was somehow wrong? You need ID to do all sorts of things in our police state, what is the big deal if it is required to vote?
Because it is an expensive, tax paid solution to a problem that does not exist. It also disenfranchises many voters which is unconstitutional.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:14 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Because it is an expensive, tax paid solution to a problem that does not exist. It also disenfranchises many voters which is unconstitutional.
But, you can't answer the question on how it will disenfranchise voters. So, you are claiming their argument has no validity, but, you make a claim that you believe has no validity, so I guess both of you have similar arguments.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:17 AM

Greg Abbott claims 50 election fraud convictions since 2002 | PolitiFact Texas

Quote:
Six of the prosecutions ended in dismissal or acquittal, Strickland told us by telephone, leaving 51 prosecutions that resulted in convictions.
Shorewood man charged with 13 counts of voter fraud

This one is still in court...

Quote:
Monroe faces various counts of election fraud, including registering in more than one place, providing false information to an election official, voting more than once and voting as a disqualified person, for a total 13 felony charges. Each charge carries a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison, two years of extended supervision and a $10,000 fine.

STUDY: Feds Prosecuted Only 38 Cases Of Voter Fraud Between 2002-05, 14 Were Thrown Out | ThinkProgress

Think progress^^^^ how can you deny it now...

Quote:
And yet between October 2002 and September 2005, just 38 cases were brought nationally, and of those, 14 ended in dismissals or acquittals, 11 in guilty pleas, and 13 in convictions.
Of course, there is NO evidence....zero, nota...nope, cannot happen...

Old 09-23-2014, 11:20 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
I think the only recourse you have is to stop voting until this manifest injustice is corrected. I think that would serve everyone best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies