Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times

Advertisements

This is not about the word Redskin being offensive its about control.
An attack on the first amendment freedom of speech.
As I always say show me a liberal and I'll scratch you out
A fascist.

https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/s...us&.lang=en-US
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 07:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
They were talking about this yesterday on the local talk show here. I guess our government has nothing better to do, or more important issues to focus on like our economy being in the s****er, the growing illegal immigration issue, and the further erosion of our middle class in our race to the bottom.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
The problem is this.......

From your other link.

Bob Kenny, the school's interim president, is quoted on the website as saying the graduates' selection of Abu-Jamal reflects "their freedom to engage and think radically and critically in a world that often sets up barriers to do just that."

Jailed Cop Killer Is Picked as Graduation Speaker - ABC News

Seems many only want what they want heard, heard. Those who claim that barriers are wrong also set up barriers and those who complain about those actions are often times willing to complain about words they also do not like.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
A fascist.

That's liberals. If they get a thought in their head, any thought at all, they petition government to force their thought on everyone else, and make it illegal for contrary opinions of that thought to exist.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:53 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,120,976 times
John Banzaff III needs to shut his big, fat, obscene mouth, be fired from his job as a professor (Ph D = piled high and deeper), and sent to work on a pig farm where he can commune with his constituents (oink!).

Old 10-01-2014, 08:02 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
They were talking about this yesterday on the local talk show here. I guess our government has nothing better to do, or more important issues to focus on like our economy being in the s****er, the growing illegal immigration issue, and the further erosion of our middle class in our race to the bottom.
Correct they can not control the borders or even secure the whitehouse but they must stop the Redskins football team what do they want the Washington native Americans ?

Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
I say they should start small and work their way up.

First, the government should go to the Navajo reservation where Red Mesa High School is located and tell those American Indians that they aren't allowed to call their team's mascot the Redskins. The government can just inform the Navajo people they are too primitive to have the ability to process the fact that they should be mad at themselves for being racist against themselves.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:15 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Correct they can not control the borders or even secure the whitehouse but they must stop the Redskins football team what do they want the Washington native Americans ?
Speaking about the White House, I wonder when the PC Nazis are going to start saying "Executive Mansion" instead.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
A fascist.

What's new... Government bans 1st amendment... News @ 10.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Hehe I find the whole thing hilarious as an Eagles fan..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies