Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Swiss reject switch from private to state health insurance

"Our health system is among the top performers in the world. Competition between health insurers and freedom of choice for clients play a major role in this,"

"Supporters of the status quo argue that higher premiums are inevitable given an ageing population and costly cutting-edge medical care, and say shifting to a public system would generate few savings."

The Swiss are not exactly Tea Party activists and even they can see the incredible stupidity of Obamacare.

Well good...oh, wait, Obama isn't the President of Switzerland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Not yet but he would like to be president of the world if he could.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:28 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Not yet but he would like to be president of the world if he could.
Oh snap! I've been listening to the conservative Obama haters here telling me for 6 years how out of touch and incapable he is. They've been saying that he is indecisive and uninvolved in world affairs.
Now I find out that he has been secretly plotting to take over the entire world, including Switzerland.
Go figure

Old 10-01-2014, 06:28 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Oh snap! I've been listening to the conservative Obama haters here telling me for 6 years how out of touch and incapable he is. They've been saying that he is indecisive and uninvolved in world affairs.
Now I find out that he has been secretly plotting to take over the entire world, including Switzerland.
Go figure
Being stupid and lazy doesn't mean he can't be dangerous. He is trying to shred the Constitution in the US. When he is Secretary General of the UN you will remember your post. He received the Nobel Peace Prize for accomplishing absolutely nothing. Who knows what radical liberals have in store for him.

Old 10-01-2014, 06:40 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,222 times
If I was a guy who started a topic claiming that the Swiss rejected Obamacare while in fact they have been enjoying state sponsored healthcare since 1996 I would probably try to be invisible in the next few weeks.
You lost any credibility you might have had and then some.

Quote:
Being stupid and lazy doesn't mean he can't be dangerous. He is trying to shred the Constitution in the US. When he is Secretary General of the UN you will remember your post. He received the Nobel Peace Prize for accomplishing absolutely nothing. Who knows what radical liberals have in store for him.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:59 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Well, the Swiss clearly do not have the very, very, very smart bureaucratic masterminds that we enjoy here in the US.

We in the US have come to understand that we need these bureaucrats to stand between us and our doctors. The ignorant Swiss still believe a doctor knows better then a bureaucrat whether his 12 year old patient should get a lung transplant or not.

The ignorant people might think that their costs are rising and the quality and freedom of choice are deteriorating, but we in the US are smart enough to know, that all we need to do is ask a bureaucrat, and they will tells us the exact opposite.

Bottom line is this, bureaucrats no better than the people, what is best for them, even if the people are to freaking ignorant to understand it for themselves.
You appear to have missed that the system the Swiss voted to keep is very much akin to what the ACA has instituted. Probably should have read the thread, not just the OP.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:05 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
He is pretty much not one of the USA either.

Lame duck presidency never sounded so good

Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Ask the 200,000 people in Kentucky that just received health insurance for the first time what they think of ADA. As a friend of mine that finally could buy health insurance despite having once had cancer. an unregulated health insurance market is nothing more than a license to collude to steal from the many to provide luxuries for the few.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:28 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,043 times
That is one of the most misleading thread titles I've ever seen on this forum. When did Switzerland, one of the most neutral countries on Earth, become a U.S. territory or a state? The Swiss never "rejected" Obamacare, as there was no Obamacare to reject in the first place!

Otherwise, I'm glad that the Swiss have found a health care system that works for them.

- skbl17

Old 10-03-2014, 01:05 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Swiss reject switch from private to state health insurance

"Our health system is among the top performers in the world. Competition between health insurers and freedom of choice for clients play a major role in this,"

"Supporters of the status quo argue that higher premiums are inevitable given an ageing population and costly cutting-edge medical care, and say shifting to a public system would generate few savings."

The Swiss are not exactly Tea Party activists and even they can see the incredible stupidity of Obamacare.
Not to beat a dead horse...but...

Switzerland rejects single-payer in landslide, keeps its version of Obamacare - Vox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies