Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

we all need to wake up
we all need to watch this
it will be happening here soon, and Americans need to stop thinking we're safer then before, we are not!
We all live in this virtual reality we call our own little worlds we've created for ourselves...and it is in fact a lie....
I've heard people whimper, we can't watch the news anymore, there is nothing good on....

well, baby, you need to wake up and face the cold hard facts of reality....we are not the same world were were 20, 30, 40 years ago...it has changed drastically....and bad things are going to happen in this country, unlike anything we've ever seen before...and you think 911 was bad, it was nothing compared to what could and will happen if we all don't wake up and start putting some preventative maintenance into our country, and neighborhoods....

We have criminals running this country and when you folks realize that is isn't about Republican's vs Democrates, wake the heck up and realize, they are both corrupt and leading this country into a place that isn't anything like we remember America to be.

Our Westgate Is Coming. Where Will You Stand? - Bearing Arms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 08:09 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
LoL. So the government is intentionally failing to secure the borders in a conspiracy so an attack like the one in Nairobi by Islamic militants that came through the southern border. Now the author says it is just a matter of time till it happens because he thinks so (no evidence presented besides YouTube videos to crank up the fear factor) . They are doing this because, well the author really thinks so (no evidence the conspiracy even exists).

This is a great example of paranoid fear overloading someone's brain.

I bet the next steps will be: If I don't agree with the conspiracy then I am just a sheeple following the word of the government controlled media (false dichotomy). Instead of not believing unsupported BS like this, bigfoot, and the Loch Ness monster. I guess all could happen if you are 4 and really believe it.

Then will be to say I am a paid shill to disbelieve things presented without evidence but the author really really really thinks is true. Like Peter Pan, they think reality is dictated by belief if people just try hard enough. Even though there is no evidence of the conspiracy, Islamic militants coming through the borders, raids to get military weaponry...pretty much everything in the article except illegals cross the border.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
LoL. So the government is intentionally failing to secure the borders in a conspiracy so an attack like the one in Nairobi by Islamic militants that came through the southern border. Now the author says it is just a matter of time till it happens because he thinks so (no evidence presented besides YouTube videos to crank up the fear factor) . They are doing this because, well the author really thinks so (no evidence the conspiracy even exists).

This is a great example of paranoid fear overloading someone's brain.

I bet the next steps will be: If I don't agree with the conspiracy then I am just a sheeple following the word of the government controlled media (false dichotomy). Instead of not believing unsupported BS like this, bigfoot, and the Loch Ness monster. I guess all could happen if you are 4 and really believe it.

Then will be to say I am a paid shill to disbelieve things presented without evidence but the author really really really thinks is true. Like Peter Pan, they think reality is dictated by belief if people just try hard enough. Even though there is no evidence of the conspiracy, Islamic militants coming through the borders, raids to get military weaponry...pretty much everything in the article except illegals cross the border.
no one thought 911 would happen either, did they...? We've got terrorists all over this country, one they are presently searching for in PA....we've got gangs from all nations, residing in America...that came across our boarders illegally....

Stop trying to make people sound like idiots for assuming the inevidable....you don't want to believe it don't.

I've said this over and over again, I am friends with a woman, whose son served on Homeland Security and you, and your kind have no idea....

and with the borders wide open, all around our country...?

This isn't paranoid fear, this is the truth, and it will happen again....

Right after 911 the terrorists threatend they will get us in our most vulnerable state, our children...did you watch this video? They shot kids....with no regret what-so-ever....

I mean, you talk and act as if 911 never happened?

you unfortunately live in a cool aide world, that is very very small...unable to grasp reality and what the future brings....I really feel very sorry for you....my son worked in Afghanistan with these jokers, and you have no idea what they are capable of....none.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
no one thought 911 would happen either, did they...?
No one knows if dragons might fly out of my butt tomorrow and lay waste to the surrounding state.

You can't prove it won't happen. We should prepare for the inevitable because if 9/11 happened anything can.

/sarcasm

It's amazing how easy it is to take the same fear-mongering and use it as justification for all sorts of silly things. Your logic is flawed if the same thing can be use to justify virtually anything from Islamic militants to attacks by Martians...and there is no way to differentiate it based on zero evidence.

Quote:
I've said this over and over again, I am friends with a woman, whose son served on Homeland Security and you, and your kind have no idea....
I've said I am the king of the Martians so I have access to information you don't. I know it can happen and your kind have no idea. I won't present any actual evidence that this is true besides claiming I know because you aren't privy to the information.

/sarcasm

I wonder what my kind is. If it is not believing crap with zero evidence and expecting rational/logical thinking I am happy to wear that mantle. Including not believing what people claim on the internet. Especially after reading about someone who was an Alaskan billionaire who had his snowmobile stolen by Jesus. However, I'll let you tell me if that is incorrect.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 AM

I hope your right and I'm wrong, but to actually claim that 911 won't happen again, is lunacy...it will, happen, it has happened in other countries and it will happen here.

Be as sarcastic as you wish...by all means, and again, I say, by God I hope your right.

Unfortunately we learned nothing from 911 and took no precautions....
just this week a man got thru security at the White House, that is nothing to joke about....

The six lessons of 911

We are no safer now, then we were before 911 and Washington has done no thing to make us safer....

but whose to say....I really hope I'm wrong....unfortunately its common sense, and has nothing to do with fear or fear mongaring...., it's life.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:56 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
I hope your right and I'm wrong, but to actually claim that 911 won't happen again, is lunacy...it will, happen, it has happened in other countries and it will happen here.

Be as sarcastic as you wish...by all means, and again, I say, by God I hope your right.

Unfortunately we learned nothing from 911 and took no precautions....
just this week a man got thru security at the White House, that is nothing to joke about....

The six lessons of 911

We are no safer now, then we were before 911 and Washington has done no thing to make us safer....

but whose to say....I really hope I'm wrong....unfortunately its common sense, and has nothing to do with fear or fear mongaring...., it's life.
IMO.....you are right.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:52 AM

Breaking news just came in....
Iraqi PM: Plot to attack New York, Paris Subways Uncovered

I'd been hearing chatter about this a few weeks ago, they'd been warning people to keep a vigulant watch in NJ....

Old 09-25-2014, 10:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Breaking news just came in....
Iraqi PM: Plot to attack New York, Paris Subways Uncovered

I'd been hearing chatter about this a few weeks ago, they'd been warning people to keep a vigulant watch in NJ....
The fact that such plots are routinely uncovered contradicts your entire premise that the government is doing nothing. In fact, the government is doing a great deal, including spying on American citizens, in order to detect and remove risks to the American people.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The fact that such plots are routinely uncovered contradicts your entire premise that the government is doing nothing. In fact, the government is doing a great deal, including spying on American citizens, in order to detect and remove risks to the American people.
you are correct, the government would also do better, if they had closed off all our boarders and been more vigulant about who is here.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
you are correct, the government would also do better, if they had closed off all our boarders and been more vigulant about who is here.
Do you mean you want the country on lock-down? No one in or out? Because that's "closed borders". And even in the case of the most "closed borders", people try to sneak across. East/West Berlin??? As for vigilance about who is in the country, certainly we could do a better job of monitoring visitors. But the expense of surveillance of millions of tourists, and visiting workers, visa students, etc, 24/7 would be mind-boggling. At some point, you have to weigh the costs of that kind of vigilance, and weigh the implications as well. Are we a free country? Or are we a terrified country that has traded in our freedom for the illusion of security? Because it is an illusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies