Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:50 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times

Advertisements

I haven't seen one of you liberals say that he was wrong in what he said........Just a bunch of personal attacks....I guess it's hard to face up to the truth and try to fix it!

Old 10-03-2014, 01:55 PM

72,976 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I haven't seen one of you liberals say that he was wrong in what he said........Just a bunch of personal attacks....I guess it's hard to face up to the truth and try to fix it!
Actually, the problem is this. Most people who look at it as "Plague of Black Violence" will call it that out of resentment towards Blacks in general. And with Nugent having appeared on Political Cesspool at one time, I have to consider he has negative feelings towards Blacks.

If it was Bill Cosby, or Philadelphia's mayor(Michael Nutter), I would have more respect. They actually sat down and discussed in in a rational manner, broke it down, and talked specifically about the segment of the Black population that was causing these problems. Ted Nugent, well, the only thing I can see from him is vitriol.

Ted Nugent has threatened violence on people, so he has not business speaking on this.

He also has no business speaking on who Blacks vote for. It is not his business.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
We have hockey riots all the time, with smashed windows and burning police cars. White rioters.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:14 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, the problem is this. Most people who look at it as "Plague of Black Violence" will call it that out of resentment towards Blacks in general. And with Nugent having appeared on Political Cesspool at one time, I have to consider he has negative feelings towards Blacks.

If it was Bill Cosby, or Philadelphia's mayor(Michael Nutter), I would have more respect. They actually sat down and discussed in in a rational manner, broke it down, and talked specifically about the segment of the Black population that was causing these problems. Ted Nugent, well, the only thing I can see from him is vitriol.

Ted Nugent has threatened violence on people, so he has not business speaking on this.

He also has no business speaking on who Blacks vote for. It is not his business.
Funny, I thought speech was protected. Look how many sacks of hot air post in this place.

So, you have more respect for Bill Cosby because he breaks it down, or because he's black? I'm sorry, but you don;t have to be black to understand what's happening. Nor do you have to be a racist to call out something that is patently wrong.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:45 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Funny, I thought speech was protected.
If the best you can say of Ted Nugent's statements is that they're not technically illegal to utter, you have elevated "damning with faint praise" to an entirely new level.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
We have hockey riots all the time, with smashed windows and burning police cars. White rioters.
And yet, NO ONE seems to want to point those out.

At least when you see black riots, it's typically after someone was killed or blacks were "wronged" in some way.

The hockey riots happen after your team loses (or wins) a damn game? That's far more illogical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Then you haven't been paying attention. We all KNOW there's something wrong in the black community. What I personally have an issue with, as I already stated, Ted Nugent doesn't give a damn about the black community. If he was sooooo concerned about this "plague" then he would actually speak directly to the black community, not some conservatives who are speaking on the issue.

Only blacks are the ones to fix it and this guy, as well as non-blacks, have NO say so on what blacks do since he and people like him aren't going to do one damn thing about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies