Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 11:53 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
"And this is why it is so absolutely annoying when the neo-cons of the Internet suggest that our current president is "my guy."

Maybe my reading comprehension is failing me....but you clearly said the neo-cons suggest......
I think what I said is quite clear. The problem is people marching lock-step. Democrats with their bad party and Republicans with their worse party. But only members of one of these groups ever refers to Obama as "my guy." And frankly, they're more apt to march lock-step, arm-in-arm, towards their blessed goal of ideological purity.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:00 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,426,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I think what I said is quite clear. The problem is people marching lock-step. Democrats with their bad party and Republicans with their worse party. But only members of one of these groups ever refers to Obama as "my guy." And frankly, they're more apt to march lock-step, arm-in-arm, towards their blessed goal of ideological purity.
You don't spend much time on forums do you. Go talk bad about Obama on a CNN article and within seconds youll bear the brunt of attacks accusing you of being a racist, homophobic, capitalist, sexist, Bush lover.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
You don't spend much time on forums do you. Go talk bad about Obama on a CNN article and within seconds youll bear the brunt of attacks accusing you of being a racist, homophobic, capitalist, sexist, Bush lover.
When I criticize the President's policies, I do so in a way that I am not called a racist, homophobic, sexist Bush lover. Perhaps the problem is the way in which you are criticizing his policies?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,881 times
Quote:
Southerners. ZING!
Nice to know Yanks haven't changed. You have always had a superiority complex... You were revolting in 1861 and you are revolting now...

(You wouldn't say that to me to my face)

Old 09-23-2014, 02:39 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,881 times
Quote:
California and New York are "Where the Billionaires Reside." So of course that's where the income inequality is. The takeaways from that article are "States with the highest childhood poverty rates" and "States with the highest rates of citizens without healthcare."

And it is easy to see why this is. But you're never going to hear about this on Fox.
Yes, you are correct it's easy to see why this is... The South has by far the most minorities... Minorities who won't go to school, won't care about their grades, won't graduate, and never will get a decent job... But you never will hear about this on Fox OR CNN...

It amazes me that so many up north (and other parts of the country) disdain and hate their fellow citizens... Such a pathetic excuse for a "nation" this is...

If Yanks hate capitalism so bad, why did they spend a century ramming it down the South's throat?

Last edited by AtlantaIsHot; 09-23-2014 at 03:05 PM..

Old 09-23-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
Nice to know Yanks haven't changed. You have always had a superiority complex... You were revolting in 1861 and you are revolting now...

Actually, it was the South that was doing the revolting in 1861. Zing! (Whether you agree with the North's response is a matter of fun debate over on the history forum.)

Old 09-23-2014, 02:59 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
Yes, you are correct it's easy to see why this is... The South has by far the most minorities... Minorities who won't go to school, won't care about their grades, won't graduate, and never will get a decent job... But you never will hear about this on Fox OR CNN...

It amazes me who so many up north disdain and hate their fellow citizens... Such a pathetic excuse for a "nation" this is...

If Yanks hate capitalism so bad, why did they spend a century ramming it down the South's throat?
The south's problem is cultural, not racial. KY and AR have the exact same anti-intellectual attitude that MS and GA do, but are whiter than the USA average. IL has more minorities than some of the southern states, but doesn't have near the same amount of problems.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:17 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The south's problem is cultural, not racial. KY and AR have the exact same anti-intellectual attitude that MS and GA do, but are whiter than the USA average. IL has more minorities than some of the southern states, but doesn't have near the same amount of problems.
I use my home state as an example.

The typical southern always blames blacks for their failed policies (because that is what their overlords tell them to do). It gives them a scapegoat by preying on four hundred years of racial fear.

New York has the highest aggregate black population in the United States. It also has a higher percentage of blacks than some of the white southern states that aren't part of the "traditional" founding slave states - Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri. Despite the black population, New York has higher median household income, educational attainment, and far lower levels of obesity and poverty than all the states listed and the traditional slave states.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:39 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I use my home state as an example.

The typical southern always blames blacks for their failed policies (because that is what their overlords tell them to do). It gives them a scapegoat by preying on four hundred years of racial fear.

New York has the highest aggregate black population in the United States. It also has a higher percentage of blacks than some of the white southern states that aren't part of the "traditional" founding slave states - Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kentucky, Kansas, Missouri. Despite the black population, New York has higher median household income, educational attainment, and far lower levels of obesity and poverty than all the states listed and the traditional slave states.
That's quite a broad brush you got there. Most of my "southern friends" agree most of the problems down here are the northern transplants moving here to escape the high tax northern states, Yet bring their same voting habits down here.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
That's quite a broad brush you got there. Most of my "southern friends" agree most of the problems down here are the northern transplants moving here to escape the high tax northern states, Yet bring their same voting habits down here.
Your friends are idiots then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies