Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2014, 01:29 PM

1,961 posts, read 2,252,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I see what you are driving at but I disagree. But call it what you want but if you let the act of a nutjob change your life and way of living then the terrorist has accomplished their mission and you have allowed them to. The odds of you dying or being involved in a terrorist attack are nearly 0% yet you have far higher odds of being killed or maimed in an auto accident or dying from the flu, yet you do not over react to them. Life is full of choices, chose which sort of life you will live, one filled with irrational fear or one where you enjoy life to it's fullest, your choice and no one else's.
This act has not changed my life or my way of living. My posts have been aimed at supporting my opinion that this was an act of terrorism. Just because I think this was an act of terrorism does not mean I am terrified.

I agree with most of the rest of your post although I doubt you know my reaction, or lack thereof, to the chances of dying in a car crash or from the flu.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't see anything "religious" about his bias. "His bias against whites" would have sufficed. Perhaps you can enlighten us all about the "religious" component of his biases. I'm sure you've spoken to him extensively in order to arrive at your conclusions. Otherwise, your conclusions might be the product of your own personal biases.
Is sarcasm really necessary?

Did you read through his Facebook page? I did. Unless he has been hacked (and I didn't see any such comments from him), the origin of his bias doesn't require any conclusions...it's all there plain as day for any to see. Although I suspect his FB page has been deleted by now.

Therein lies the beauty of a public FB profile...no need to speak to someone personally.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpindogs View Post
Is sarcasm really necessary?

Did you read through his Facebook page? I did. Unless he has been hacked (and I didn't see any such comments from him), the origin of his bias doesn't require any conclusions...it's all there plain as day for any to see. Although I suspect his FB page has been deleted by now.

Therein lies the beauty of a public FB profile...no need to speak to someone personally.
When you assert that the origin of his bias against race is religion, then evidently sarcasm is necessary. Because YOU are the one showing us YOUR biases. Islam is not biased against white people.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:22 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
I specifically and deliberately used the language "get involved with" not "visit areas with". Words matter. I wrote:

"Now I will attempt to clarify this point further.

Presidents naturally get involved with serious natural disasters. It's what they do. There is little choice involved beyond perhaps the timing of a visit.

However, presidents do not generally get involved with serious personal crimes. It's not what they do. So when they do get involved with serious personal crimes they are making a statement regarding their values based on the types of serious personal crimes they choose to get involved in.

One cannot logically compare the two since one assumes a presidential response and the other does not."

Ringwise was obviously referring to the president's involvement with personal crime victims based on his two examples. You introduced natural disaster victims. I pointed out the difference. That is not spin. That is fact. This is the post you replied to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise
Yet he weighed in almost immediately on Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. What that tells me is that he only gets involved when the victim is a young black man. Is that "in the description"?

This is the post I was responding too.

"Yet he weighed in almost immediately on Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. What that tells me is that he""" only""" gets involved when the victim is a young black man. Is that "in the description"?"

You're just not going to let it go. I EXPLAINED my point, maybe I should do as your family and friends do and say you're right, so that way life can go on!

Old 10-02-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
This is the post I was responding too.

"Yet he weighed in almost immediately on Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown. What that tells me is that he""" only""" gets involved when the victim is a young black man. Is that "in the description"?"

You're just not going to let it go. I EXPLAINED my point, maybe I should do as your family and friends do and say you're right, so that way life can go on!
Yes, that is the post I referenced. I took it directly from your response.

I got your point, okie. It just wasn't a valid comparison. For the logical reason I explained. To use your basis we would have to compare the president's response to *natural disaster* victims of each race. Maybe that's hard for you to see. No matter.

When my posts are not carefully read (as they are carefully written) and thus misinterpreted (along with a dash of personal insult thrown in <sigh>) I will admit that I tend to further elaborate without responding to the insult. However, it is obvious from your inclination to insult me that there is no point so it is definitely time to let it go.

Bye Bye!

Old 10-02-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
When you assert that the origin of his bias against race is religion, then evidently sarcasm is necessary. Because YOU are the one showing us YOUR biases. Islam is not biased against white people.
Did YOU read his FB Timeline?

Old 10-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The article on Cheney is as biased and presumptive as the extreme right wing articles on high profile liberal Democrats. If we get our information from such sources (on either side) we are affixing the blinders about as close to our eyeballs as we can get.

Old 10-02-2014, 03:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Did YOU read his FB Timeline?
Islam is not biased against white people.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Islam is not biased against white people.
We are not talking about Islam. We are talking about Alton Nolen's (Jah'Keem Yisrael's) personal religious bias, however perverted it may be, as evidenced by his Facebook Timeline. At least that's what I was talking about.

Continuing to repeat the same statement is not going to change what I wrote. No matter how many times you do it.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM

495 posts, read 684,515 times
Why do people insist on whitewashing what this guy did by calling him a "nutjob" ? My zany cousin is a "nutjob", the guy that talks to himself is a "nutjob". This guy brutally severed a womans head off as he was shouting allha Akbar. This guy is a murdering terrorist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies