Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 02:36 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times

Advertisements

Rachel Maddow? (and virtually everyone else on that very large network)

Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM

174 posts, read 181,604 times
[quote=OldTimer1947;36665626]When I was a young boy, every family owned a home, people got married, had kids and could afford them.

Now, every community innthis country seems to have a "ghetto" area, race relations are a mess and nobody has amy idea how to make things better. There are so many women having kids out of wedlock its mind boggling. And those fathers, more often than not, don't ever marry the woman they had a child with.

Moreover, what happened to morality? The crimes I read about and the senselessness of them go beyond words. We use to play stick ball in the street. The worst we did was open up old fire hydrants on a hot day in the summer. Now, the crimes are horrific. Teen girls murdering other teens in cold blood because they didn't want be friends anymore.

It's truly sickening. Its amazing how I have seen things get worse over the decades. Where do we go from here? Is our country seeing the sunset on our best days? Or will we be able to rally around eachother and go back to the way things use to be.

Nobody wants to work anymore. These government handouts have done so much to cripple our society. And whats worse is, its like "give a dog a bone," in that, since they have been given so much, I fear we will never be able to force people to work again because they are use to getting things for free.

I don't want to get Political, but this is a major source of resentment that exists acorss the working/non working citizens.
[quote]

Taking away power from the oppressor American starting with NAFTA and creating common core as well as no child left behind. Disney and other agenda elites have destroyed morality in children and schools further that same agenda. I often wonder how the creator of common core sleeps at night.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:48 PM

174 posts, read 181,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Please name a liberal personality on the level of Rush Limbaugh who brainwashes via a daily program. Liberal radio and TV hosts never took off because liberals become liberal thru education and life experience. Conservatives are brainwashed sheep who think the Bible is the truth and need their talking points from Rush, Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity rather than ever having independent thought. It's why you defend unlimited corporate power when that would not be in your best interest to allow unlimited rights to collude with each other and pollute with no regulation.

The Disney channel is one of the biggest because it goes right to the youth. American children grow up today feeling guilty of being American.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Rachel Maddow? (and virtually everyone else on that very large network)
You mean the channel with low ratings?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:53 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You mean the channel with low ratings?
There may be hope for society after all...LOL It does look like they are setting records for turning people off with their extremity...

Old 09-29-2014, 02:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer1947 View Post
Yes, similar to Mayberry. Like much of this country was in the 50s.
I'm sure anyone who was alive in the 50s and not white would probably not have such a rosy memory of the 50s.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
The Disney channel is one of the biggest because it goes right to the youth. American children grow up today feeling guilty of being American.
Oh ok, I don't know how I forgot about Mickey Mouse being evil and anti-American, I forgot his rounded ears are just inflated devil horns

Old 09-29-2014, 03:06 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually the authorization of force FROM CONGRESS was and is the dec of war for Iraq and afghanistan

there is no FORMAL documentation in the way to declare a war
When Congress enacts a law that is as "formal" as it gets, particularly if is it a Joint Resolution.

It is rather silly to think that Congress authorizing the President's use of military force against another nation, organization, or individual, is not a declaration of war.

Congress - "We are going to bomb you back into the stone age, but you should not consider it an act of war." Only uneducated Americans could be stupid enough to believe that garbage.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:12 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The radical left wing has been chipping away at America's values for decades. First it was changing the Constitution, not by amendments but by judicial activism. Then the social programs of FDR which were expanded into the massive entitlements of today. Then the Immigration law of 1965 bringing mostly third world immigrants here. Then the flood of illegals. Then the attack against God, misinterpreting the separation of church and state. Then the treehugger movement and global warming and the EPA gone amok. Then the change of the definition of marriage against the will of the people. Also the divorce courts total prejudice against men that has led to a decrease in marriage. Men will not risk the commitment to a woman due to fear that they will be destroyed by the courts if the marriage fails. Now Obama and the radical's takeover of healthcare and their spending us into oblivion.

There there now. Go on back to your recliner and Fox Spews

Old 09-29-2014, 03:34 PM

433 posts, read 290,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinctwentyone View Post
That is why we have take back the schools, once we do we can prevent the infection of America`s future with the diseases of cultural Marxism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies