Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 08:53 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But....it is the topic.

She sells guns.

To buy some guns there is a form both the buyer and the seller fills out. (the wait check)

The seller has to say they believe the form was filled out correctly and truthfully.

Sellers are told NOT to sell if they have any doubts......it sounds like she does.
I don't remember there being a "religion" section in the forms I have filled out.
So what does she doubt on the form?

Old 10-03-2014, 08:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't remember there being a "religion" section in the forms I have filled out.
You would have to ask her.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:58 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
S'funny...worked in trauma centers my whole career...not one of the TONS of GSWs we had were muslim-perpetuated.
Gang? Sure.
Suicide? Sure.
Mugging? Yup.
Home invasion? Yup.
Bar fight? Yup.
Attempting to leave the Aryan brotherhood? Uh huh. You don't leave them but one way.
A huge number of them were the dumbasses cleaning loaded weapons...
One was a drunk 12 year-old kid playing Russian roulette with blanks (blew his skull and part of his brain off)...

But boy...I sure am happy this range owner is protecting us all from all the muslims out there.
This ^^^^^^^^^!

Old 10-03-2014, 09:00 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
You would have to ask her.
I doubt that would help, since she obviously sees things others cannot, such as Islam not being a religion and the ability to look at someone and be able to tell what faith they belong to.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/atf-f-4473.html

Perhaps identifying the buyer????

Old 10-03-2014, 09:02 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
But....it is the topic.

She sells guns.

To buy some guns there is a form both the buyer and the seller fills out. (the wait check)

The seller has to say they believe the form was filled out correctly and truthfully.

Sellers are told NOT to sell if they have any doubts......it sounds like she does.

You keep ignoring that she is refusing to RENT guns to Muslims. That is the talking point. Separate from selling them any guns at all.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
But....it is the topic.

She sells guns.

She may sell guns, but as a gun range owner, her business is providing a place for people to shoot their guns. And she's talking about prohibiting Muslims from shooting guns on her premises. Not about refusing to sell guns to Muslims. Which, given the multitude of places people can purchase guns in this country, is rather pointless. In fact, her entire point is publicity. She's just trying to drum up business for her gun range. And living in a place where the number of Muslims is minimal, and also since you cannot identify who is a Muslim simply by looking at them (so she has no way of identifying Muslims), she's just making an empty claim. To drum up business.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She may sell guns, but as a gun range owner, her business is providing a place for people to shoot their guns. And she's talking about prohibiting Muslims from shooting guns on her premises. Not about refusing to sell guns to Muslims. Which, given the multitude of places people can purchase guns in this country, is rather pointless. In fact, her entire point is publicity. She's just trying to drum up business for her gun range. And living in a place where the number of Muslims is minimal, and also since you cannot identify who is a Muslim simply by looking at them (so she has no way of identifying Muslims), she's just making an empty claim. To drum up business.
I agree.....it is a silly thing to say.

My point is dealing with and selling guns is not the same as selling a bag of chips.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:21 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:

My point is dealing with and selling guns is not the same as selling a bag of chips.

That is good to know but definitely not on topic.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:

Absolutely. Which is why the state and authorities take such an interest in businesses that deal with guns, and why a gun seller, or gun range owner, has obligations to comply with the laws and rules the state and federal government have put in place governing her business. Laws and rules that include not discriminating on the basis of religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies