Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 11:34 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What did he do to "make Brown a hero"?
Sending representatives from the White House to Brown's funeral was a big thing.

Sending the AG to the town.

Talking about Brown in speeches.....even at the UN.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:37 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets see, Officer with a perfect record and no complaints, vs. a local thug (Gentle giant my A) who just got done assaulting a store clerk on video minutes before the shooting incident. Those that accept and defend the Michael Browns of their community get what they deserve- Anarchy and Lawlessness. Find a more sympathetic victim to defend and maybe the majority will side with you.
justice and sympathy are not connected, nor does past record save Wilson if this one time, he failed to follow procedure..to the letter.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Sending representatives from the White House to Brown's funeral was a big thing.

Sending the AG to the town.

Talking about Brown in speeches.....even at the UN.
I know it pains you..not the Philadelphia,Mississippi 1963 way.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I know it pains you..not the Philadelphia,Mississippi 1963 way.
Am I suppose to know what that means????

I was born in 1970.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Am I suppose to know what that means????

I was born in 1970.
You don't know history. That town is where 3 civil rights workers were killed, with their pd decades later indicted, murdered for registering people to vote..stuff our vets died for.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:49 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
In what other profession do employees have people trying to kill them?

And in what other profession do the employees - whose lives are being threatened - have miliseconds to make life/death decisions?

None that come to mind.
I was shot at twice when I was working repo's for a bank in my early twenties. One guy was a prominent dentist in Potomac MD who apparently didn't feel he needed to make any payments on his Porsche 928, and the other was some thug in SE D.C. who had a pimped out Chevy Astro van.

Not a fun thing to have happen.

I also worked for Chevy Chase Bank in the eighties, an employee snapped and killed 2 of my co-workers and seriously wounded a third. They were my friends. I would have been in the same lunchroom with them had I not gone outside to mail my phone bill. Since I was a medic in the Army (reserve at the time) I had to provide 1st responder aid until police could clear the building. It was a tough, tough day. I think about it often.

The shooter was mentally unstable, recently released from a mental institution, lied on the pistol permit and came in to kill as many as he could. Tsegay was his name as I recall.

I'm quite familiar with being shot at and dealing with the aftermath. Cops aren't the only targets.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
justice and sympathy are not connected, nor does past record save Wilson if this one time, he failed to follow procedure..to the letter.
Very true. But it also does not indict him just because people are looking for a scape goat.

After the elapsed time, the public does not know and still clammer for a lynching (so to speak).

Old 09-28-2014, 12:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
The killer cop still roams free, a grand jury is still "investigating," the police chief puts a half-baked apology to the victim's family on a video instead of meeting them in person, the town's "finest" wore bracelets supporting their homicidal colleague (until a Justice Department order came down), and you "cannot believe this is still going on."
No murder. Pretty simple for people with a brain & an ounce of decency. Don't be a punk. Don't attack police officers. Don't get killed. I hope punks everywhere took notice.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Proper grammar is 'Here are some videos from tonight and other days."

If you want to talk about education, well?
In the video Driller1 posted; when the spokesperson was asked if the shooting had anything to do with the "protesters", the spokesperson, said no.

So, it does not matter about either, proper grammar or the protesters' education.
They are both unrelated to the shooting.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
In the video Driller1 posted; when the spokesperson was asked if the shooting had anything to do with the "protesters", the spokesperson, said no.

So, it does not matter about either, proper grammar or the protesters' education.
They are both unrelated to the shooting.
There were many videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies