Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 08:48 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Again, I don't have marketable job skills.
Look in the mirror, you own that.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:48 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
How much could you sell if you had to take everything to offsite storage, then take stuff from storage to a friend's to do listing photos, then take it home, in order to sell it? Since you are now dependent on your friend's schedule, you might not be able to sell as much as you had hoped.
Dear god, do you not see how many excuses for failure you've baked into your choice of income generation? Your entire Internet thing, which apparently will make you a millionaire or something, has all these very fragile and sensitive points of failure that stop you from achieving world domination of reselling.

Meanwhile, your entire plan seems to be waiting for everything to just simply work out all perfect for you, or otherwise why bother. And it's in the "otherwise, why bother" we find the real truth. You don't want to work, you want to goof off and get paid for it. My mom did Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Amway, etc at various different points because they sell it like you do very little and money just pours in, just look at SoAndSo and their mansion, all funded by this same program!! Just buy $3,000 worth of initial stock, and turn on those money spigots!!

Thing is, all these schemes are sold to folks who want what looks like the easiest way to earn money for the least amount of work, that also allows never getting out of your pajamas. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, ever replaces simply working more hours and doing it every day. What you, my mom and every other SadSack I've ever met excel at doing is making excuses for why the boring, normal, grind it out jobs like 95% of the working population has are all somehow beneath you, out of your reach, or impossible to do. Somehow, only a work from home scheme of little work and vast wealth is possible.

Funny thing, if you waited tables as much as you come here to complain about no money, you'd make an extra $500 per week probably. That's just one example, but there's tons of jobs out there...go get a couple.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Dear god, do you not see how many excuses for failure you've baked into your choice of income generation? Your entire Internet thing, which apparently will make you a millionaire or something, has all these very fragile and sensitive points of failure that stop you from achieving world domination of reselling.

Meanwhile, your entire plan seems to be waiting for everything to just simply work out all perfect for you, or otherwise why bother. And it's in the "otherwise, why bother" we find the real truth. You don't want to work, you want to goof off and get paid for it. My mom did Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Amway, etc at various different points because they sell it like you do very little and money just pours in, just look at SoAndSo and their mansion, all funded by this same program!! Just buy $3,000 worth of initial stock, and turn on those money spigots!!

Thing is, all these schemes are sold to folks who want what looks like the easiest way to earn money for the least amount of work, that also allows never getting out of your pajamas. Nothing, and I do mean nothing, ever replaces simply working more hours and doing it every day. What you, my mom and every other SadSack I've ever met excel at doing is making excuses for why the boring, normal, grind it out jobs like 95% of the working population has are all somehow beneath you, out of your reach, or impossible to do. Somehow, only a work from home scheme of little work and vast wealth is possible.

Funny thing, if you waited tables as much as you come here to complain about no money, you'd make an extra $500 per week probably. That's just one example, but there's tons of jobs out there...go get a couple.
Excellent post!!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Again, I don't have marketable job skills.
There are tons of jobs for people without skills. We have one thread going on like 1500 posts concerning such jobs. Waiting tables takes no prior experience. Landscaping, fast food, telemarketing CSR, retail, etc. None of these jobs require prior skills, and all can start rebuilding (or initially building since by your own accounts you don't seem to have ever been gainfully employed like ever) a resume. Go get one. Go get a couple. Grind out paychecks, start improving your life.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It should be noted, this is being done to those with bad credit. It's an agreement. The choices are no loan or a loan that protects the bank.

Yes, there are added questions and potential problems here, I'm not arguing that but to argue it the bigger picture should be noted.
The devise is a condition of the loan. The borrower agrees to allow the device to be attached to the car. It allows the lender to prevent the car from being started if the borrower falls behind on their payment. It also allows the lender to track the car which comes in handy for reposession.

Those with low credit scores are higher credit risks and pay higher interest rates. They also tend to be involved in more traffic accidents and pay higher insurance premiums.

If you were to consider personally lending $10-20,000 to an individual with a history of late or failure to pay obligations, would you not want some extra assurance that you could reclaim your asset as quickly as possible?

State, not federal law, governs auto repossession.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
How can someone who is an aunt have 0 marketable skills? Where did they live in a laboratory? I can go get a job cutting grass tomorrow. I can get a job doing drywall tomorrow. Quick lube is always hiring. How much skill does it take to change oil?
How do illegals who can't speak english and have no real skills get jobs?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How can someone who is an aunt have 0 marketable skills? Where did they live in a laboratory? I can go get a job cutting grass tomorrow. I can get a job doing drywall tomorrow. Quick lube is always hiring. How much skill does it take to change oil?
How do illegals who can't speak english and have no real skills get jobs?
This.

When I was in the military, as an E-6 no less, at various times I did office cabling part time with a buddy, I did landscaping and tree work, I delivered pizzas, I worked at a video store, etc all for extra money. In every case, the entire interview was "hey, I saw your 'Help Wanted' sign and figured I'd check it out."

Then again, my military career had already shown me that a week is 168 hours, not 40, and you'd be amazed how much work can be packed into a single "week."

Old 09-25-2014, 09:06 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
This is scary stuff especially the privacy part.
There is no issue of privacy here.

You are not the owner of the auto until you hold title in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They claim they can't do it while the car is moving but that's not what people in the article say and it doesn't match what I remember hearing.
The people in the article are stupid.

The device has a feeder to the CPU. It's a simple on/off thing. You know how GatesDOS eats up all of your CPU processing with its idiotic interrupt protocol?

Computer: Printer, are you there?
Printer: Yes, I'm here.
Computer: Are you there?

Lather, Rinse, Repeat ad infinitum

Same thing.

For the not-too-bright, Model As and Model Ts did not have CPUs, or air-conditioning or DVD players or heated seats, or power windows or power steering or power brakes or power door locks etc etc etc.

Especially...

Mircea

Old 09-25-2014, 09:16 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Banks don't so this...this is the sort of thing that shady "Buy Here Pay Here" dealers do.

The whole thing is a ripoff froom the start; you buy a clunker and your down payment covers what the dealer has in the car; the inflated payments are just gravy for the dealer.

When the dealer repos the car, they can resell it and make another big profit all over again.
Most banks will not touch bad credit risks unless they can sell the loans to a third party.

Sub prime auto lenders are as " shady" as their customers. Lots of " reputable" dealers have sub prime lending desks within their operations.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The devise is a condition of the loan. The borrower agrees to allow the device to be attached to the car. It allows the lender to prevent the car from being started if the borrower falls behind on their payment. It also allows the lender to track the car which comes in handy for reposession.

Those with low credit scores are higher credit risks and pay higher interest rates. They also tend to be involved in more traffic accidents and pay higher insurance premiums.

If you were to consider personally lending $10-20,000 to an individual with a history of late or failure to pay obligations, would you not want some extra assurance that you could reclaim your asset as quickly as possible?

State, not federal law, governs auto repossession.
I wouldn't loan 10-20k to someone with a poor credit history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies