Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 10:12 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

He was a Ranger stationed in Iraq in 2007. His fate is sealed. We need intel to conduct a rescue operation, but getting intel in a place where everyone but the Kurds hate us is extremely difficult and unreliable.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:16 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
These people don't care who they kill since they believe in getting virgins and becoming a hero and often family members getting paid for giving their sons or daughters to the cause like Hamas was doing by paying $25,000 to the family of Hamas homicide killers.

Therefore Israel attacked the houses of these family members who have the blood of innocent people on their hands by exchanging money for their family member to blow other people up in the air in a cruel way.

There is no way to reason with people with that kind of mind set. Most people believe in life on earth and being a good person...they believe a good person is one who kills someone else and gets virgins.

I ought it was weird to see the mom on TV with veil and I don't want to judge a parent who's child may be beheaded soon since I don't think I can place myself in that mind set since that is beyond what I can comprehend.

As long as other muslims aren't standing up by the thousands nothing will change and only boots on the ground and major air attacks can solve this issue.

Taking passports away and rights and frozen assets can do a little bit to change things but when we had the Boston bombing it clearly came out that The US was warned about the murderers and nothing was done so we need to get skilled people in place to act on warnings and when I heard obama blame intelligence while he is mostly playing golf, I knew we are in deep trouble since it seems him and his friends in Washington are not interested in the rest of us as they should when they took the oath.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:16 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
" We spent a decade training the Iraqi military. When the enemy came, they put their weapons down, shed their uniforms and hid" - Rand Paul early Summer, 2014 ( before his mind was changed about taking action).
Not sure what your point is, but I agree it's bad business to arm/train foreign armies. Our track record of picking bad guys to support is unmatched.

The irony of the Rand haters is that both the NeoCons & NeoProgs are identical in ideology towards foreign policy. That's why both sides hate Rand for not wanting to engage in endless war. Not sure if I'd vote for Rand or not, but his suggestion to provide, limited, temporary air strikes to neutralize ISIS until Arab troops can take over sounds pretty reasonable to me. Far more reasonable than anything the status quo D's or R's are proposing.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:19 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
In the words of Colonel David Hunt, "Let it burn!"

Better yet, if the Sunnis take over Iraq, let their next door neighbors, the Iranians (Shia), test their new form of energy on them.

Keystone, anyone?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:21 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
These people don't care who they kill since they believe in getting virgins and becoming a hero and often family members getting paid for giving their sons or daughters to the cause like Hamas was doing by paying $25,000 to the family of Hamas homicide killers.

Therefore Israel attacked the houses of these family members who have the blood of innocent people on their hands by exchanging money for their family member to blow other people up in the air in a cruel way.

There is no way to reason with people with that kind of mind set. Most people believe in life on earth and being a good person...they believe a good person is one who kills someone else and gets virgins.

I ought it was weird to see the mom on TV with veil and I don't want to judge a parent who's child may be beheaded soon since I don't think I can place myself in that mind set since that is beyond what I can comprehend.

As long as other muslims aren't standing up by the thousands nothing will change and only boots on the ground and major air attacks can solve this issue.

Taking passports away and rights and frozen assets can do a little bit to change things but when we had the Boston bombing it clearly came out that The US was warned about the murderers and nothing was done so we need to get skilled people in place to act on warnings and when I heard obama blame intelligence while he is mostly playing golf, I knew we are in deep trouble since it seems him and his friends in Washington are not interested in the rest of us as they should when they took the oath.
We've had boots on the ground in Iraq for 11 years, what has it solved? Why would more of the same fix this moving forward? Let's say we put boots on the ground & magically eradicate all sectarian loyalty between Sunnis, all outside influence from the Saudis & all the bad blood from the Shia. Who takes over at that point? Democratic elections again? Let the majority Shia, with the Al Sadr Militia & Iran behind them run the show? There is no winning end game. That's why we should just pull the plug & come home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies