Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 03:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Eating meat in moderation is not harmful to the human race, much in the same way being selective and reserved about sexual partners isn't harmful to the human race.

Eating a 16oz. T-bone everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can cause a lot of health problems, such as gout. Having sex with many different partners can also cause problems, health and financial.

Thanks for giving me a good analogy with which to prove my point.........
If one is using protection, explain how sex is harmful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 03:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Eating meat in moderation is not harmful to the human race, much in the same way being selective and reserved about sexual partners isn't harmful to the human race.

Eating a 16oz. T-bone everyday for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can cause a lot of health problems, such as gout. Having sex with many different partners can also cause problems, health and financial.

Thanks for giving me a good analogy with which to prove my point.........
You think sex should be reserved for loving couples in a committed, lifetime relationship. That means no sex at all for a lot of people.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
You know what also would help avoid expensive complications from sex???? Teaching kids that sex is something special that should only be shared between two people who care for one another and have chosen to spend their lives together.

Gawd forbid we send that message, right?
Here it is!!

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
So you believe sex should only be had once a year & for purposes of procreation?
If you can't bother to even read the posts you reply to, then why should I bother with the effort to answer your questions even after I've already answered them?

Quote:
Hahahaha, oh do tell how sex is harmful to the human race.
The public school system must really be failing our youth....

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You said "emotional feelings". Dogs are loyal to humans and can have their trust broken when the human treats him badly. There's evidence of this when after repeated mistreatment from their master or any human, they turn cold, bitter and angry all the time. There are also apes, horses, dolphins, and several other animals that know how to think and rationalize. If you honestly think that rational thinking is strictly a humain trait, then that tells me that you must have failed every basic science class in middle school.

Says YOU.
Again, you are grasping at straws here. Animals aren't capable of having a sense of right or wrong when it comes to their sexual urges nor emotional attachments to the animal they are breeding with. It's just a primitive urge. You're comparing apples to oranges here with your analogies. Never said that animals can't feel pain or anger, etc.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
If one is using protection, explain how sex is harmful.
Is protection 100% effective?

If you ever have a daughter, will you tell her it'd be ok to sleep with 100 men as long as protection was used? You needn't answer that question, I doubt you'd do so honestly here on this forum if only to prove a point, but I do hope you answer that question honestly in your own mind before having a child if you ever do.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:25 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, you are grasping at straws here. Animals aren't capable of having a sense of right or wrong when it comes to their sexual urges nor emotional attachments to the animal they are breeding with. It's just a primitive urge. You're comparing apples to oranges here with your analogies. Never said that animals can't feel pain or anger, etc.
Well you sure as hell weren't specific. But who's to say that's the case? They still pick and choose their mates. That's a form of "right and wrong". Humans have a "primative urge" as well. It's called NATURE.

Either way, you're still trying to convince people that YOUR way of thinking on this subject is the only way. And it's simply not true.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
If you can't bother to even read the posts you reply to, then why should I bother with the effort to answer your questions even after I've already answered them?

The public school system must really be failing our youth....
You didn't answer the question. You simply based things on your opinion. That's not fact. Now, answer the question: if protection is used, there's no pregnancy or diseases running around, how is sex harmful to humans? Facts, not your out of date opinion.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You think sex should be reserved for loving couples in a committed, lifetime relationship. That means no sex at all for a lot of people.
No, sometimes relationships go sour after awhile and doesn't result in a lifetime commitment. What I myself am saying is that there should be love between a couple before engaging in sex. If it turns into a lifetime commitment that's nice but it doesn't always end up that way. What I am talking about is having sex with someone that you have no feelings towards and is just based on sexual urges.

Old 09-30-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Is protection 100% effective?

If you ever have a daughter, will you tell her it'd be ok to sleep with 100 men as long as protection was used? You needn't answer that question, I doubt you'd do so honestly here on this forum if only to prove a point, but I do hope you answer that question honestly in your own mind before having a child if you ever do.
Stil haven't answered the question. And I never want kids so I won't ever have a daughter. However if I did, I wouldn't say anything about the number of people she sleeps with, none of my business. However, I WILL tell her that unprotected sex can cause pregnancy & disease, give her the FACTS & also make sure she knows about birth control. See I have a brain, I get that people love sex and will have sex so prepare them for it. It's really quite simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies