Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 02:39 AM

433 posts, read 290,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Well, which would one rather have (yes, I know, the real purpose has already been covered): people who accurate putting their rounds where they mean or people not so accurate, perhaps causing a greater innocent bystander risk?

Or, for that matter, on the bad side, people doing a clean kill or those making an "Ironside" out of it?
I know leftist love to reject logic and reason...Too accurate....What the hell..

Old 09-27-2014, 01:06 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
"pretty lame for hunting"...When you miss a shot, and you have spend days tracking game only to go home empty handed I want you remember what you just said...

If it works, well it is not lame is it?
I agree that it isn't very sportsman-like. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Where is the skill in it? The possibility that you may miss is just part of the whole experience. It puts you on an even keel with the animal you're stalking. You versus them.

Whatever floats your boat though. If people want to use something like this for hunting, I have no problem with it personally.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree that it isn't very sportsman-like. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. Where is the skill in it? The possibility that you may miss is just part of the whole experience. It puts you on an even keel with the animal you're stalking. You versus them.

Whatever floats your boat though. If people want to use something like this for hunting, I have no problem with it personally.
Why must it come down to skill?

I mean what is better then making a shot you may not have been able to make and taking home a ten pointer Elk?

I mean anything that makes a gun grabber this upset, by default I must have it..

Old 09-27-2014, 11:31 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
I know you do not hunt, so how can you say what is and what is not hunting.

If anything this will share the sport and allow more people to enjoy it as the price comes down for later and great models..

So agree with you or be label a "wimp", Sorry real hunters do not care about the opinions of people who know nothing of hunting to being with.

Oh please, these are not real hunters. These are the wanna be hunters. The real hunters I know sit in a tree for hours in camouflage just waiting for that deer to appear. Now these are the real hunters, don't you think...not the ones who can pick off a target by a tracking point rifle.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:39 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
"pretty lame for hunting"...When you miss a shot, and you have spend days tracking game only to go home empty handed I want you remember what you just said...

If it works, well it is not lame is it?
Then don't take the shot. That's what most of us practice. If I can't make a clean kill- I don't shoot. If I wound a bird, I have a dog that runs it down.

I really don't see what, if any, issue is about this nonsense. Is this just a gun lusters fight just 'cause?

But hey- If you want a $10,000 smart gun to shoot for you- have at it sharpshooter!

Old 09-27-2014, 11:41 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

It would never fly in Montana. This is a Fair Chase state. You better leave your smartguns at home and buy a stair-master instead, hotshots.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Oh please, these are not real hunters. These are the wanna be hunters. The real hunters I know sit in a tree for hours in camouflage just waiting for that deer to appear. Now these are the real hunters, don't you think...not the ones who can pick off a target by a tracking point rifle.
No, they are real hunters, what wanna be would throw down 40,000$ to hunt in Africa..

So just because they have better tools then those guys they are not hunters?

Great reasoning..

So becase you have better tools then other people you are not a hunter...I am crying laughing..

Old 09-27-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
It would never fly in Montana. This is a Fair Chase state. You better leave your smartguns at home and buy a stair-master instead, hotshots.
Oh now it will fly Montana believe in the 2nd Amendment and freedom of choice..

What tools you use does not matter...

Who are you or anyone else to limit the ability of other people?

Old 09-27-2014, 11:51 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
No, they are real hunters, what wanna be would throw down 40,000$ to hunt in Africa..

So just because they have better tools then those guys they are not hunters?

Great reasoning..

So becase you have better tools then other people you are not a hunter...I am crying laughing..

So I guess I could have one of those guns and call myself a hunter. Now I am crying laughing because I am considered a hunter now lol This is not hunting. How do they hunt, they just shoot and kill.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

So I guess I could have one of those guns and call myself a hunter. Now I am crying laughing because I am considered a hunter now lol This is not hunting. How do they hunt, they just shoot and kill.
If you kill an animal and eat it, by definition you are a hunter..It does not matter if it is with dead fall trap, spear, bow, firearm, or phase plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Tools improve..

It is hunting, and all your nay saying does not change this fact nor will it stop us from pushing the mark, limits, abilities of technology to aid in the great art and tradition of hunting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies