Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 12:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by q123 View Post
Most heads of secret service have decorated military backgrounds, so it seems rather unlikely that this woman fit the bill. And then the obvious fact that the ball was dropped by the secret service multiple times under her command. I think it's fairly safe to say that this was an "affirmative action" hire for Obama to help his street cred.
Just for kicks I looked at the directors over the past 30 years. Three out of seven had military experience.

Do the homework. The SS has been dropping balls since it began protecting the president, any president.
There seems to be a consistent Cancer within the organization- a failure to imagine threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Likely she was too far entrenched in the organization to see its flaws, let alone do anything about them.
I think you are probably right and it's likely true for prior directors who came up the ranks.

Then there are those who had minimal to no agency experience who did not fare any better.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If this is the case, then this should negate any accusations of affirmative action. Accusations such as that, to me, reveal deeper problems within certain individuals, such as anger.
Accusations often say more about the accuser than anything else.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I would have thought that Secret Service agents had fitness requirements??!?
So now that the Affirmative Action card has not played out well, let's focus on her weight being a factor, eh.

There are thousands of SS employees and most do not serve in the Protective Services division. Do you think she did shift work in the White House?

Take a look at prior photos of her, while she was an active employee within Protective Services. She was fit and trim.

Her predeseccor was a white male, fit and trim. Despite this the SS dismissed gun fire as car backfire and allowed uninvited guests to attend a state dinner at the WH. The whole Columbia prostitution thing went down on his watch, too.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Actually posted an articcle the other day in a similar thread where obama was getting pressure to choose a woman after assigning a number of administraion jobs to men. To appease his woman's vote he appointed JP.

Reuters
"The Secret Service has been criticized for having an insular, male-dominated culture, and Pierson's appointment also comes as Obama fends off criticism that his second-term picks for high-level posts have not included enough women and minority candidates."
That's opinion, not fact.

That she is a woman and/ or trended " fluffy" has nothing to do with the breaches in security.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:53 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,347,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Just for kicks I looked at the directors over the past 30 years. Three out of seven had military experience.

Do the homework. The SS has been dropping balls since it began protecting the president, any president.
There seems to be a consistent Cancer within the organization- a failure to imagine threats.
All this nonsense, and frankly sexist talk about Pierson, is not getting at the real problem of the issue.

Your comments about a cancer within the organization is probably a step in the right direction...there's been a lot of rust within the ranks, perhaps the organization hasn't been really tested much and it's been ossified.

I also think that the transfer of the SS to the Department of Homeland Security from the Treasury Department in recent years hasn't really helped - it makes it less politically independent than when it was under Treasury.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,128,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by q123 View Post
Most heads of secret service have decorated military backgrounds, so it seems rather unlikely that this woman fit the bill. And then the obvious fact that the ball was dropped by the secret service multiple times under her command. I think it's fairly safe to say that this was an "affirmative action" hire for Obama to help his street cred.
I think her appointment may have been a result of those SS guys going to strip clubs and such. Throw some old bag into a crowd of aggressive males is the ticket to keeping them on the straight and narrow.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I think her appointment may have been a result of those SS guys going to strip clubs and such. Throw some old bag into a crowd of aggressive males is the ticket to keeping them on the straight and narrow.
Good grief, every time I think the cons have hit a new low they show me they can dig even deeper. There really is something wrong with a segment of our populace.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:26 PM

72,959 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Accusations often say more about the accuser than anything else.
Exactly my point. Anyone who makes such accusation without solid evidence, said persons have bigger problems than just that particular issue.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:22 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,353,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Can you prove Pierson got there because of Affirmative Action?
It's common knowledge that she was hired because of the previous secret service scandal involving prostitutes and womanizing from their trips. They hired a woman to make up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies