Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 03:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
That does not even remotely address anything that I said at all.

An initiation of force does not have to be violent. And anything that I do which is not an initiation of force, by definition, cannot harm anyone else. An initiation of force is any action that coerces another to act against their will involuntarily.

My "litmus test" for the morality of a policy or law, or for any human interaction for that matter, is if anyone initiates force upon another. Those who initiate force are immoral and should be retaliated against. If no one has initiated force upon you, you have no right to retaliate against them. Retaliation is the only moral form of force and it can only occur after someone has initiated force.

Live and let live.
Blah, blah, blah.

Your interests do not outweigh the interests of others. Period.

All you are doing is a protracted whine because your interests don't always coincide with the interests of others, and they outnumber you. In a democratic society, if they outnumber you, they overrule you. Boo-hoo.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:00 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Blah, blah, blah.

Your interests do not outweigh the interests of others. Period.

All you are doing is a protracted whine because your interests don't always coincide with the interests of others, and they outnumber you. In a democratic society, if they outnumber you, they overrule you. Boo-hoo.
The enlightened argument of an aggressor. That is why your ideas need aggression to get people to comply. "Might makes right." LOL

The "noble" ends DO NOT justify aggression.

Live and let live.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Nice redirection??? Anyway, I am at the most extreme end of the left, by the way. You know, maximum moral individual freedom...You to me are a right-winger Maybe anyone who doesn't agree with you is "right-wing"? Again, I am as far to the left as is possible short of anarchy both socially and economically. The "right" is for strong centralized control of social and economic philosophy.

I follow a non-aggression principle and free market Austrian economics...just a heads up if you want to call me names. Some of those who read a little more like to say I am an "anarchist", which is wrong, but it is closer to the truth than "right-winger"...LOL
free market Austrian economics... WTF?? Dr. Paul, is that you?

"The developed countries that have done best in the recession—places like Israel, Canada and Sweden—are the ones that have pursued the least “Austrian” courses of action, while the European Central Bank’s insistence on pursuing a somewhat Austrian-style course in Spain and Italy is creating a deepening crisis."

Old 10-01-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
free market Austrian economics... WTF?? Dr. Paul, is that you?

"The developed countries that have done best in the recession—places like Israel, Canada and Sweden—are the ones that have pursued the least “Austrian” courses of action, while the European Central Bank’s insistence on pursuing a somewhat Austrian-style course in Spain and Italy is creating a deepening crisis."
To each his own. You like using magic green toilet paper that only entitles the Rothschilds of the world to enslave everyone in perpetual debt and "inflation" by counterfeiting. That's fine. Others, God forbid, would like their currency to have an actual value in the marketplace that is tied to something, anything at all in reality. Even our own Constitution specifically outlined that gold and silver coin was to be the currency. Nearly everyone that signed that document spoke often and loudly against the obvious evils of "paper money".

It's okay though. I think the Morgan's and Rothschild's deserve the indentured servitude of the 188 countries that they already have in perpetual debt for their "service" of counterfeiting. We only paid them about 500 billion last year in usury for their noble service to mankind. Every time them presses run baby, your toilet paper's value goes down, down, down. That is why what was 1/20 oz. of gold, the original "dollar" is now worth 1/1200 oz. Yes, the Chosen Families deserve everything that they have taken from the people.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sheeesh, how did this turn into 19 pages of arguing?

You cannot deny an entire class of people service based upon something like religion or ethnicity.

You can't have a "No jews" bookstore. You can't have a "No blacks lunch counter".

Now if the gun range owner doesn't like the conduct or whatnot then they are free to refuse service on that basis.

However, you cannot have a blanket policy.

The range owner is an idiot.
Thank you for stating the obvious. Has anyone bothered to take a look at Jan Morgan? From what I can tell, she is a Palin wannabe who looks like plastic surgery victim Joan Collins and who sort of bills herself as Ms. NRA. It's somewhat interesting that all of her self-advertising states that she is a 27-year veteran of journalism and is an "award-winning AP journalist and anchor." I have attempted to find what specific awards she won or what she has written or produced, and cannot find anything. If anyone knows what her "awards" are, I would love to know.

She is also angering gun owners who do not believe in bigotry or discrimination based on religion.

Jan Morgan: idiot, bigot, or both? | Gun Nuts Media

Arkansas firing range declares itself 'Muslim Free Zone'

Old 10-01-2014, 05:15 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Hey.....we're fine...unless provoked.
This is very true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Thank you for stating the obvious. Has anyone bothered to take a look at Jan Morgan? From what I can tell, she is a Palin wannabe who looks like plastic surgery victim Joan Collins and who sort of bills herself as Ms. NRA. It's somewhat interesting that all of her self-advertising states that she is a 27-year veteran of journalism and is an "award-winning AP journalist and anchor." I have attempted to find what specific awards she won or what she has written or produced, and cannot find anything. If anyone knows what her "awards" are, I would love to know.

She is also angering gun owners who do not believe in bigotry or discrimination based on religion.

Jan Morgan: idiot, bigot, or both? | Gun Nuts Media

Arkansas firing range declares itself 'Muslim Free Zone'
Maybe she is a long lost Palin relative then?any fights in her trailer court this week?

Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What the **** does religion have to do with gun rights???!?!

Old 10-01-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
LOL....this thread is everywhere. It's just a clash between those who actually believe in private property and those who think all businesses are government's property...LOL

Old 10-01-2014, 05:20 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
LOL....this thread is everywhere. It's just a clash between those who actually believe in private property and those who think all businesses are government's property...LOL
Not at all.

Look, private property has to follow the law respecting people's civil rights. Discrimination is a violation of civil rights. That's why this is an issue where the government would get involved.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:23 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,093,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
This is actually an important question to ask. According to the owners, she just dislikes Muslims. Her business doesn't connect to Islam or Islamic extremism at all. She just dislikes Muslims and decided not to serve them. Some would call that a poor business strategy (though I doubt her clientele was made up of a particularly large Muslim following).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies