Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 06:01 AM

62,943 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
And how are you going to do that without totalitarian measures?
Stop the government freebies and tax credits to those who have numerous kids they can't afford to feed for one thing. In the case of our own country limit immigration more than we do.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
The OP is exactly right. What he/she may not understand is that we no longer have a humanist society. That is a culture that was part of the US Constitution, individual rights, freedoms. That culture is now hated by the main stream of society. We now have an environmental society. It values human life less than all. It treats human life as a disease, a plague on the earth. I've heard several times that these environmental types would love to significantly reduce the human population. That way people wouldn't take up so much space and use our natural resources. That's why they push for more abortions, push for legalized suicide, etc.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:20 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Stop the government freebies and tax credits to those who have numerous kids they can't afford to feed for one thing. In the case of our own country limit immigration more than we do.
So let their children starve basically is what you're saying?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
So let their children starve basically is what you're saying?
A person will figure out a way to care for their own kids or they will stop having them.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:26 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I'm more of a humanist I think and BECAUSE OF THIS, I'd prefer people who are not able to care for their children to stop having them. If Alyssa Milano has to beg me to send you my money, you can't afford them. If this is your second kid and your STILL on SSI, you can't afford them.

Just because you have the power to sexually reproduce, does not mean you should. This is true for many reasons beyond the scope of this discussion.

Having children is a privilege, not a right.
How are you going to stop people from having kids? Government intervention? Forcibly taking away their children?

Old 10-06-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The OP is exactly right. What he/she may not understand is that we no longer have a humanist society. That is a culture that was part of the US Constitution, individual rights, freedoms. That culture is now hated by the main stream of society. We now have an environmental society. It values human life less than all. It treats human life as a disease, a plague on the earth. I've heard several times that these environmental types would love to significantly reduce the human population. That way people wouldn't take up so much space and use our natural resources. That's why they push for more abortions, push for legalized suicide, etc.
As I said, in order to be a humanist one has to protect the environment first. Why some aren't connecting the dots here is beyond me. I am all for keeping our population growth in check but abortion isn't the solution nor is legalized suicide. Remove the incentives to overpopulate and humans will be more responsible in their re-producing habits.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:00 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
IMHO, our environment is already plenty clean, especially when you consider how much it has improved over the last 40 years. But at this point, the environmentalists would shut down what makes our modern society prosperous and clean. Take for example, the automobile. If the earth firsters had their way, they'd shut down oil exploration. What they don't seem to understand is that if we were all riding horses yet, we would have a far worse pollution problem than we do now. Abundant energy actually makes it easier to have a clean environment. It doesn't make it dirtier.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
IMHO, our environment is already plenty clean, especially when you consider how much it has improved over the last 40 years. But at this point, the environmentalists would shut down what makes our modern society prosperous and clean. Take for example, the automobile. If the earth firsters had their way, they'd shut down oil exploration. What they don't seem to understand is that if we were all riding horses yet, we would have a far worse pollution problem than we do now. Abundant energy actually makes it easier to have a clean environment. It doesn't make it dirtier.
We are running short on water here in the west. Farmland isn't as plentiful as it once was because we are building homes and businesses on every square inch to accommodate an ever increasing population growth. I suggest that anyone who thinks that unlimited population growth is a good thing read up on what the carrying capacity of any nation means. So many are coming here in poverty and many of our own are living in poverty but pro-creating like there's no tomorrow. Which puts added stress on our ariable land space, resources and taxes to support them.

Old 10-06-2014, 11:03 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
If environmentalists actually believed their own BS they would be demonstrating against open borders and unlimitrd immigration policies of the Obama admin.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If environmentalists actually believed their own BS they would be demonstrating against open borders and unlimitrd immigration policies of the Obama admin.
Organized groups who claim they are environmentalists are being paid not to point to unlimited immigration as harming it. The Sierra Group is a good example of that. However, us regular citizens who are environmentalists are very vocal about objecting to open borders and unlimited immigration. Our voices are loud and being heard but ignored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies