Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,333,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Successfully running the Screen Actors Guild for years. Talk about having to overcome egos and getting all to work together.

Once again, research could be your friend.

The biggest egos in the world are lawyers and appointed judges.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:04 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,516,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Does anyone else get tired of the non-stop racist posts by dd?
Oh yes, and his continual claims that he is not doing so in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:04 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When necessary, yes. Otherwise, no.

I'm not color blind if that's what you're asking. Far from it.
Did I ask that? Good job trying to twist this around in to something I never said, however.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:06 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,516,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The biggest egos in the world are lawyers and appointed judges.

Have you ever know any of the Hollywood crowd? It might make you rethink your statement.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:15 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,257,121 times
I would rather have him speak and speak often and then get challenged in civilized discourse that to have him hold his views close to his chest....especially if I disagree with him.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:19 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,515,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh.......and that community organizer has done so much better
Love the liberal hypocrisy. NOW they demand experience. Now?

They hated Bush mainly because their useless Al Gore didn't win. They never got over that.

And then, when Kerry didn't win, it was like pouring salt in to their wound. They are still reeling from it all, and they have been so mad, for so long, they don't even know how to talk like sane people anymore.

Ron Paul was "crazy".
Mitt Romney was a "1%er" (nevermind all the people they support are 1%ers)
McCain was "too old".
Carson is "inexperienced".

What did I hear about that clown in the WH?

"He talks really good" (Yes, "good" not "well".)
"He looks nice."
"He dresses nicely." (Not even kidding.)
"He's black" (They will deny, deny, deny, despite all of the evidence.)

Liberals have some of the oddest ways of deciding who they will vote for, and who they won't vote for. It's all shallow crap. It is completely foreign to them to focus on the person, that person's achievements, etc. They focus on stupid things like this is some high school popularity contest.

Edit: I swear, I didn't even see this post before I put this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
See, your problem is not understanding what exactly our georgia friend is trying to do.

If our friend was attempting to point out some set of reasons why Dr. Carson were not qualified, well that would have been done.

This isnt about that. This is about disqualifying the MAN. not the mans ability. See, this is the way dems do things. dont go for the policy. Go for the person. in this case, they even resort to likening Dr. Carson to the failings we repbublicans see in Obama. Yes they will toss thier own guy under the bus to disqualify a republican.

if Dr. Carson were a woman, they would say "she likes expensive dresses"

if he werent a world renowned BRIAN SERGEON they would be saying he is an idiot.

Mitt: Greedy
Palin: stupid woman who lied about her grandson being her son
McCain: doddring old fool
GWB: stupid
Dole: see McCain
GHWB: see GWB...
Dan Quayle idiot
RR: See Dole
Ford: stumbling idiot...

This is how this works?
Looks like I'm not the only one who has picked up on this.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,274,978 times
I hope that Ben Carson does run, and I think he will. He could well wind up as nominee, IMO. I fully understand the argument that he should have more political experience before running for the top job. However, consider that Ike had never held elective office before becoming president, and is regarded by most historians as one of the most effective presidents of the post WWII era.

If you want experience, Joe Biden might be your guy. He was elected to the US Senate at age 30 (!) in 1972. He is now age 71.

Consider also that as a pediatric neurosurgeon, Ben Carson has had a lifetime of experience of making gut-wrenching decisions.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:11 PM

37,734 posts, read 40,783,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no one is saying he is not a great guy
but I still wish he would shut up he has zero chance and he has zero qualifications
you are quoting what he like to say about himself
he thinks MILLIONS of people want him to run
what millions???!!!
hell I do not know anyone who MILLIONS want at this point
he has bought into his own hype
I'm not making the case that he's a great guy, either, although his awards and accomplishments make me think that he is one. I'm saying he's a qualified guy because in his executive positions, not just his surgeon role, he's had to deal with big decisions and developing and implementing a budget along with reacting to big problems that come up unexpectedly and dealing with them.

Your (not you the poster) lawyer politicians/legislators who have never had a position where they had to implement their own legislation or anybody else's or develop/manage/implement a budget and react to unexpected problems (crisis management) are not qualified, to me, to be President, either. There is a reason why those folks chose not to run things throughout their careers. It doesn't take a genius to vote or criticize the sitting President or have their staff research and write proposed legislation. It doesn't take a genius to schmooze with lobbyists, manipulate, lie to people or obfuscate the truth, either. Most of them are lawyers that's what they did. They'd be okay advisors but even if they have been in the US Senate for 20 years, they aren't qualified to run a country no matter what their ego tells them...unless, that in addition to being a lawyer/politician they actually ran something.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:25 PM

9,126 posts, read 5,758,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A kind "black" man?

LMAO...as cryptic as you conservative types try to be, you let it slip from time to time.

Once you cut through the strum and drang, it's very transparent.

It would have been better if she had said he was "clean
and articulate" and doesn't speak with a "negro dialect?"

Old 09-24-2014, 01:35 PM

13,570 posts, read 10,272,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What in your mind makes a candidate qualified? Is it being a lawyer and career politician? One thing Carson says that makes a lot of sense to me is that more people with scientific backgrounds ought to run for office because scientists are trained to find a solution, whereas lawyers are trained to win at all costs. Scientists/doctors are smart enough to understand different aspects of the law, and they have the work ethic to get the job done.
While Dr. Carson has a lot of scientific knowledge, unfortunately in the political realm he just spouts a lot of pap that is contrary to that logic and critical analysis. Look at the stuff he says about gay people and the ACA. Sadly he is playing to gallery throwing red meat to them.

Just because you're accomplished in one field doesn't mean you're going to make sense in public life. Look at the stuff that Paul Braun says (and this guy is a physician).

I say, let Dr. Carson talk all he wants. He'll just talk himself out of serious political consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies