Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 09:17 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times

Advertisements

Justice for Michael Brown | NAACP

http://www.naacp.org/share/justice-f...el-brown-share

Look though this site.

They have Wilson convicted without charges being filed.

Why not wait until the Grand Jury decides after hearing the evidence???

Old 09-26-2014, 09:24 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
So people cannot have opinions before the grand jury has spoken on a crime?

You seem to convict Obama, illegals, Biden, liberals....pretty much everyone else in most of your threads. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So people cannot have opinions before the grand jury has spoken on a crime?

You seem to convict Obama, illegals, Biden, liberals....pretty much everyone else in most of your threads. Maybe you should take your own advice.
Can you point one or, two times out that I have convicted anyone????

Old 09-26-2014, 09:29 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
The NAACP hasn't been interested in real justice in a couple decades.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The NAACP hasn't been interested in real justice in a couple decades.
I agree.

I am surprise they have not changed their name.

Isn't saying "colored people" bad???

Old 09-26-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I agree.

It's only bad if you're white. Colored people can call other colored people anything they want to, that's the privilege you get for being under privileged or whatever they're calling it these days.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I don't know what show I was passing by some night this week but the guest was talking about the problem with people catching police incidents (and other incidents) on their cell phone and then the news media all picking up the video. The problem, the guest said, was that people don't whip out their cell phones to capture what led up to things. He wasn't critical of the people doing the video or photography, he hinted it's just natural to pick up the camera phone when you think there is something worth recording. So, for example, two kids fighting on a bus - you don't see what happened to start one whaling on the other and in these police incidents, you don't see cell phone captures of what happened before the police used force. The guest said he was once against having police cars equipped with cameras but he's changed his mind. Now he thinks it would be a good thing because before people develop a mindset about what happened they need to see the whole story before people (like the NAACP) get all bent out of shape before they know all of the facts and then find it hard or impossible to step back because they are on record, too.

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
I agree.

Quote:
It's only bad if you're white. Colored people can call other colored people anything they want to, that's the privilege you get for being under privileged or whatever they're calling it these days.
It is for historical reasons. Black people don't call themselves colored. The agency just never changed its name to remind us of its original context.

Quote:
Justice for Michael Brown | NAACP

NAACP

Look though this site.

They have Wilson convicted without charges being filed.

Why not wait until the Grand Jury decides after hearing the evidence???
It is an opinion.

And no.. the Grand Jury can decide not to file charges on Wilson, which wouldn't be in their best interest.

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
why do you guys care what Blacks call each other?

white privilege...smh

Old 09-26-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
why do you guys care what Blacks call each other?

white privilege...smh
Who are "you guys"?

I'm the father of a half black child, I generally care what takes place in the black community because it will affect his life forever. Where exactly can I pick up my white privilege because I haven't been able to find that **** yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies